[2.0] Windripper Prototype

Build Tree:
End Game Tree

Tree At The Moment
Potential End
I Don't think its worth the points to get the shadow PC. MoA 1% life regen is just QoL, negligible but whatever.

Gear:
DPS Version

MF Version

Not sure if this is even viable.

Thoughts

Darreso's Defiance is BiS for chest... going to get a 5L one soon. Southpaw may be an alternative to Maligaro's/Sadima's, we could use golem/cull/iiq/iir for bosses that cannot be frozen but probably not worth it. I need a better rolled Maligaros anyways. 9FC, 4PC, 3EC.

Gem Links:
Core Links
Herald of Thunder + Herald of Ice + Curse on Hit + Assasin's Mark
Summon Ice Golem + BM + Blood Rage + Enhance
Wrath
CWDT + IC + Inc Dur + Vaal Haste

Maybe not use enhance for bloodrage, it's only 4% ias. Probably better to do 3link and then have wrath on its own socket.

DPS Version
Split Arrow + BM + Chain + WED + LL + add LDMG
Frenzy + BM + WED + FA + LL + add LDMG

MF Version
Split Arrow + BM + Chain + WED + LL + IIQ/IIR
Frenzy + BM + WED + FA + LL + IIQ/IIR

Bandits:
N:Oak
C:Kill/Krait
M:Krait
Last edited by MentalStasis on Oct 19, 2015, 8:50:33 PM
Added Lightning is the true king on SA 6th link.

Doing a Windripper build atm on Warbands, with a MF setup (40/270 - 13k Split w/ no charges) and DPS setup (28k w/ no charges).

Difference between a 18/20 Crit Multi and a 20 Added Lightning is around 3-4k DPS on 70% crit chance.

No legacy since Warbands.
Hahah, well played sir.

With that many Frenzy charges - have you tried Surgebinders? Although Southbound is very attractive with the high life, would need something like a separate PA to help kill bosses you can't freeze once you get them down to zero health.

Also using as many Static Electricity would give you very solid DPS increases.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 4, 2015, 1:12:06 AM
the mf windripper style sounds great, but...but...how? lmao
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Hahah, well played sir.

With that many Frenzy charges - have you tried Surgebinders? Although Southbound is very attractive with the high life, would need something like a separate PA to help kill bosses you can't freeze once you get them down to zero health.

This! Static Electricity is giving me 1-92 on my current setup.

Personally I would use Maligaro's and a rare necklace. Victario's sound nice and all (specially the part when you don't have to frenzy to keep frenzy charges up), but you will get mostly proj speed, and 20% proj damage... which is far inferior to a nice rare with high WED/crit multi.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Hahah, well played sir.

Surge binders, although wonderful. Do not work well with my +1 Darkray Vectors (which I neglected to link), I'd have to grab inc dur nodes to ensure that it lasted some length.
I was theory crafting and I thought maybe let the golem cull it or something along those lines.
Static Electricity is very beneficial but I'm not yet at that point of jewel niching the build.

"
alexvsevil wrote:
the mf windripper style sounds great, but...but...how? lmao

I dunno, it just works. I haven't tested it out and I honestly didn't even expect this thread to be noticed.

"
daemmon wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
Hahah, well played sir.

This! Static Electricity is giving me 1-92 on my current setup.

Personally I would use Maligaro's and a rare necklace. Victario's sound nice and all (specially the part when you don't have to frenzy to keep frenzy charges up), but you will get mostly proj speed, and 20% proj damage... which is far inferior to a nice rare with high WED/crit multi.
Well my darkray REALLY cuts down on the length of my frenzy charges and I do believe that the defense, ms and MORE dmg is very beneficial for the slight trade off. The selection of Victario's Acuity is to enable me to not have to worry about generating frenzy charges while clearing out trash but with blood rage it should be sufficient? Yeah a rare WED HP Crit is most likely superior.
Last edited by MentalStasis on Aug 4, 2015, 7:29:27 PM
"
MentalStasis wrote:
but with blood rage it should be sufficient? Yeah a rare WED HP Crit is most likely superior.

You really shouldn't use BR with Vaal Pact. It's very uncomfortable. Just use Frenzy/BM/LL/WED + FA/AddedLightning for single target. Just throw a Frenzy per pack and you're set, or do like I do and just don't even keep Frenzy charges on trash mobs and use it for single target.
-snip-
Last edited by MentalStasis on Aug 9, 2015, 9:36:24 PM
Tree is broken
"
BALRIM wrote:
Tree is broken

updated

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info