[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
JamesGamer wrote:
guys,

I understand that it is best to bring all gems to 20% quality, but which ones should I focus on first? There are so many of them!

The ones that give you the most extra damage. Check what 20 quality does for each of them.

First should be CtF: +10% inc Fire dmg and +10% inc Cold dmg = +20% inc damage for you.

After that, there are 4 gems that give you +10% each

Controlled Destruction: +10% inc spell dmg
Spell Echo: +10% inc spell dmg
Fire Penetration: +10% inc Fire dmg
Conc Effect: +10% inc area dmg
"
FangedLion wrote:

Just wondering, how do you get that much intelligence? I am level 76, and ATM I only have around 1,100 intelligence. I have taken pretty much all of the intelligence on the passive tree (also have brute force on the way to unwavering stance with fertile mind on the way to vaal pact), and also have 2 perandus signets (1 leg and 1 nonleg), a decently rolled astramentis, and a 10 16 whispering ice. I have intelligence currently only on my boots, but will eventually craft some on my headpiece. My belt is a fire doryani's to cap resistances. BTW can you also tell me what your links are for WI in 2.1? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Lv 76? I bet you don't have one of the Brute Forces yet, the one in the Templar area. Or even more than one. You should have 3 Brute Forces and 2 Fertile Minds. And you want to find Int on your gear: chest, helm, gloves, boots. The OP's items in the 1st post are almost ideal, those cost a lot. Mine (linked above) are much less perfect, but I got Int on all pieces except the gloves. It really adds up. WI + 2x Perandus multiply it by 1.38 (with 5 uniques).

WI gems for this build have been mentioned several times:

I use Conc Effect all the time and take the AoE nodes. The original build uses CE only for bosses and Faster Casting instead of CE for map clearing, and he takes 1 extra jewel socket instead of the AoE nodes for more Int.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 25, 2016, 11:17:55 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
FangedLion wrote:

Just wondering, how do you get that much intelligence? I am level 76, and ATM I only have around 1,100 intelligence. I have taken pretty much all of the intelligence on the passive tree (also have brute force on the way to unwavering stance with fertile mind on the way to vaal pact), and also have 2 perandus signets (1 leg and 1 nonleg), a decently rolled astramentis, and a 10 16 whispering ice. I have intelligence currently only on my boots, but will eventually craft some on my headpiece. My belt is a fire doryani's to cap resistances. BTW can you also tell me what your links are for WI in 2.1? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Lv 76? I bet you don't have one of the Brute Forces yet, the one in the Templar area. Or even more than one. You should have 3 Brute Forces and 2 Fertile Minds. And you want to find Int on your gear: chest, helm, gloves, boots. The OP's items in the 1st post are almost ideal, those cost a lot. Mine (linked above) are much less perfect, but I got Int on all pieces except the gloves. It really adds up. WI + 2x Perandus multiply it by 1.52 (with 5 uniques).

WI gems for this build have been mentioned several times:

I use Conc Effect all the time and take the AoE nodes. The original build uses CE only for bosses and Faster Casting instead of CE for map clearing, and he takes 1 extra jewel socket instead of the AoE nodes for more Int.

Okay thanks for the quick response, but one last question, where do you put the 2nd fertile mind? *Update nvm figured out it goes on the jewel socket to the right of starting area.
Last edited by FangedLion on Jan 25, 2016, 10:02:57 AM
I really, really bate this buid...found the leveling slow and punishing...wanted to level and try wihtout the mandatory uniques...
I really really hate this build because I only play my owns and ended surfing from 60 to almost 80 usijg arc tendril and two middly good scepters.
I really really hate this buid cause I didn't cared about Atziri nor Uber
I really really hate this build cause im not gonna buys another whispering set aside socketing it
I really really hate this build cause I already got legacy signets waiting for me and actual are soo expansives.

But finally the real reason is that except the 3 aoe nodes near ths scion I am taking the same exact pathing, I already almost all the gear. .and the OP is so nice tbat im gonna give it a go again, buy some book of regret and a bunch more of regrets.

