Faster Projectiles

Someone tried it with Spectral Throw? It causes to improve the range of the ability, it's really great to play with.
Once I used Faster Projectiles and Faster Attacks with Frenzy. Now that I rebuilt my ranger I have to choose in between one of these 2 support gems. FA seems to make better DPS at least on paper and onto the tooltips. But if I understand PoE correctly this DPS really is just through speed. Each Arow doesn't do more damage alone. FP does increase this damage which should be better for armor piercing at enemies imho. THe PoE Armor system works better against weaker incomming damage so high speed projectiles may not that great compared do maybe slower ones that have higher damage per projectile.
I guess this is a case for pro theory crafters. I would prefer raw damage over pure attack speed, better for saving mana too.
The damage added by Faster Projectiles is pretty tiny. A whopping 10-20% Increased Damage? That's like two passives, or one Notable. Whatever.

Faster Attacks is a DPS gem, Faster Projectiles is utility.
Trying to understand the relationship with Faster Projectiles and Spectral Throw. I have noticed when Spectral Throw is supported by Faster Projectiles, the projectiles travel much further (they travel all the way to the edge of the screen instead of ½ way).

It makes sense why this would be happening, but the tool tip says nothing about this. Would this mean if I were to use Slower Projectile support gem with Spectral Throw, that my projectiles would travel less distance?

If there are additional effects demonstrated during game play that are not accounted for on the tool tips for a particular gem, wouldn't that be a bit misleading to those who may choose to use them for a particular reason?
"
Flexmeister wrote:
Trying to understand the relationship with Faster Projectiles and Spectral Throw. I have noticed when Spectral Throw is supported by Faster Projectiles, the projectiles travel much further (they travel all the way to the edge of the screen instead of ½ way).

It makes sense why this would be happening, but the tool tip says nothing about this. Would this mean if I were to use Slower Projectile support gem with Spectral Throw, that my projectiles would travel less distance?

If there are additional effects demonstrated during game play that are not accounted for on the tool tips for a particular gem, wouldn't that be a bit misleading to those who may choose to use them for a particular reason?
every projectile has a limited time span. if you increase the speed while keeping time the same, you increased the distance. think of miles per hour. increase the rate but keep the time the same, and you have more miles in same hour.
Faster Projectiles needs to be renamed to 'Projectile Range.' Here are the reasons why:

Since PoE does not take place in outer-space, the behavior of 'Faster Projectiles' (affecting projectile range, not the actual attack speed) does not work in a way as its name implies because the speed of projectiles remains the same with OR without Faster Projectiles supporting an Attack Skill Gem.

The more force you put behind a pulled arrow attached to a bowstring, or the more force put into a spell, the faster it's going to travel, and the further it's going to go, not the other way around...

Since the current state of 'Faster Projectiles' does not comply with the above stated, per se, the basic laws of motion, that is why the Support Gem needs to be renamed and/or needs attack speed attached for it to make sense.
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Apr 27, 2014, 5:10:13 PM
Does the %increased projectile damage work the same as the projectile damage from the skill tree in regards to increasing the damage done by puncture bleed?
IGN: DatInternet
It uses exactly the same wording -> it is exactly the same modifier.
It may be the same modifier but that shouldn't necessarily mean that it applies to the bleed damage since it may apply only to the attack itself.
IGN: DatInternet
Except, that is exactly what it means. It's exactly the same modifier - there is no way it works differently. 10% Increased Projectile Damage is 10% Increased Projectile Damage. No more, no less. Source is completely irrelevant.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info