Anybody else have lucky characters?

Seems like some of my characters get drops and the others just don't. And I don't think it's a MF thing because I've never taken care to dress my lucky characters with special MF gear. My first character on Warbands was so unlucky it seemed. Horrible gear drops but he probably made up for it with currency drops that we're ok.

But the new character I made last week is completely different. He got a tabula rasa drop at level 3 from Hailrake, and another in Merveil's caverns at 58. Last tabula drop I had previously was near the beginning of Torment league when I first started playing PoE.

This character has also found an exalt, a divine and a good amount of chaos orbs as well. I put him on divination card farming duty in Fellshrine wtih a whopping 14% quantity from the Sadima's Touch gloves and over the weekend he's found one exalt, a full set of 7 The Union cards and 3/6 Celestial Justicars. It's like his luck is completely independent of my usual bad luck!

On top of that, I have to keep killing him repeatedly so he doesn't out level Fellshrine and start getting drop penalties. You'd think abusing him like that would be the unluckiest thing in the world but it doesn't seem to hurt a bit.

Any others see this kind of difference between their characters?
No such thing as luck. It is RNG.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Two thoughts.

1. "Better" characters kill faster making it appear that they have better luck by killing faster thereby "forcing" RNG to be better by shear number of kills.

2. RNG is somehow tied to the Character's name (conspiracy theorist).

My first Warbands character was melee and didnt kill too quickly, and never really found anything.

Second was a Kinetic Blast Wander with nice AOE capabilities and can kill 10X faster, seems luckier.
No such thing as lucky characters? YEAH RIGHT.

My Ranger is a luck box of currency. Every time I log into her I can be assured that I will find 2+ chaos orbs per map. Just yesterday I found an exalted orb on her 3 seconds within logging in, from the first mob I killed in a dried lake instance while helping my friend level up for maps.

My witch on the other hand? Well suffice it to say... she is not lucky.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
"
No such thing as luck. It is RNG.

You contradict yourself. Luck is exactly what the RNG is all about.
Got a fishing rod and an exalt drop in under an hour leveling a character
I made a Ranger named I_have_Victory. She has found two alpha howls, two rats nest, a drillneck and stop counting the exalts drops after I surpassed five. I think she also got a sixlink drop. When ever I was having no luck with my IIR char I would just go back to Victory for a bit and get better drops. My tinfoil hat is ready boys.
"ran out of high teir maps to leave on the ground - people kept taking the higher teirs" - Da Pagionator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T31clJn_oNQ
"
I made a Ranger named I_have_Victory. She has found two alpha howls, two rats nest, a drillneck and stop counting the exalts drops after I surpassed five. I think she also got a sixlink drop. When ever I was having no luck with my IIR char I would just go back to Victory for a bit and get better drops. My tinfoil hat is ready boys.

Question to you, OP, or anyone who wants to answer really:

If you play for an average amount of time (however long your average play session is when you sit down) and have bad luck with drops, what kind of drops would you expect during your next play session of the same length?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info