I think my main mistake was to try it in leagues without the adequate gears.

At first I tought that a 7 link cast when stunned would be amazing and that the int would provide enough ee inc. And spell damage too..then I realized how much I was wrong..

To the OP im totally convicted that after some investment all this hate will be changed in love and that I will totally ate this build to the fullest (an empty stomach isnt good in wraeclast)
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Ok did catch the last 25 pages..

I have to say that something that bother me a bit much:

I always se WI this or cast WI..etc... but isn't the skill called IceStorm?
So why not IS this or IS that while using the WI
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
Leveling with WI is slow? You must be not doing it right.

Grab Lightning Tendrils right at the start, and surely you have a Lifesprig or two in your stash and an Elreon ring/amulet that makes LT cost zero mana so that you can spam it. Junk uniques trivialize everything at low levels. Go straight through the progression, don't even bother staying in any place and leveling, you get more and more xp as you go. Just make sure to finish all quests that give skill points.

At lv 33 equip your WI and never look back. I think I switched gear like once or twice during leveling, put on resist stuff at some middle point. Finished merciless Malachai at lv 64 with a couple of deaths on the way. This build is totally OP for the storyline content. A few Dried Lake runs to get to lv 68 and equip the real gear. And off you go into the maps.

WI and Icestorm are one and the same. It's what you cast and you can't get that skill from anywhere else. We call it just 'WI' cause it's simple. :)
Leveling felt super slow .. then I used a bow til lv 20 ( 25 min) then used a pillar and a few jewel to go to level 35 (40 more minutes) then it felt very slow..pushed to 38..then 45 then switched back to a pillar.
At level 65 ihs switched to arc and tendril it was faster..then was a bit in pain...

Then used a bunch or regret took some inspiration from the reading from here bought some more item then..then
Spoiler
I HAPENED! !!!!!!!!!!!! [/spoilers]

What I was thinking was wrong, boosting with rare and aura wasnt good , in my opinion its either you have the items or you dont do it.
I used clear mind and hidden potential then I realized it will not work.

Now im flaying with such a good might (such a bad pun) got from 79 to 82 in no time...did some hard t8 with resist like 20 to 30ish..it was super fine. It can face tank everything, now ill focus on optimisation, 9k es is too short, current tooltip is in the 3200k ish ans int like 1270 ish.

At this point 10% inc max ES give 200 Es and 10 int give 50 ish ES .
I am hesitating between many options; take templar jewel or the one under ghost reave.

Didnt use rallying cry yet but im considering it. Have Cwdt including molten shell that stil give some ES back. Im considering using vall molten shell but I think its now good. Im looking forward to had more Vaal Discipline/haste.

Dont have a space fkr flamedash yet but am including vigilant strike + FA its alwas good to have fortify
By the time you are lv 68-70 you HAVE to put on the gear that defines this build, or further progression will be very painful indeed. No point in discussing the build if you don't have the items that make it work.
So, I finally got this build going, and leveled up some more. I'm thinking about picking up Thief's Craft (+30 int node near shadow area past Vaal Pact). You take 2 dex nodes (1 of them is converted to int) to reach it. Would you say that it is worth it or not to go for it?
Last edited by FangedLion on Jan 27, 2016, 5:53:44 PM
"
FangedLion wrote:
So, I finally got this build going, and leveled up some more. I'm thinking about picking up Thief's Craft (+30 int node near shadow area past Vaal Pact). You take 2 dex nodes (1 of them is converted to int) to reach it. Would you say that it is worth it or not to go for it?

So you spend 3 points to gain +40 Int. It may look similar to what the Brute Force and Fertile Mind jewels do, but those are converting the nodes spent on pathing to other useful things, and with higher Int/node yield too.

What level are you? Are you totally out of better things to spend points on? Lv 95+? If so then this is more efficient than just grabbing three +10 Int nodes. But I think taking the jewel socket near Avatar of Fire with two +4% ele dmg nodes and putting another Izaro's Turmoil in it would be a better use of 3 points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info