What bosses can you not do?

"
Char1983 wrote:
EDIT: What is wrong with the new Poorjoys?

poorjoys remains the same, but with the damage boosts and without the benefit of ondar's guile (now its crappy ass "arrow dancing") it will be awhile before i attempt it again.

that map already wrecked many builds because of its massive damage and constant intake from the crazy amount of titty bitches all over the place.
evasive builds wrecked poorjoys however, having a nearly complete nullification of all those damage from the titty bitches by having at least 95% evasion (and usually dodge and block on top of it). the new AA will make it slightly easier tho, if you're running it.
Desert boss is way too annoying for the map level and the rewards. He should be lv 78, not lv 68.
"
Bars wrote:

At Perq (assuming you have a build with decent tankability/dps output):
- Jungle Valley - it's a stat check. You need either extremely high DPS or excellent phys damage tankability + chaos resist.
- Museum - as Jungle Valley but easier
- Labyrinth - if you don't give the boss corpses to devour, he doesn't use the EK attack which one-hits and doesn't heal. Devourers can be kited. Tricky but doable with some practice.
- Orchard - easy to kite with ranged, with some practice he shouldn't be able to touch you at all. With melee, only cyclone kiting and it's more difficult. Or extremely high phys/fire damage mitigation (arctic armour / fortify / end charges / LC + high hitpoint pool)
- Torture Chamber - distract totems, bait the laser and hide behind column (20 seconds cooldown), attack with single target skill to not kill the adds which cast storm call on death
- Desert - stupid map
- Temple - purity of lightning, 2-3 topaz flasks, movement -single Piety is easy, double is tricky but doable
- Any Merveil map - purity of ice, 2-3 sapphire flasks with surgeon's or "recharges when you take a critical" mode

I haven't said that I never did any of those bosses. : P I said that these bosses are mostly build-specific. Torture Chamber is simply not worth the risk, it sure is doable, but risk of ripping on that boss (one stupid error) is easy. You don't want to do that on a high level character or HC. (at least I don't). This applies to all of these bosses to lower or higher degree, and this is why I included them on the list.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
ACGIFT wrote:
"
Graveyard mervil is harder then 77 mervil

Very true; Necropolis Merveil is pretty easy, though still a FUN boss.

To compensate for not having her second form, (which is really easier than the first to anyone who has a graphics card) instead in Graveyard she gets...

• A much tinier arena, leaving little room to avoid things.
  • Possibly MORE mobs in her room. (I might be wrong, but it's at least comparable
  • She seems to deal more damage.
  • Her life bar is longer.

It feels like in trying to balance the two they really overshot the target; and this is given that Graveyard Merveil is 5 levels lower, and STILL has more life and damage.

and what seems like 100% chance to freeze with everything.
Hey...is this thing on?
Tormented Temptress in Whakawairua Tuahu is a nightmare. Finally managed to kill it today though.
So far the only ones I couldn't beat were Jungle Valley boss and Torture Chamber's.
My gear is somewhat garbage and I've just never really bothered with Torture Chamber's boss... like I attempted it once and said fuck it.
I haven't done a map over 76 yet though
From what I've seen for now Residence boss is the only one i can't kill. Never seen a map higher than 77 though
"
grepman wrote:
why lie to prove your point ?

WTF?

Dude, gtf out of my face, and grow up.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
why lie to prove your point ?

WTF?

Dude, gtf out of my face, and grow up.

I lolled :).

Was 1.1 sec for sure! :^)

that life on that char though :-O

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Mikekowa wrote:
How is everyone having such a hard time with Malformation Piety?

I can understand if her spawn is bugged, just don't fight her then, because it's about 300% harder.

But if she spawns normally, in the middle of the room? You don't need any fancy movement spells or crazy reaction time.. just run close to her when she does her beam and run around her so you don't get hit. This boss is just methodical movement, but it's not hard at all.

If you don't understand the problem with malformation i really doubt you have done her at all. She is bugged, horribly overtuned and just a plain bad encounter where movement has very little to do with overcoming it. It's an encounter where you truly just throw a coin in the air and hope it lands well.

And yes i can kill her, with my LL RF incinerator, that has 50k dps with a pot. So i will kill her in a few seconds. In hardcore, or if you have xp to lose, this boss is just not worth your time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info