[2.4] zSavage's Life Based Crit Mjolner ('Savagenuke') [Juggernaut]

This build is totally hardcore viable if you have the gear, even with the 'nerfed' mjolner.

You don't need Vaal pact on this character. It's far away (you'll sacrifice life), and you won't be able to run bloodrage for attack speed and charges. Also, 2% isn't really that much versus the recovery potential of Kingsguard.

The rapid/instant healing from Kingsguard more or less handles any and all incoming damage, along with the surgeon's eternal flask.

If you had Atziri's Acuity, you could get pretty insane leech potential, though the spells don't crit 100% of the time, of course.

Reflect is much less dangerous in this patch, as it is limited to single mobs rather than a pack aura. If you see ele reflect, chug your topaz flask and/or your surgeon's eternal.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Watching the palace map convinced me to respec into this for 2.0. I saw that you made the call to use a kingsguard rather than the lightning coil. When and how do you make that determination?
"
frenchtutor wrote:
Watching the palace map convinced me to respec into this for 2.0. I saw that you made the call to use a kingsguard rather than the lightning coil. When and how do you make that determination?

If you're playing a high level map with scary physical burst, you can opt for the LC. But the build gets a lot more DPS and better sustain with Kingsguard because of the Iron Will gem and the mechanics of the chest.

I've also been using a surgeon's granite flask of iron skin when I run a phys map with the kingsguard, and it's handled everything so far.

That flask, the surgeon's eternal, and the Immortal call CWDT setup should cover you for nearly all cases.

If you have Acuties though then the slow rate of recovery of the LL gem vs bosses won't be a problem, and you can run LC all the time if you want.

With LC you'll need to use your life flasks more (slower recovery), but Kingsguard has superior instant recovery; you just need to be ready to use a resist or armor flask.

TLDR you can use Kingsguard all the time more or less if you're good with your flasks and recognizing what kind of damage monsters will do.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Excellent advice. I will enjoy this build greatly!
Ok I am gonna build a char and do this. Any tips for leveling/gear choices etc or like which way to go in the tree first?
Last edited by jackimusprime on Aug 26, 2015, 9:02:00 AM
"
jackimusprime wrote:
Ok I am gonna build a char and do this. Any tips for leveling/gear choices etc or like which way to go in the tree first?

Level whichever way you want.

I would use either 2H cyclone or maybe firestorm/flame totem. Depends on what gear you have.

Do not attempt to level your char unless you already have the Mjolner, at a minimum. You'll be useless without one.

Without a Romira's you'll have to play dual arc Mjolner, and of course the whole build doesn't work with kingsguard unless you have Voll's Devotion.

Just make sure you have the necessary stats to use Mjolner at the level it becomes available. Take stat nodes if necessary.

The game now provides a copious amount of respec points, so you can afford to drop a few nodes into 2H damage, or even spec into RT until you deem it time to go for accuracy and spell crit.

If you mention how you would like to level, I could generate a few sample trees.

A few notes:
1) This build can be played easily with Templar, Marauder, Scion, Witch, or Duelist. You can always respec an unused high level character of one of these classes.
2) My skill tree currently is a little different than the one seen here; I've found a few optimizations.
I'll post these changes in the next couple days once I hit level 92.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
well I bought everything I needed last night except a helm and belt so I am all set there. decided to just try and level with facebreakers for now
Updated with level 92 stats, gear, tree, small review vid.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Do I need a Volls for this build? Or would I be ok without running one until I can get it?
"
Phizeek wrote:
Do I need a Volls for this build? Or would I be ok without running one until I can get it?

You should be OK; you can also Resolute Technique until you have a Volls. Here's the key differences if you don't have a Volls:

If still using Crit:
1) A trigger attack crit will remove your power charges, making discharge unable to trigger.
2) An arc crit will remove your charges, making you unable to discharge.
3) Your surgeon's flasks will still refill.

If using RT:
1) Discharge and arc will trigger consistently and rapidly.
2) You won't be able to make effective use of surgeon's flasks.

With Voll's, the power charges lost from critting and discharges are 'caught' as endurance charges, which generate more DPS and defense.

In either case, you won't be able to use Kingsguard or CWDT Immortal Call. I would recommend running Lightning Coil, and hence using the life leech gem.

You're not going to be as tanky or do as much DPS without a Volls and the mechanics it enables.

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info