[2.4] zSavage's Life Based Crit Mjolner ('Savagenuke') [Juggernaut]

Hi everyone.

Tried this build during the prerandus softcore league (wanted to try a mjolner build since forever) and thought I had doubt about my ability to get a voll's devotion quickly, if at all, I am now enjoying myself like never before in PoE (but my cpu is crying...a lot...)

So, before anything else, thanks a lot zSavage for this detailed guide.

Reached 86 yesterday, and decided to try killing atziri for the challenges, first, and because the last time i saw her was before awakening (during rampage I think).
Well....let's say that doing it right after a level up was a good idea...and that I need a lot of practice for that particular fight (but I did kill her).

Since I still have some sacrifice set, I plan to go back and kill her some more time, but I would like some advice before that :

During split phase, I tried to target the clone the farthest from the mirror clone, but got wrecked by the reflected damage. Then tried to remove arc, since it was jumping like crazy between the clones, but still got wrecked by the reflected discharge damage. Then tried while removing light pen, herald of thunder and blasphemy+ele weakness, and adding purity of lightning. Managed to survive like that (while under topaz effect), but my damage took a very heavy hit.

If someone has any tips or advice or see anything that I'm doing wrong, please tell me.

Have fun.
Last edited by Atori on Apr 3, 2016, 1:53:39 PM
The safest option that doesn't drop too much DPS is going to be to pull out arc for Conc Effect in the Atziri fight. Not only does it reduce the discharge AoE, it also helps make up for the loss of a spell for damage output.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Solid guide bud!
But I have a question, do you think it would be worth to lose the Critical Multiplier nodes over Elemental Overload?
"
kidZ wrote:
Solid guide bud!
But I have a question, do you think it would be worth to lose the Critical Multiplier nodes over Elemental Overload?

For this build, no. There's a chart for whether EO is worthwhile, and this build's crit chance and multi put it well within the region where having crit multi is superior.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
The safest option that doesn't drop too much DPS is going to be to pull out arc for Conc Effect in the Atziri fight. Not only does it reduce the discharge AoE, it also helps make up for the loss of a spell for damage output.

WoW, must have toggled full retard mode during the week end to completly forget about Conc Effect...I mean, it's not like I have a leveled one in one of my stash tab where I put what I think may come in handy later...yeah, certainly not like that...

Thanks for the answer, and sorry for what was a dumb question. T^T
felt like this post was inappropriate.
Last edited by Penguian on Apr 13, 2016, 3:42:42 AM
I am using this build and its doing well.

I have a 5 linked kingsguard. Do You Think Life gained on hit will make any noticable difference on the build? I am thinking about buying a 6l for that reason.

I also notice You dont have any lgoh on jewels.

tbh Life drops fast at times and kingsguard alone seems not able to handle it perfectly.

tyvm
Last edited by Rampe1974 on Apr 13, 2016, 8:47:52 AM
Having a 6L and adding LGoH can do something. I'm not sure how noticable it will be, though a 20/20 LGoH is 54 life per hit, which is quite a fair amount considering the amount of attack speed and projectiles the build has.

To test you can swap out fortify in your 5L for LGoH and see how it works; just make sure to keep fortify up with your movement skill(s) in this case.

Remember, it's also rather difficult to roll RRRRGG on kingsguard (estimated ~210 chromes with vorici calculator).
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Hey Savage! Just thought I would pop in and say that I have greatly enjoyed playing Crit Mjolner following your guide this league (PSC) I had a bit of good farming and got an uncorrupted Voll's Devotion for 16.5ex before their price starting going up. Cheapest uncorrupted are 18-20ex now.

Some backstory: I have long sought after Mjolner since I started playing the game a couple years ago. When I started it was expensive though. Since recently they have been cheap as hell, I have been playing many Mjolner builds made by others and myself. Thus far I have enjoyed "SavageNuke" the most as its damage and aoe is most comparable to Fakener that is brutally strong right now. I have played the Low Life Rainbownuke this league as well and even though it is fun, it seemed far too underwhelming for the investment.

Cheers for the great build guide!
-Vision
"
Hey Savage! Just thought I would pop in and say that I have greatly enjoyed playing Crit Mjolner following your guide this league (PSC) I had a bit of good farming and got an uncorrupted Voll's Devotion for 16.5ex before their price starting going up. Cheapest uncorrupted are 18-20ex now.

Some backstory: I have long sought after Mjolner since I started playing the game a couple years ago. When I started it was expensive though. Since recently they have been cheap as hell, I have been playing many Mjolner builds made by others and myself. Thus far I have enjoyed "SavageNuke" the most as its damage and aoe is most comparable to Fakener that is brutally strong right now. I have played the Low Life Rainbownuke this league as well and even though it is fun, it seemed far too underwhelming for the investment.

Cheers for the great build guide!
-Vision

Glad to hear you're enjoying the build! I'll probably quote a part of this and put it into the vouch section!

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info