Elemental Weapon Range Crit Cyclone [Softcore]

Very interesting !!!!
I dropped a triple T1 Elemental thrusting sword a few weeks ago, and I was wondering what to do with it.
So I started to make my own build with the help of a few peeps.
I ended up with a Cycloner too, and since then I've been trying to maximize the DPS output.

Because my triple T1 Elemental sword has a shitty Crit roll, I went Resolute Technique (Hits can't be evaded).
I run Anger, Wrath, and then HoI+HoT or Determination (yeah 150% reservation !)
I run Blood Rage and have 7 Frenzy charges (I target 8 once I find a good corrupted amulet) to get a +28% MORE Damage, this is the biggest damage booster you can get !
I use Rallying Cry which gives a nice damage boost.
I use 2x Atziri promise flasks (I don't need a quicksilver, I use Whirling Blades + Fortify for movement.

I'm so jealous of you 75k DPS with only 4 damage gems !!!!
I can only reach ~40-45k DPS with Cycl/Conc.Effect/WED/AddedColdDmg/FasterAttacks/BM) with 20/20 gems (50k if I Dual Wield).

What I'm wondering is if your investment in AoE is worth.
Compared to my build, you have Amplify (+20%), +2 Range in weapons, 20% from Carcass and 37% Inc.AoE gem ! But when watching the video, despite your radius is the double of mine, I feel like it's still a very small radius compared to any other AoE Skill.
You should probably swap the Inc. AoE gems for a Added Cold or Added Lightning Dmg, you won't feel the radius difference and this will give a very nice DPS Boost !
Also, try with Rallying Cry and Atziri flasks as well, I'm pretty sure you can reach 100k DPS :)

My Passive Tree
"
iSkiv wrote:

Thing is he is already one shotting just about everything. It is cool to go all tooltip warrior and post on reddit, but why overkill a few mobs when he could kill a much bigger pack in the same amount of time.
It's not about packs, every build one-shot packs.
It's about dangerous rares/unique, Exiles, and bosses with crazy max affixes.

Cyclone base AoE is very small.
Increasing by 20+28+20+37 = 105% still make it small.
Removing the IncAoE gem still leaves 68% AoE increase.
I believe it won't change the gameplay, and provide a necessary DPS increase.
Why ?
Because I believe that the build doesn't have sufficient armour to survive the higher content, so if I would go with this build, I would maximize DPS and go for Vaal Pact which is only 3 points away in the tree. Life leech is not as strong as before, but it is still good.

I'm not playing the tooltip warrior at all (why would I made a Tanky 1H RT build then ?).
I myself have tried with and without Inc.AoE/Amplify, and found out that it was not necessary.
Being very fast and mobile is much more efficient.

But that's a personal preference, and I understand and accept that people may have a different point of view :)

i have a quick question : Is this better than the physical version with no range? Or it's just a different way to play ?
GG GGG
Last edited by Iboga on Aug 11, 2015, 4:21:46 AM
"
iSkiv wrote:
Very interesting !!!!
I dropped a triple T1 Elemental thrusting sword a few weeks ago, and I was wondering what to do with it.
So I started to make my own build with the help of a few peeps.
I ended up with a Cycloner too, and since then I've been trying to maximize the DPS output.

Because my triple T1 Elemental sword has a shitty Crit roll, I went Resolute Technique (Hits can't be evaded).
I run Anger, Wrath, and then HoI+HoT or Determination (yeah 150% reservation !)
I run Blood Rage and have 7 Frenzy charges (I target 8 once I find a good corrupted amulet) to get a +28% MORE Damage, this is the biggest damage booster you can get !
I use Rallying Cry which gives a nice damage boost.
I use 2x Atziri promise flasks (I don't need a quicksilver, I use Whirling Blades + Fortify for movement.

I'm so jealous of you 75k DPS with only 4 damage gems !!!!
I can only reach ~40-45k DPS with Cycl/Conc.Effect/WED/AddedColdDmg/FasterAttacks/BM) with 20/20 gems (50k if I Dual Wield).

Compared to my build, you have Amplify (+20%), +2 Range in weapons, 20% from Carcass and 37% Inc.AoE gem ! But when watching the video, despite your radius is the double of mine, I feel like it's still a very small radius compared to any other AoE Skill.
You should probably swap the Inc. AoE gems for a Added Cold or Added Lightning Dmg, you won't feel the radius difference and this will give a very nice DPS Boost !
Also, try with Rallying Cry and Atziri flasks as well, I'm pretty sure you can reach 100k DPS :)

My Passive Tree

For me its is worth it with no doubt i did play normal cyclon and realy disliked it, i do have the option to swap area to conc for bosses. i havent had problems up to now, weaver as example dies before he can get up to his split phase even without conc.
"
Iboga wrote:
i have a quick question : Is this better than the physical version with no range? Or it's just a different way to play ?

Better or worse isnt the right point of view, its diffrent its more offensive but less defensive gear is probably cheaper since ele isnt played that much. And i value the area (clear speed) over damage.
added a new vid (gorge)
How is the elemental reflect for this build? can u stil kill the reflect rare mob without dying
2H Lightning Striker, lvl 94 HC Duelist - ign Draizor
"
Draizor wrote:
How is the elemental reflect for this build? can u stil kill the reflect rare mob without dying

i didnt die to reflect yet but it hurts, since most of the damage is lightning a topaz flask may help.
In what order should a new character build out the passive tree?

Also, what skills are good to level this build prior to reaching cyclone? (e.g. cleave vs... XXX?)
All that and a bag of chips!
Last edited by Mooginator on Aug 12, 2015, 9:41:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info