[2.0] [HC Tempest] lvl 88 RT Ele Split Arrow Totems

it may even happen that I don't keep this in stash
for absolutely no reason
Burn all the orbs!
"
Flouyd wrote:
Did you test LA or SA together with pierce gem instead of chain? It doesn't have the less multiplayer like chain and unless you fighting very small groups you hit the same amount of targets with chain and pierce. The gem gives 69% + 10% from quiver and 15% from the quest reward jewel for 94% pierce

I tried SA with pierce but did not like it at all. For LA I did not try chain as RAT + GMP/LMP + Chain seemes like too much. Pierce actually sounds like a nice idea for LA. I will try that out once

"
skuadak wrote:
it may even happen that I don't keep this in stash
for absolutely no reason

It is a shame when so many good ele rolls happen on a slow attack speed base. You really want at the very least over 1.65 attack speed. Since the ele damage rolls are not dependend on the base you want to use the highest APS base for ele builds. Which is why I got a Thicket Bow. Another great thing about rolling an ele build is that you learn how to evaluate great ele items which the majority of even seasoned PoE players have no idea how to do.

On a different note: I tried out the Static Electricity jewel and it is a lot of damage. It adds 1 - 2 Lightning damage plus 1 for each 1 Dex in a large radius. I now got two sockets with 80 dex in the area which is two times 1 - 82 added lightning damage. A level 20 Wrath gives you 16 - 248 added damage.
I respeced some points so I can soon use 2 of those jewels. I swapped back to RT instead of investing more into accuracy which is a significant damage increase. I also reached level 84 and got my tree planned up to 91 now. I will try to update the build today as I will be away for the rest of the week starting tomorrow.

EDIT: Updated the tree for the unique jewels and RT.
Last edited by yojimoji on Aug 10, 2015, 7:07:08 AM
How do you feel about this build vs. physical crit? I put together this tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe0359de96_rruDvajo4oVICP23Q0s6Y19TZJbrwDuhrMwfCF2Kk1RR38rhs5H4j8nlQXnVI2_N9Q-zznUwTMi4krICIkk_QW11CPtP73mdvekOW6qmvH_3ujWMHEx-rXyZIRdaOd03aignzWSBqDKqW1sS3jYvfm9tUhVhTY9OkL-CgYj8-qly-ywnaq3Ph9BKguMC2KsbIyDzAMecFK5fDwtFr_GroNfJpXE9hDMYeJyqa-nK7ZVS6yqHM6MRow2WfMrUPiTGjhyDw3NkFWUb2ae_lQnL2ZUWOXDE1oro_I=

It picks up Acrobatics and doesn't need to take the aura nodes to have a mana pool to cast from, allowing me to grab critical strike chance on the tree.

I'm thinking of using Lightning Arrow with Rain of Splinters to give it LMP without requiring a support gem. This allows me to use Pierce or Chain and play towards the totem's strengths of an additional support.

My links will probably include Physical to Lightning and WED, fully converting the damage into lightning, and then scaling it with WED's more multiplier, as well as scaling Hatred and Herald of Ash. My last link would probably be Lightning Penetration, but I'm not too sure.
Last edited by DeadlyParadox on Aug 11, 2015, 2:24:21 PM
"
DeadlyParadox wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm42v6wgu7YMZjgBe0359de96_rruDvajo4oVICP23Q0s6Y19TZJbrwDuhrMwfCF2Kk1RR38rhs5H4j8nlQXnVI2_N9Q-zznUwTMi4krICIkk_QW11CPtP73mdvekOW6qmvH_3ujWMHEx-rXyZIRdaOd03aignzWSBqDKqW1sS3jYvfm9tUhVhTY9OkL-CgYj8-qly-ywnaq3Ph9BKguMC2KsbIyDzAMecFK5fDwtFr_GroNfJpXE9hDMYeJyqa-nK7ZVS6yqHM6MRow2WfMrUPiTGjhyDw3NkFWUb2ae_lQnL2ZUWOXDE1oro_I=

It picks up Acrobatics and doesn't need to take the aura nodes to have a mana pool to cast from, allowing me to grab critical strike chance on the tree.

I'm thinking of using Lightning Arrow with Rain of Splinters to give it LMP without requiring a support gem. This allows me to use Pierce or Chain and play towards the totem's strengths of an additional support.

