Pierce

Post your 0.9.3 feedback for this support here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a support.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2016, 9:22:26 PM
Bah! Too much effort to fix!

Anyway, how about that there Pierce support gem?
Balance & Design
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
"
BlastMonkey wrote:
Linking pierce with raise spectre does not seem to have an effect despite the skill description stating "minions have x% increased chance of projectiles piercing".
This is correct - it doesn't seem to have an effect. It does actually have an effect, but your client doesn't know that so you won't see it unless you manage to notice the other monsters behind the one hit taking damage.
It's a known issue with serisalising stats. e're hoping to be able to do this soon, but for now it only works on the server.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Xulfer wrote:
I've combined my Lesser Multiple Projectiles gem with my lightning arrow, causing 3 lightning arrows to be fired.

Now, my understanding of lightning arrow is that it hits and causes damage to nearby mobs. So, if the arrow splits into 3 and hits 3 mobs that are close enough for the AoE, I believe that each arrow should cause AoE damage to the nearby mobs.

I've tested this briefly and the damage does not appear to stack up like this. Please can anyone confirm if they experience the same and if so, is this intended?
Each arrow can hit something only once. Each explosion can hit something only once. An explosion can't hit the final target of it's arrow (the one it exploded on).
However, if two enemies are close enough together, and both are hit by arrows from the same lightning arrow shot, each can be caught in the explosion of the other, as well as taking the damage from the arrow that hit them.
Also, even with just one arrow it's possible to have it pierce through enemy A (arrow damages A), and this can cause an explosion hitting enemy B, behind him (explosion damages B). Then because the arrow pierced A, it will travel through and hit B (arrow damages B), causing an explosion that can hit A (explosion damages A).
In that case the one arrow hit each of them with an arrow hit and an explosion in total, but each arrow hit and each explosion only hit one at a time.
If a projectile hits something, it does one of two things:
1) Explodes. This means the projectile is no longer there. When an arrow 'explodes' it visually sticks into the target, but that's mechanically the same case. It's no longer there.
2) Passes though. This is piercing, forking or chaining.

This is the case for all projectiles, but some do different things in each case.

For example, Fireball deals AoE damage when it explodes, because it's the actual explosion of the projectile that dealt the AoE damage. So if it pierces it'll just hit that target for damage, but no AoE because it didn't explode.

Lightning Arrow does a (limited) AoE around the arrow every time it hits something, rather than where it explodes, as the AoE is an effect generated by the arrow hitting things, not it actually exploding like fireball. Because this applies when it hits, it will apply when passing through enemies.

Some projectiles have effects on hit, some when they explode. They are balanced accordingly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info