PoE and beer

akin to the smoke thread...

I liked to drink my beer while playing LoL and listening to heavy metal. certainly some of the most fun times of my life, especially the times I had caught the flow of the game and could rack up win after win, whatever champ, whatever build. to combine that with alcohol is an experience really sucking you in

gotta have to say I played LoL 90% during evenings/nights drinking my usually 4 cans per night.

now that LoL is dead because of Riot's idiotic choices which culminated in the HUD update from hell, that is unfortunately gone

PoE doesn't really stimulate me to drink beer in the same way as LoL at all, while I get in the flow after a few hours of e.g grinding sometimes, it's really not the same urgent excitement and reward cycle. with PoE, it's pretty much the same thing whether I play it sober or tipsy, morning or night. PoE goes better with youtube videos too, since - let's face it - most of it is monotonous work more than actually playing a game. not that the rewarding moments wouldn't be there here and there, but really it's a completely different thing

your experiences?
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Aug 3, 2015, 12:02:14 PM
lol ?
We now need a "PoE and pot" thread.

Or would that be against the rules? Damn.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
I also play poe and drink, but don't have any plans on stopping drinking atm. Quitting smoking is a big enough challenge for now. I don't think the game triggers me to drink as much as it does to smoke. I usually get cravings after maps or doing malachai runs. I generally drink while playing whereas I have to go outside to smoke so that's probably part of it.
I play PoE and drink and smoke too!!! sometimes leave the game to take a shower... sometime.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
I was about 6 beers in when I made it to Daresso for the first time on my brand new Warbands character. That didn't go well. Fortunately my sober (albeit very high) buddy was able to carry me through that fight and we made it to Piety despite my constant dying. By now I was about 7-8 beers in and completely incapable of avoiding her bleed lightning lazer of doom. I recall getting angry because "No matter where I stand in the room she one shots me." Fortunately my sober (albeit very high) buddy was able to carry me through that fight and we made it to Malachai despite my constant dying. By now I figured it was time to stop drinking and together with the power of corpse hopping we made it to Cruel.

Now you might be saying "that sounds like a horrible experience," but I can assure you it was some of the best fun I'd had in weeks.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
if you can't drink while playing, you are doing it wrong...

Roll a Blood_Magic_Dual_Flame_Totem, just put move only to mouse 1, totems on m2,curse on m3, pickup on m4 and finally seething hp pot on m5.. then just drink and bbc monsters.. :D
d:-D*
"
voodoojin wrote:
lol ?

didn't think I would have to spell it out (really, it's (or rather was, I hope) the most played game in the world), league of legends
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
I recommend playing a Cold Snap build while drinking Sam Adams Cold Snap

Or playing a Fireball build while drinking Fireball

Always make sure you have a DD socketed :)
I need a signature to look legit
"
Bars wrote:
We now need a "PoE and pot" thread.

Or would that be against the rules? Damn.

Seconded. No I don't think it is. We can talk about pot, just not make overt references on how to obtain or consume it. Should be fine.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info