What bosses can you not do?

The better question is which boss I am more willing to do.

I am more reluctant to challenge harder bosses now when I am playing a melee char, there are just way too many things that cN go wrong regardless of how tanky I think my chat is.

See the problem is the risk vs reward on some bosses is close to non, I would be more incline yo try harder bosses if the +2 map drop is guaranteed.

So far:
Pit boss = skip due to stupid turkeys

Quarry boss = skipped because I wasn't comfortable enough to even try it with my chaos resist at the time.

Brutus/Kole = one shot is real on this one

Arachnid map boss = say no to the crit puncture.

Widow bosses = i tend to skip them on the early maps due to the chaos dmg or ek. But they are fine in later maps.

Dom: not worth the risk imo

Maps I usually skip: Maps like tunnel, arsenal or maps that are usually a pain in the ass to clear.
that asshole boss in the labyrinth.

it has EK that fire rapidly like a shotgun and it brings me to about 10-20% of my remaining ES in a single shot (im CI with 7k energy shield)

So I tank one of those and run like mad, hopefully get a good hit off on him. Then he spawns devourers and i kill those. Then he eats the devourers and regenerates any of the damage I traded with him and he's full hp again.

It's an endless cycle of despair T_T
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Only "Boss" I can't defeat is myself, in the Hall of Grandmasters map. I've tried it like 532 times, but it always ends in an hours long stalemate. All other content is ezpz.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
Last edited by Wadjet on Aug 6, 2015, 4:38:01 PM
Malformation is just retarded

Village Ruin, I can but it's too risky.

Labyrinth boss, just can't with my PA build.

I'm sure I can't do the 80+ bosses too on the new maps that I can't get.

That's about it I think.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
Did a nasty mod 79 Village Ruin today.

Kite doge away, take him to low health.
Go kill turkey.
Laugh at loot.
Go back to doge.
Get 6 ECs up.
Get Granite up.
Augment with a 100% iron skin ruby.
Be on bleed immunity.
Have fortify on hit.
Engage.
And lose 7k hp instantly.
Laugh at loot again.

Of course, I should have just cheesed it, as melee, with a ranged culling strike.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 6, 2015, 7:34:51 PM
I did not knew it enraged. Was cheesing the chiken with flame totems for 5minutes to get that eventual map upgrade. LOL

I died twice in a row costing me 20% xp from 90 to 91 against maze boss last week. Had extra dmg boss dmg and temporal chain. Couldn't dodge his lazer, almost osing me, couldn't flask it either.

Else what can I say, with 25K dps per totem not taking into account fire pen and 14K armor 7K hp, I casually kill ALMOST any roll anywhere without a sweat atm in league.

(atm the tricky thing is seeing the bosses, throwing chaos at rng god and getting lemons for it mainly)
Last edited by galuf on Aug 6, 2015, 7:40:45 PM
"
POE202 wrote:
The better question is which boss I am more willing to do.

Definitely true. I am at softcore level 97, which means "Death -> 10x78 maps to get back to where I was". So it is purely a risk/reward thing, and the boss rewards tend to suck.

For solo-ing, I have chosen a different solution (still in trials but looks promising), as I do not want to miss out on +2 maps (especially not with with 79+ maps).

1) Clear the map all the way to the boss, put a TP down (works only in maps), log off
2) Bring in a specially designed Cast on Death toon (modified from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/770195)
3) take the TP, run up to the boss. BOOM!
4) Repeat if necessary (for tough or multistage bosses) until boss is dead
5) Log off, bring back the main toon and gather the loot.

Oneshotting? Do it to them before they do it to you.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Aug 7, 2015, 5:46:02 AM
"
AntonChigur wrote:
Malformation is just retarded

Village Ruin, I can but it's too risky.

Labyrinth boss, just can't with my PA build.

Any Malformation Double Boss kill videos out there?

For Labyrinth you need to shoot the PA near the boss without hitting him and stay undetected, if just the DOT damages him, he will not move and does nothing.
I was able to do Double Brittle Emperor in Wastelands pretty easily, but Double Excavation crew made me work for the kill aka 5 deaths.
Of those i've tried so far: double graveyard boss on speed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info