Support Builds?

Sooo yeah I need a little help trying to make up a build who purely wishes to help others succeed because that's the kind of person I am and I feel like if I can make a character like this it would be really organic for me to play.

Any suggestions? Any advice would be gratefully appreciated :) <3
You can play a "culler" its the one who have the most magic find and item quantity in the group and can make the last hit on all monsters.

Good groups already share theyre buffs/auras.
Last edited by BigNerrik on Aug 3, 2015, 10:30:08 PM
Aura batteries are still viable, you can't have 10+ auras active anymore though. Still, giving everybody all three dps auras + haste is pretty good, especially with the recent change to aura effect and line-of-sight (you now benefit even if you're in a different room). Just take all the aura nodes you can in the tree and you're golden.

Conduit charge batteries are also very helpful to many (though it's not as universally useful as auras are). It doesn't take too much effort to keep everybody at max charges at all time though so it's usually rolled in with other support builds.

Curse builds don't work. Unfortunately, the fact that curse-on-hit setups are an endgame staple means everybody's setups are going to overwrite each others' setups and the strongest or most useful curses will just get blanked by some guy's corrupted level 11 curse-on-hit gloves with 0% increased curse effect. If you're building specifically for another player they're still really powerful, but the problem with pickup teams is that everybodys' curses actively conflict with each others' causing the curses to overall perform worse than in solo play.

Elemental Equilibrium is another setup that works wonderfully for specific duo teams, but doesn't work at all in pickup teams. This time it's because players often rely on damage auras as part of their build so you often find your attacks dealing all three types of damage.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
gilrad wrote:
Aura batteries are still viable, you can't have 10+ auras active anymore though. Still, giving everybody all three dps auras + haste is pretty good, especially with the recent change to aura effect and line-of-sight (you now benefit even if you're in a different room). Just take all the aura nodes you can in the tree and you're golden.

Conduit charge batteries are also very helpful to many (though it's not as universally useful as auras are). It doesn't take too much effort to keep everybody at max charges at all time though so it's usually rolled in with other support builds.

Curse builds don't work. Unfortunately, the fact that curse-on-hit setups are an endgame staple means everybody's setups are going to overwrite each others' setups and the strongest or most useful curses will just get blanked by some guy's corrupted level 11 curse-on-hit gloves with 0% increased curse effect. If you're building specifically for another player they're still really powerful, but the problem with pickup teams is that everybodys' curses actively conflict with each others' causing the curses to overall perform worse than in solo play.

Elemental Equilibrium is another setup that works wonderfully for specific duo teams, but doesn't work at all in pickup teams. This time it's because players often rely on damage auras as part of their build so you often find your attacks dealing all three types of damage.

Thank you so much for this, now I know not to worry too much about curses. I was only really thinking about getting Elemental Weakness and Vulnerability so I could adapt to each group I'm in.

What about healing with Vitality and Rejuvenation totem?
in a good group you don't need this, because every monster dying so f***ing fast and you are the idiot whos casting healtotems

go for culling, thats the best support you can make in this (end)game ;)
Last edited by BigNerrik on Aug 3, 2015, 11:10:47 PM
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Culling_Strike + aoe spell of your choice + magic/quantity find items

Edit: the really hard bosses like uber Atziri normally getting killed solo. (no support desired)
Last edited by BigNerrik on Aug 3, 2015, 11:29:45 PM
I was in a daily rotation with a guy who had a bunch of auras reserved on blood magic(he had 4 hp unreserved). When near him, my DPS literally tripled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info