My links will probably include Physical to Lightning and WED, fully converting the damage into lightning, and then scaling it with WED's more multiplier, as well as scaling Hatred and Herald of Ash. My last link would probably be Lightning Penetration, but I'm not too sure.

I think crit can work well with totems. I dislike the fact that you do not get anything from travelling to Templar besides those few totem nodes. I do not think profane chemistry is worth it. You already got herbalism. I'd rather fill out the Scion life wheel for those 3 points and get 3 more increased max life. Also as you are crit you could grab the Templar power charge for 2 points and maybe even the Shadow power charge but I think it isn't worth it. Then use something like Split Arrow + Power Charge on Crit + Curse on Hit + Curse and use it to generate charges. Or use Assassin's Mark with Fenzy or Frenzy PCoC. Power Charges should be easy to get. Unless you really want the totem placement speed you could drop totemic zeal for the Scion jewel socket next to the proj damage nodes.

Rain of Splinters is nice because it saves a gem socket. On the other hand it lowers your damage. With RoS jewel, Chain and RAT lowering your damage you got a lot to make up for.

I am not sure why everyone is so keen on converting all their phys damage to ele and going WED for the multiplyer. Am I missing something here? You could just use Increased Crit Damage and PPAD (Phys. Proj. Attack Damage) right? That way EE and Resist maps don't slow you down as much. With LA + Chain + RAT + PPAD + Crit Damage + Faster Attacks and RoS you should do great DPS, especially if you get yourself some Power and Frenzy charges.

One question I got though: how do you plan to sustain your mana?

Also I wanted to answer way earlier but I was away the whole week. Pushing for 90 now on the totem build.
"
yojimoji wrote:
"
DeadlyParadox wrote:

I think crit can work well with totems. I dislike the fact that you do not get anything from travelling to Templar besides those few totem nodes. I do not think profane chemistry is worth it. You already got herbalism. I'd rather fill out the Scion life wheel for those 3 points and get 3 more increased max life. Also as you are crit you could grab the Templar power charge for 2 points and maybe even the Shadow power charge but I think it isn't worth it. Then use something like Split Arrow + Power Charge on Crit + Curse on Hit + Curse and use it to generate charges. Or use Assassin's Mark with Fenzy or Frenzy PCoC. Power Charges should be easy to get. Unless you really want the totem placement speed you could drop totemic zeal for the Scion jewel socket next to the proj damage nodes.

Rain of Splinters is nice because it saves a gem socket. On the other hand it lowers your damage. With RoS jewel, Chain and RAT lowering your damage you got a lot to make up for.

I am not sure why everyone is so keen on converting all their phys damage to ele and going WED for the multiplyer. Am I missing something here? You could just use Increased Crit Damage and PPAD (Phys. Proj. Attack Damage) right? That way EE and Resist maps don't slow you down as much. With LA + Chain + RAT + PPAD + Crit Damage + Faster Attacks and RoS you should do great DPS, especially if you get yourself some Power and Frenzy charges.

One question I got though: how do you plan to sustain your mana?

Also I wanted to answer way earlier but I was away the whole week. Pushing for 90 now on the totem build.

I'm not running chain. I'm using Pierce in Lioneye's Vision and Poacher's Aim, along with Rain of Splinters on the tree.

Converting everything into elemental with Physical to Lightning lets me use WED for a 59% more damage multiplier and lets me run Lightning Penetration. Normally the 50% of lightning damage built into Lightning Arrow would be severely reduced against elemental resistant mobs. This helps to counteract that. Also, a bigger lightning damage base lets me shock larger health targets very consistently. I'm not sure if PPAD, Faster Attacks, and Crit Damage out does it though.

Because of the physical to elemental conversion, things such as weapon elemental damage % on gear turn into the equivalent of physical damage increases. They also increase the damage of Hatred and Herald of Ash. It also makes Atziri's Promise 100% effective. It gives me 40% extra damage as chaos due to my damage conversion.

I think Profane Chemistry is worth it as long as the damage you take doesn't one-shot you. The healing increase out performs 3% life.

Physical damage opens up the opportunity to use Puncture traps for single target. I cannot use a single target RAT because of Rain of Splinters on the tree reducing my totem damage.

http://i.imgur.com/4cvifbn.png

I've been using mana flasks to manage mana so far. I haven't ran into real issues because they have 6 charges. I'm not sure if there's a way to solve that.

Last edited by DeadlyParadox on Aug 15, 2015, 9:35:56 PM
"
DeadlyParadox wrote:

I'm not running chain. I'm using Pierce in Lioneye's Vision and Poacher's Aim, along with Rain of Splinters on the tree.

