New laptop for work/gaming

Hi guys, i will go short i'm gonna buy a new laptop around €700 - €800 i would like it to be powerful enough but also to have a good cooling system something too much neglected on the caracteristics. In term of screen i would like to get something around 13" (to put on an external screen) or 15" max.

I have looked at the Asus Republic of Gamer series which looks nice but once again i have no idea about the temperatures, is it something around 60° or 80° while playing ?

Do you have any ideas about a good one with a good management of the temperatures ?

Thanks

PS : I buy a laptop because i need it, so please save me the "Heretic you play on a laptop" ! :p
📜My hideout thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2542497
Last edited by Synopsis on Aug 7, 2015, 11:22:58 AM
I'm using an MSI GE60 at the moment, it works pretty well for anything you want it to do. Temperature wise its not too bad, the only downside (and you'll find this with pretty much any "gaming" laptop) is that the turbo fan it uses sounds like a goddamn lawn mower.

It'll happily sit around 80 degrees while running Witcher 3 on High @ 1366x768 (yeah, I know, I know - but it gets a little choppy if I go higher).
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
I have a cyberpowerpc fangbook III hx6-100 gaming laptop
i7-4710m 2.5 to 3.5ghz 16gb gskill dr3-1333 latency matched ram
hm87 express chipset, 10/100/100 integrated network
GeForce 860m x 4gb/ram video
ADATA SATA 3 6.0gbs 256g 540/290 ssd

backlit gaming keyboard/1920x1080 15.6" screen
kickstand elevation for cooling and onboard turbo cooling fan

I use my computer for folding medical computations at folding@home and accumulate 60, points a day and when I press f1 while playing poe I get around 63fps. so it keeps up well with any game I throw at it.

cyberpowerpc has their own forums but I don't think they ship international but the folks in the forums there are customers, not salesmen and would be more than happy to show you appropriate builds for your needs. its what they love to do.

I paid 1,000 us dollars for my system. in march
Last edited by rediornot on Aug 7, 2015, 2:21:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info