TUTORIAL - How to play Path of Exile on LINUX

Thanks for this. I did this a month ago and had to do all kinds of searching for a nice simple guide. Unfortunately, installing working AMD drivers on Linux Mint 14 has caused me enough problems to just give up.
Will this differ at all on Fedora?
"
Inkarnit wrote:
Will this differ at all on Fedora?

It is different yes. But the biggest part of the job is to get PlayOnLinux installed. And for fedora there are many tutorials you could find, and there is one tutorial from the PlayonLinux website itself.

Now, I don't want to say anything stupid, but if I remember on Fedora you can simply
sudo yum install playonlinux

But I'm not 100% sure.

EDIT : You can also install PlayOnLinux within the app center.
Last edited by Kuwshi on Mar 14, 2013, 2:01:44 PM
Hello, I am sorry for seen translated English which I speak French, My problem it is that at the moment or the load of games finished I throw(launch) and puts his me his:
http://sta.sh/0oi30gfu164
You would have a solution please? Thank you

Sorry for the link
"
KalROFL wrote:
Works for me, but my framerate is not great (at max settings I get a consistent 30fps, which is about half what I get in Windows). Running Linux Mint with Mate.

I got the same issue.
Alienware M17x Laptop with HD 6990M, 12GB RAM, i7 2670QM.
Tried it in Ubuntu 13.04 with 13.3 Beta Drivers and also on Archlinux with 13.3 Beta Drivers.
With Windows i got constant 60fps running max details (Antialiasing Level 3 which is the max PoE shows me on Windows)
Somehow PoE shows me on Linux Antialiasing Level 1 to 8.
I tried turning VSync off, AA off and even Postprocessing Off.

But still getting a max of 15 fps, and often dropping down to 3-5 fps.

I guess its just another game AMD doesnt like on linux
hey guys, i just dropped in to tell you, that need to disable compiz / composite rendering in ur linux distros to have best gaming perfomance.

you could also use a lightweight desktop like xubuntu or lubuntu provide and u will have good gaming performance.

have a look here and see how you can install / compile the liquorix kernel, which is made for gaming:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2136818&p=12609055#post12609055

also google for: ubuntu performance tweaks, etc.
can i play it on my smart phone ?
Instead of a WINE wrapper, why not just grab VirtualBox ( the one directly from the Oracle site ), and get a free copy of Windows 7 Ultimate from digitalriver?

BAM, you don't have to struggle with the degraded performance of half-assed library interfaces.

The graphics drivers for Linux generally suck nuts, and will lead to poor performance.
errr FREE COPY of windows 7 ultimate? wtf??? i gonna check this out! can u explain?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info