Someone Stole My Drainpipes

That is some weird shit, they came on to my property at 5.30am, ripped two of my drainpipes off the side of the house, and were gone by the time I was dressed and outside.

I can certainly understand not being very afraid of being chased by an old fat dude, we're not exactly fast, but that is still some pretty brazen shit.

Now I get the fun job of convincing my wife that they are not coming back (which I am not entirely sure of, they missed 2 drain pipes).
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
the question is, are you from the USA?
and if so, do you have a Shotgun, and a sign like this:

Spoiler
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 7, 2015, 2:57:32 PM
Shit like that happens in NZ? Amazing
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
johnKeys wrote:
the question is, are you from the USA?
and if so, do you have a Shotgun, and a sign like this:

Spoiler

Ha :) Might be time to invest in a sign.

But, as JG points out, I am in NZ and we're not allowed to have loaded weapons casually lying around within arms reach. Last dude who shot someone on his property got arrested and charged, can't remember if he was acquitted or not.

I suppose it's my fault for being so daring as to have copper down pipes from my gutters.

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Did you think dressing yourself would scare them away?

I mean, that could work, i suppose.

Did you do it in front of an open window while giving them the "stinky eye"?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
The only time I parade around half naked is when my wife is in a bathing suit. People tend to laugh less when you have a really hot woman half your age hanging off your arm.

I suppose I could have waddled outside in my glorious nakedness, but I still might have gotten charged with murder if the 'perps' had died laughing.

"
The only time I parade around half naked is when my wife is in a bathing suit. People tend to laugh less when you have a really hot woman half your age hanging off your arm.

I suppose I could have waddled outside in my glorious nakedness, but I still might have gotten charged with murder if the 'perps' had died laughing.

LOL AND High Five on the wife situation. (From one old, portly fellow to another). ;)
well yeah, if it's copper some gits going to steal it...even if the prices have went down over the last year or so it's still pretty valuable...and i would expect a return visit if they manage to sell the first lot.

You may be able to get them caught though, but it depends on where they are offloading it and if the scrapyards use the same idea as they have in the UK.

Over here scrap sales are logged, including name and number plate of the vehicle an address/place of business...if it was like that then police would have an easy time of finding it
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Maybe you could leave a few empty beer bottles by the window to throw at them?
I've learned the hard way (a few times, bit of a slow learner) that confrontation with scumbag criminals is not usually a good way to enjoy continuing health.

I've replaced my security lights, put some stronger fittings on my remaining 2 down pipes, and arranged to have the missing ones and the leftover coppers replaced in a couple of days.

In the meantime I'll stay up for the next few nights and see if I can get a license plate number if they come back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info