[2.0] Mysterise's 'Demon King' Leech Tank | HC | Face-tanks insane maps + bosses

Nice build! It would be interesting to make it run on mana so that you can add a couple of auras; I am thinking to determination for more tankiness or hatred for full damage and herald of ash).
Players gonna play play play, GGG gonna nerf nerf nerf
Jeez all these people just shitting on this build.... Although it does remind me of havoc's old "Supertank" hellions paw dualwield character.
"
Jeh wrote:
first of all conc effect on 1h cyclone? must have dumpster aoe and therefore bad clear speed? you're using jack the axe in a leeching build? it reduces your life leeched per second by 50%? lastly, jack the axe kinda has shitty dps, why not get a good axe with two high prefixes and high attack speed and then craft bleeding on it with vagan?

I would change to sword and use reave and forget about the stupid leech and just go regen since leech is dumpster atm

/E saw that you were using blood magic also.. 7k hp that seems low for a 87 char.. looks like you're spending way too many points picking up "useless" leech and fortify nodes when you can be taking life/armor/block nodes
Did you actually read the thread?

He pretty clearly made a build based around a couple of specific themes, and you basically told him to change every one of them. Maybe you should look for the thread titled generic-build-x.

I won't pretend to guess your clear speed, your tooltip cyclone is clearly very low. However, that's also clearly not the point of the build. Not many builds can safely clear a poorjoys without risk of death, so if it achieves that goal, more power to you!
The concept is nice, but obviously cyclone itself help a lot. Have you tried with other melee skills?

Maybe worth experimenting if you can afford it: if 6L drop BM and use the BM gem, equip Alpha Howl and you can use grace + hatred for extra defence and offence. you would need some extra mana/mana regen on gear to cast other things probably.
"
knac84 wrote:
The concept is nice, but obviously cyclone itself help a lot. Have you tried with other melee skills?

Maybe worth experimenting if you can afford it: if 6L drop BM and use the BM gem, equip Alpha Howl and you can use grace + hatred for extra defence and offence. you would need some extra mana/mana regen on gear to cast other things probably.

Just let me hop on down to the Alpha Howl store and pick me up a couple of those. You want any Lightning Coils while I'm there?

He noted why he doesn't use added fire, hatred will have the same outcome, no leeching. This game isn't about who has the fastest clear speed/most dps all the time, sometimes you can have fun too.
"
Pathological wrote:
"
Jeh wrote:
first of all conc effect on 1h cyclone? must have dumpster aoe and therefore bad clear speed? you're using jack the axe in a leeching build? it reduces your life leeched per second by 50%? lastly, jack the axe kinda has shitty dps, why not get a good axe with two high prefixes and high attack speed and then craft bleeding on it with vagan?

I would change to sword and use reave and forget about the stupid leech and just go regen since leech is dumpster atm

/E saw that you were using blood magic also.. 7k hp that seems low for a 87 char.. looks like you're spending way too many points picking up "useless" leech and fortify nodes when you can be taking life/armor/block nodes
Did you actually read the thread?

He pretty clearly made a build based around a couple of specific themes, and you basically told him to change every one of them. Maybe you should look for the thread titled generic-build-x.

I won't pretend to guess your clear speed, your tooltip cyclone is clearly very low. However, that's also clearly not the point of the build. Not many builds can safely clear a poorjoys without risk of death, so if it achieves that goal, more power to you!

the core of the build was bloodlust and I told you that you can craft it with VAGAN level 7 instead of using some dumpster unique. For science I just ran poorjoy's(with seething tempest, the 100% increased fire dmg one) on my ice crash BLEED/BLOODLUST build and absolutely dumpstered it. Given that im also 91 but I could be doing docks with the same difficulty. My point is that his defense are easily achievable with more life/endurance charges/block/more armor. By then he could upgrade his damage and that's why I suggested sword cuz then he could reave and still get full bonus from bloodlust, instead of being stuck with ice crash on an axe.

Just by changing the axe with a rare he could up he clear speed by a lot and still contain the "uniqueness" of his build
Last edited by Jeh on Aug 4, 2015, 12:52:23 PM
The problem with getting a rare axe with better stats.. It's going to run you a few EX vs a fuse for a unique axe.
"
Kurokawa wrote:
The problem with getting a rare axe with better stats.. It's going to run you a few EX vs a fuse for a unique axe.

got a 300 dps siege axe at the beginning of the league for 25c when jack's were still around 15-20c

look for good deals, 1h isn't very popular and he can STILL use a sword if he can't get a good axe, all it needs is a prefix open
"
Jeh wrote:
"
Kurokawa wrote:

got a 300 dps siege axe at the beginning of the league for 25c when jack's were still around 15-20c

look for good deals, 1h isn't very popular and he can STILL use a sword if he can't get a good axe, all it needs is a prefix open

surprised you didnt throw in the word 'dumpster' somewhere into this post
What other skills can I use instead of cyclone? I find it boring as hell

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info