[2.4] zSavage's Life Based Crit Mjolner ('Savagenuke') [Juggernaut]

Great build, running it myself atm.

I wanted to ask you, how do you feel about your build, vs the classic Rainbownuke? What's the difference, what are the pros, and cons in between choosing one of the other?

I was thinking it would be really nice to free up some mods on my rare items (helmet/gloves/boots, etc) and let my auras worry about the resistance game if I switched over to es/ci.
"
Ergonomically wrote:
Great build, running it myself atm.

I wanted to ask you, how do you feel about your build, vs the classic Rainbownuke? What's the difference, what are the pros, and cons in between choosing one of the other?

First, I've never played the classic rainbownuke (the low life shav's version). I've never had a shav's, actually.

But my personal opinion for the current state of the game is that my build will be tankier than that one at the current time. Why? Cause ES is pretty sucky right now. Your only means of recovery is going to be lifeleech/regen (can't use flasks), and leech got meganerfed in this patch. You're also going to lack armor, and can't use kingsguard for insane insta heal.

The classic Rainbownuke should do more DPS than mine (more auras, Pain Attunement) and have higher max res (again, more auras), but will suffer sustaining HP vs bosses (ES weakness due to leech reliance, can't mash instant life flask if needed), and suffer far more against physical damage (no armor to speak of). It also costs much much more than my build will.

In short:

Rainbownuke:
DPS
Max Res

My build:
Cost
Sustain
Tankiness

Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
After looking at the current version of the Rainbownuke build, I have to change my mind.

Tom94's build is non crit. This means he can't sustain his flasks with no monsters to kill and won't have the burst ability of crits. I also thought it was pure low life and not using Bloodmagic.

Versus that build I'll have to say that the only advantage rainbownuke will have is going to be DPS.

My build should have better sustain, tankiness, and max res through constant flask uptime.

Spell crit with rapid triggers fills up flasks very quickly, and also does status effects.

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I hope that you can put more of an emphasis on the importance of the surgeon flasks in your build. I was languishing in certain bosses like Piety in the new map UNTIL I rerolled my flasks for staunching surgeons. Now, I only die to storm bearer and vaal smash-like things.
Last edited by frenchtutor on Sep 6, 2015, 12:01:41 AM
"
frenchtutor wrote:
I hope that you can put more of an emphasis on the importantance of the surgeon flasks in your build. I was languishing in certain bosses like Piety in the new map UNTIL I rerolled my flasks for staunching surgeons. Now, I only die to storm bearer and vaal smash-like things.

That's a good point; while I did make mention of it I can emphasize it more.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I recently tried the rainbownuke and I would like to start by saying it's not my slice of pie. Your savagenuke build is far superior in my honest opinion;there's nothing like it.

I'd also like to ask what mods I should be looking for on my shield? I think it's odd you haven't traded it in for some more spell crit.
"
Ergonomically wrote:
I recently tried the rainbownuke and I would like to start by saying it's not my slice of pie. Your savagenuke build is far superior in my honest opinion;there's nothing like it.

I'd also like to ask what mods I should be looking for on my shield? I think it's odd you haven't traded it in for some more spell crit.

I've been using Rathpith because I like the combination of defense (through spell block and 10% life) and offense (raw spell damage) it gives.

But if you're looking to use a rare shield:

An ideal shield would have:
Spell Damage
Life
+Level(s) to cold or light gems (extra aura level)
Spell Crit Chance
Resist or Intelligence
Block Chance

High ES not needed at all. Since I typically run Bloodrage, my ES isn't up most of the time at all, so having an ES roll isn't necessary.

Otherwise you can run pretty much any shield you want. Saffel's Frame is highly recommended for Atziri.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I recently learned I've had the mechanics of pen wrong for a long time. Rerolled Mjolner to BBB and now running Discharge + Arc + Lightning Pen.

Updated main guide accordingly.

Also, ran a test run on Atziri for 2.0 today after swapping in lightning pen. I was able to facetank her easily, and the fight was much shorter than it had been in the past.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Sep 14, 2015, 5:00:35 PM
Hi!
I'm looking forward to do this build but i have some doubts about the skill tree. I could ask you to put a detailed tree at certain levels like 20, 30, etc? it would be great! :D

Cya!
Hi mate interesting build i am discharger also.
Wanted just to ask u have u try atziri or uber atziri to kill and can u put video of them pls?Tnx.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info