Converting everything into elemental with Physical to Lightning lets me use WED for a 59% more damage multiplier and lets me run Lightning Penetration. Normally the 50% of lightning damage built into Lightning Arrow would be severely reduced against elemental resistant mobs. This helps to counteract that. Also, a bigger lightning damage base lets me shock larger health targets very consistently. I'm not sure if PPAD, Faster Attacks, and Crit Damage out does it though.

Because of the physical to elemental conversion, things such as weapon elemental damage % on gear turn into the equivalent of physical damage increases. They also increase the damage of Hatred and Herald of Ash. It also makes Atziri's Promise 100% effective. It gives me 40% extra damage as chaos due to my damage conversion.

I think Profane Chemistry is worth it as long as the damage you take doesn't one-shot you. The healing increase out performs 3% life.

Physical damage opens up the opportunity to use Puncture traps for single target. I cannot use a single target RAT because of Rain of Splinters on the tree reducing my totem damage.

I've been using mana flasks to manage mana so far. I haven't ran into real issues because they have 6 charges. I'm not sure if there's a way to solve that.

My main issue with mana flasks is that they take the slot of another flask. Mana flasks in general are really good at sustaining mana of course. Running one more utility flask is huge though. I invested 4 points on my passive tree into mana, which is a lot of investment too but allows me to run another flask. In the end it comes down to preference I would say.

Puncture trap is good single target and without chain your LA dps should be fine. You lose the crazy AoE of Chain sadly but you can't have everything I guess.

For entry level mapping your DPS is nice and with 5 frenzy charges and being a crit build it should soon be higher than mine on Split Arrow as I am using RT. Good Phys Crit bows can get expensive pretty fast of course. Also a Drillneck should do a lot for you with all that pierece chance.

Your reasoning for the ele conversion makes sense. Not sure if one or the other variant is better. You could do some testing and see what you end up with.

How do you generate Power Charges by the way? PCoC on Frenzy? Nice build overall, I think ranged attack totems are pretty good at the moment although nobody seems to play them.
Last edited by yojimoji on Aug 18, 2015, 8:45:56 AM
"
yojimoji wrote:
"
DeadlyParadox wrote:

My main issue with mana flasks is that they take the slot of another flask. Mana flasks in general are really good at sustaining mana of course. Running one more utility flask is huge though. I invested 4 points on my passive tree into mana, which is a lot of investment too but allows me to run another flask. In the end it comes down to preference I would say.

Puncture trap is good single target and without chain your LA dps should be fine. You lose the crazy AoE of Chain sadly but you can't have everything I guess.

For entry level mapping your DPS is nice and with 5 frenzy charges and being a crit build it should soon be higher than mine on Split Arrow as I am using RT. Good Phys Crit bows can get expensive pretty fast of course. Also a Drillneck should do a lot for you with all that pierece chance.

Your reasoning for the ele conversion makes sense. Not sure if one or the other variant is better. You could do some testing and see what you end up with.

How do you generate Power Charges by the way? PCoC on Frenzy? Nice build overall, I think ranged attack totems are pretty good at the moment although nobody seems to play them.

Yeah, I'm generating power charges with PCoC on Frenzy. After running many maps, I think my single target is good enough to warrant only using a 4 link on Puncture, unless it ends up falling off later. My LA totems put out enough damage against every rare to not have to use the puncture. Against map bosses, the puncture is almost not required. The moment the LA gets a shock going on the boss/rare, each subsequent hit does significantly more damage. It's almost a joke if the Puncture trap ends up critting.

If I move the Puncture to a 4 link, I could condense my gem setup.

Right now, I'm using two separate links. One is Split Arrow-Pierce-Curse on Hit-Elemental Weakness. The other is Frenzy-GMP-PCoC-Blood Magic. Not sure what the best way to condense it would be.

I'm trying out running Rallying Cry with my spare socket right now. It seems decentish, but I might be better off with Enduring Cry.
The problem I had with Enduring Cry was thta it pulls aggro which reduces the defensive that your totems give you. Rallying Cry also gives mana which is nice I guess but the damage increase does not seem too big.
Really cool looking build. I'll definitely give this one a go.
"
kinanischka wrote:
Really cool looking build. I'll definitely give this one a go.

Great to hear. Make sure to tell me if you enjoyed it and what you changed to fit it to your playstyle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info