[2.4] zSavage's Life Based Crit Mjolner ('Savagenuke') [Juggernaut]

Great ! Because I want to go in spite of fate and try this build in 2.5.
oie matey... don't worry i'm not forcing my Scion to mjolner build =D

my question is that i have repentance gloves... so what would be the best gems to put in the Mjolner?

Discharge + Fire Pen. + Ball or Arc Lightning

or can go straight Discharge + Fire Pen. + Conc. Effect

(sorry if i ask a lot of questions, bcoz i just wanted this LIFE-BASED build since i first played this game last August but can't due to the EXALTS needed for the build... and also, i don't like those trendy meta builds)

so far i have already secure these items...

*Gems, Romira and Repentance are just self-found... and just ignore the inserted gems
You may want to put your idea on hold. Mjolner may not survive patch 2.5 :(

They're upping the internal cooldown, as of the patch notes earlier today, from 0.1s to 0.25s. This means that instead of being able to proc 10 discharges/s, we will now only be able to proc 4 discharges/s.

This is a 60% less damage nerf.

Don't go crazy until we get a final word. I'm going to be testing once the patch goes live, but I don't have many expectations with that significant of a nerf.

Hold your items and wait for it to be buffed again :(
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
You may want to put your idea on hold. Mjolner may not survive patch 2.5 :(

They're upping the internal cooldown, as of the patch notes earlier today, from 0.1s to 0.25s. This means that instead of being able to proc 10 discharges/s, we will now only be able to proc 4 discharges/s.

This is a 60% less damage nerf.

Don't go crazy until we get a final word. I'm going to be testing once the patch goes live, but I don't have many expectations with that significant of a nerf.

Hold your items and wait for it to be buffed again :(

oh okay... no problem with me though. i'll just keep the items, and thanks for the info =D
Anything new on the build status? Is it playable?
"
Worldbringer wrote:
Anything new on the build status? Is it playable?

I got a response from the devs in the feedback forum. Here is what Qarl said:

"
Qarl wrote:
The cooldown changes were primarily driven by performance concerns. The change intended was vs the rate of hitting. It was not aimed at Discharge.

We realise these uniques are not in the right place after these changes were made. The balance team (a combination of specific designers and QA) was under a reasonable pressure to pick a right answer for 2.5.0 in a short period of time. (For those looking to blame someone, feel free to assign it to me for putting undue time constraints on the balance team.)

From here, we may make changes to these uniques in upcoming leagues, or changes related to the mechanics around them. I am not sure exactly when this will occur but it's likely to be in the first half of 2017.

However, rebalancing every unique that is associated with a specific build is not something we want to do every three months. While we do make sufficient assessments ahead of time, we can't fully assess what a league's meta-game will look like. (And if we could it would likely mean we haven't made the game interesting enough.) Some item-centric builds will wax and wane with other changes. In some cases we may make the wrong call on changes to specific items.

We will not be making any changes to these cooldowns or related values within Breach league.

For Discharge specifically, we'd most like to see its primary use as a self-cast skill. We likely won't make any changes in this direction until 3.0.0.

The build lost 60% DPS and 60% healing. It's really not worthwhile given the amount of investment in the current state of the game.

While it makes me sad to see Mjolner die, hopefully it can be resurrected in 3.0.

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Thank you for the response... I hope so too... And can now here that my marauder in breach is gonna be used for something else then Mjølner :-(

But none the less... i liked your guide. Hope there is more to come some day.

- Worldbringer
"
Worldbringer wrote:
Thank you for the response... I hope so too... And can now here that my marauder in breach is gonna be used for something else then Mjølner :-(

But none the less... i liked your guide. Hope there is more to come some day.

- Worldbringer

I'm working on some pretty cool stuff atm (I've got a firestorm chieftain going that is pretty darn tanky and strong. I'll probably be posting a brief guide on that once I hit 90. Then I'm probably going to go into some blade flurry shenanigans with The Perfect Form chest on a new character.)
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Helo m8. Haven't tested Your Jugg setup, tho hold ya guns before trashing Mjo gear. I'm runnin RT Life Berserk and it still do da job quite well. I based on Rico's life Mjolner build, check it out.

Since I can still face-tank uber Izaro and t12 Abaxton, I wouldn't say Mjokner is rip in 2.5. I would say ES chars kinda wins here huh. But heck, it's my no1 setup ever. Man in-game experience when I actually see this "Eye of the Storm" ;) it become more like state of mind rather than seek of end-game tho.

I have too little gameplay and still missin maps lol. Obviously I'm also missin free time ^^ when I'll back to game full-track, I'll farm t14+ and I'll let Ya'll know how it's going.

Take care Brothers.

Peace
Seeing is believing
Using this build right now (with some changes ofc, but it is still the same). It works fine. I don't think it's dead at all, just not so OP.

1st of all - it's not realy 60% less dmg. Cause of cd increased u can have much less attack speed, so u can put it in other stats, so each single discharge will deal more dmg.
2nd point - u should take power charge nodes now. Cause of increasedcd (again) u can easy have 5 power charges. It's VERY rare when i have less then 4 power charges at the moment of proc, and 5 power charges is very common. So more charges used, more crit chance from charges and again - each single discharge deals more dmg.

Ofc this will not give u 60% dmg back but it will give u back some.

Next thing comes from this - fire penetration gem is not so good now, cause ur lightning smg is close to fire (5 power and 6 endurance charges from tree). So u better use dischrge - conc. eff. - increased AOE (i have 2 mjolners on 2nd i have fire pen. instead of increased AOE and i'm using it on fat bosses). It will give more dmg.

Cleaning speed is awesome - up to T15 maps with normal mods (map doesn't have all mods that fucks ur dmg, only some of them) i use molten strike only on boss and some rare mobs. Everything else dies when i pass by with my shield charge. Boss fight takes longer now, but heal is still realy good - i have 135-140 elem res, so on elem weakness maps my res is much lower then 75% (smg around 40). Still can facetank breach lords and bosses on elem. weak. + Vulnerability maps.

So it's not dead, just not so good imho
Last edited by agarwean on Jan 4, 2017, 12:26:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info