[2.2 Updated] Nuclear Dawn - Vaal Molten Shell -1.45M TOTAL AOE DPS, 75% CHAOS - Witch/Templar/Scion

"
2) Why do you use Spell Echo with Vaal Molten Shell?

Essentially it gets you 2 layers of Vaal Molten Shell. The explosions overlap and cannot be clearly seen, but the damage change is clearly noticeable

How sure are you of this? Spell echoing does not create 2 buff icons and you don't get double the armor either (same with spell echoing other buffs like Vaal Discipline, you don't get double the ES).
"
xiaozozo wrote:
would totally support this if it was aziri capable, the amount of dmg is insane!

I can run Atziri just fine, it's just not worth it to promote a 20 or 60Ex build saying it can do Atziri, because 10c builds accomplish as much.

I swap blood magic on the gloves to another VMS to charge it and switch iAOE with concentrated effect.

Also swap the Sacrificial Harvest jewels before pulling her for

to get additional duration. If you don't want to you can get the self-cursing gloves and curse yourself with temporal chains, and you'll have some 80 seconds to do her (on each gem). The fight should last way less. I will post a video when I can. Double vaals and trio are right click to win. The only annoyance is clearing trash with incinerate, but they don't even scratch you.

Edit: Added full Atziri run video :)
Last edited by fer662 on Aug 26, 2015, 11:29:08 PM
"
aimlessgun wrote:
"
2) Why do you use Spell Echo with Vaal Molten Shell?

Essentially it gets you 2 layers of Vaal Molten Shell. The explosions overlap and cannot be clearly seen, but the damage change is clearly noticeable

How sure are you of this? Spell echoing does not create 2 buff icons and you don't get double the armor either (same with spell echoing other buffs like Vaal Discipline, you don't get double the ES).

I'm 100% sure, I'm not the first person to use this or claim it. The damage difference is terribly obvious. Here's some backup data
Last edited by fer662 on Aug 26, 2015, 12:16:24 PM
i must admit i had a little let down when i was dying in 72 maps.but once i get used to it oh man this is so much fun.clearing maps in 2-3 min and i just cant stop myself i dont even loot anymore hah.
"
uurE wrote:
i must admit i had a little let down when i was dying in 72 maps.but once i get used to it oh man this is so much fun.clearing maps in 2-3 min and i just cant stop myself i dont even loot anymore hah.

The key to looting is having a filter that really works and does all the thinking for you. Some of the filters most people use shared by streamers suck real bad. When my filter highlights something I don't have to think whether it's useful or not. I just loot it. It shows up big enough so I don't lose time targeting. I'll post it tonight.
Just wanted to mention that far from my initial thought, I now find it simpler to do Atziri on this char than on my mjolner build. I can get up to 40 seconds on VMS duration so I can get her done with only 2 VMS gems, one if she doesn't go into healing phase. The other 2 bosses are trivial with concentrated effect socketed. I dropped some spell damage nodes that I was getting on the witch start and got the increased life and chaos resist hub (I'm missing one of them). I'm at 4600 life, still at lvl 93.
"
fer662 wrote:

1) Why don't you use Spell Echo with incinerate? Wouldn't that give you a lot more cast speed than Faster Casting?

Yes, it would. Sadly, it's not just cast speed we need, we need each cast to cost mana, since that is what drives our Vaal Molten Shell explosions per second. With spell echo, we'd only get half as much explosions as our cast speed, because only the first cast spends mana. Most other builds didn't figure this out, so their DPS calculations are completely screwed.

This is pretty interesting statement. Are you sure that "echo" effect from this gem actually works with incinerate when it is being channelled? Do you have anything to back this statement up?

I believe echo effect doesn't work. Just more cast speed does.
"
Diphal wrote:
"
fer662 wrote:

1) Why don't you use Spell Echo with incinerate? Wouldn't that give you a lot more cast speed than Faster Casting?

Yes, it would. Sadly, it's not just cast speed we need, we need each cast to cost mana, since that is what drives our Vaal Molten Shell explosions per second. With spell echo, we'd only get half as much explosions as our cast speed, because only the first cast spends mana. Most other builds didn't figure this out, so their DPS calculations are completely screwed.

This is pretty interesting statement. Are you sure that "echo" effect from this gem actually works with incinerate when it is being channelled? Do you have anything to back this statement up?

This question is about spell echo in incinerate, not on VMS. Spell echo will make you spend mana every 2 casts, and spending mana is what triggers the self damage and therefore the explosions. I don't understand why you might think that incinerate would make this any different.
"
fer662 wrote:
"
Diphal wrote:
"
fer662 wrote:

This question is about spell echo in incinerate, not on VMS. Spell echo will make you spend mana every 2 casts, and spending mana is what triggers the self damage and therefore the explosions. I don't understand why you might think that incinerate would make this any different.

I was talking exactly about interaction of Spell Echo and Incinerate because I didnt know that Echo works with it... I knew that more cast cast speed does, but not echo.
It works, the difference is obvious on the cast speed :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info