Elemental Weapon Range Crit Cyclone [Softcore]

[no longer updating this build since duelist is no longer the best choice, sorry]

Spoiler

This build was made for [SC], its not meant for HC but you can rework it to get it HC viable.
You can make it viable with a small budget and it scales very well late game with good gear and jewels.

English isnt my first language so please be gentle :).

The idea is to increase the clear speed by increasing the area of cyclone since the area is based on your weapon range this is the way to go.

Stats

No Screen shots yet, but the damage was increased a lot with 2.1
6frenzy, 4power charges, blood rage = 86K with inc area and 132k with conc effect
it doubled compared to 2.0

Gear and Explanation

Weapons Mainhand

you want thrustings sword which have a weapon range of 7 as the only 1h weapon, u need a open suffix to master craft +2 weapon range (requieres Vagan lvl7) on it. Crit and attack speed are the most important stats (after the open suffix), you should look for at least 1x flat elemental damage or weapon elemental damage as well.
I started dual wileding but my setting changed because i figured that:
1: Vagan mod is Local
2: When dual-wielding weapons with different range, all attacks will use the lower value except
for Cyclone, which will use the higher one.

Offhand
So you can either use the off hand slot for a shield or a second weapon to increase either your defense or offence as u like.

-[One Handed Sword + Shield] if u want more defence u can use a shield as well. In this case you cant take dual wield jewels so take care.

-[Dualwield Swords] U can get higher damage with dualwield in sacrifive of a shield due to the Attack speed buff, you also get acces to Twin Terror which is a nice crit boost. (The Sword above isnt a good example since Vagan Mod is local u dont need the +2 wep range on it, crit multi would be the way to go!)

Jewels

melee damage - area damage - critical strike multiplier with one handed weapon / or while dualwielding - attack speed with swords

+1 weapon range is what we want here, attack speed is a nice bonus.

Helmet

I did chose Devoto's mainly for the movement speed it does increase your clearspeed (not dmg) more than a Alpha's Howl.
Rat's Nest would be a viable but more expensive option.

Body Armour

While carcass increases your clear speed and damage providing Area and Area Damage, Lightning coil is a good option in higher level Maps due to its physical mitigation but it might be hard to cover the loss in resistances.

Jewelery

Prefix ; Life / Weapon Elemental Damage / # Elemental damage
Suffix ; Resis / Accuracy / Attack speed ( Crit Chance / Crit Multi for Amulets)

Gloves

Prefix ; Life
Suffix ; Resis / Accuracy / Attack speed

Optional

Belt

Prefix ; Life / Weapon Elemental Damage
Suffix ; Resis

Boots

Prefix ; Life / Movement Speed
Suffix ; Resis

Flask

You'll need instant flask, remove bleeding and a topaz for reflect if your dmg get to high.

Gems and Links

Those are the most important links

Cyclone > Weapon Elemental Damage > Increased Area > Faster Attacks = Increased Critical Damage = Added Lightning
Start using the gems in the set order the last 3 gems may get you more or less damage depending on gear jewels so on. If u cant sustain ur mana with leech add mana on hit jewels or use bloodmagic until u can. It's viable on a 3-4 Link.

Herald of Thunder - Curse on Hit - Assasins Mark
to generate powercharges without manuel cursing.

Whirling Blades - Blood Magic - Fortiy
to get the Fortify Buff while rushing throu your Enemys

Enduring Cry - Blood Magic - Blood Rage
Enduring Cry to gain extra Physical mitigation when needed.
Blood Rage to gain some extra Damaga and Attack Speed

Last but not least Wrath
to get a strong damage increase

Bandits

N Oak - C Kraityn - M power charge optional frenzy charge

FAQ

_
"
Q Looks good, but I'm pretty sure that grabbing Frenzy Charges from the tree/Merc Bandits would be a pretty huge gain. All you would lose would be a single Jewel slot. Faster Attacks might be a higher dps gain than Added Lightning, not sure about that though.

A frenzy charges are nice to have grab them if you have spare points.[Edited]

__
"
Q Any reason not to use MGOH instead of BM for sustain?

A I'm not sure how well this would work out - mana cost without BM is still 69 (not including the 6th gem). u probably have to drop a herald or get aura nodes as well as getting an additiional stats on jewels or drop one of the dmg stats.(copied from my reddit post)

Feedback and Questions are welcome
Message me ingame @JayWar
Last edited by Shareware on Jul 13, 2016, 9:08:24 AM
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2016, 3:06:47 PM
:)
Nice guide!
Looks good, but I'm pretty sure that grabbing Frenzy Charges from the tree/Merc Bandits would be a pretty huge gain. All you would lose would be a single Jewel slot. Faster Attacks might be a higher dps gain than Added Lightning, not sure about that though.

107 Points with Frenzy Charges
finally a use for my sweet loot i found early in the league

gonna do this build. aw ye
Good guide. You should give a try for a secondary cyclone to proc fortify instead of whirling blades; feels pretty damn smooth with any cyclone build!
Last edited by NoobFor3ver on Aug 10, 2015, 7:23:07 PM
"
Axarion wrote:
Looks good, but I'm pretty sure that grabbing Frenzy Charges from the tree/Merc Bandits would be a pretty huge gain. All you would lose would be a single Jewel slot. Faster Attacks might be a higher dps gain than Added Lightning, not sure about that though.

107 Points with Frenzy Charges

frenzy charges are nice to have but in boss fights without adds u have none same with powercharges i do prefer constant dmg increases - my personal preference thou. feel free to grab them

even thou its an ele build u get an extra hit when u start the spin so faster attacks may be more tool tip but may not more dmg in the end. not 100% sure.

"
Any reason not to use MGOH instead of BM for sustain?

I'm not sure how well this would work out - mana cost without BM is still 69. u probably have to drop a herald or get aura nodes as well as getting an additiional stats on jewels or drop one of the dmg stats.(copied from my reddit post)
Last edited by Shareware on Aug 10, 2015, 8:06:50 PM
tree is updated and stats are added
Last edited by Shareware on Aug 10, 2015, 10:01:39 PM
Looks like a fun build dude, good job coming up with something unique. I might roll this in warbands if I get around to making a new character.
IGN: zerokontrol
"
zerokontrol wrote:
Looks like a fun build dude, good job coming up with something unique. I might roll this in warbands if I get around to making a new character.

Thanks alot, its alot fun to play to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info