100% of my friends have quit PoE

All right, I'm mostly a loner and I just had one good friend in game that I used to map with. He seemed as excited as I was about the Awakening release but he decided not to play Warbands because it didn't offer any league drops he cared about. I went to warbands and we'd chat from time to time while playing solo. Then about a week or so after release we were talking about the new expansion and he said he was disappointed at the map drops and buffed up bosses. He didn't say he was quitting but I haven't seen him online in well over a week.

How many friends has anyone else lost since Awakening went live? Quite a few I'd guess but I hope not 100% for anyone.
Well at first it was just me and 2 other guys, then some of my other friends who play mostly csgo and league heard we were playing PoE so they installed it and now there are 9 of us playing pretty regularly.

So our goon squad is now too big to fit in a single party, which gets annoying at times. Guess I have the opposite problem from you.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
You should look into joining a guild, lots of diehards in some groups

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/guild-recruitment-seeking-players
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Aug 3, 2015, 5:00:48 PM
Friends? What's that?

My friends all quit POE about two years ago. I don't think The Awakening would have made them stay (or leave). I think there were a lot of people who started playing POE when The Awakening released, and if they quit, it could just be due to game overall and not so much the expansion. It isn't for everyone (ARPGs in general).

Sorry your friends quit. Maybe you'll connect with others in this thread.
- Rose

Perandus, Hardcore, Standard, and Races
Solo - Self-Found, since Jan 2013
I don't have any personal friends that play PoE, but instead I joined a guild that is apart of another gaming community, and it's a real big guild with a lot of people in it that are very active. This is teh best way to play PoE I think. We have a huge guild stash with items from all level ranges in it, and everything else you could possibly want. If everyone in a guild works together and is friendly then it makes PoE so much more accessible and fun to play.
"
TheWretch wrote:
You should look into joining a guild, lots of diehards in some groups

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/guild-recruitment-seeking-players

Thanks, that's not a bad idea. Maybe I'll try that again. I actually was in two different guilds before Awakening came out. One was started by a new guy who disappeared shortly after forming leaving me and one other guy lol. So I eventually left that one to join a big guild but that one was so big it was like being a member of the general population and guild chat was as bad as general. Maybe if I find something between those extremes it would be pretty cool.
Quite the opposite. I was playing with 2 friends during the last 3 leagues. Now we are 6-7 guys playing together and we love it =)
Wish I had friends.

<sniff>
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Wish I had friends.

<sniff>

I'll be your friend Shags.
We've come a long time from HGL, Sacred, etc.

Hell man, I even got Knucklehead on my friends list on steam.
To date I've gotten two real life friends to play PoE, with little success. One of them came back for the expansion and is more hooked than I am, which is saying a lot.

My regular friends list and guildy list is booming harder than is has in months too, I've seen very little negative feedback on the xpac outside of the forums really.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info