I still think map drops are fine - boost drops and good players can do 79++ all day long

There has been a lot of crying from unlucky people, and/or people that don't know how to roll maps. I've been farming a decent amount in 2.0 and i have never had the issues they claim.

Either i am just extremely lucky, or they don't know what they are doing/unlucky for a bit then make a complain post with a small sample size.

I've been doing maps in the way lately that i first roll then run all 75 until i run out, then i run all 76 until i run out, and today it was time to run all 77 maps. For 77'ers i start chiselings, then chaos till decent and then corrupt(unless a very good roll).

I was 95, lacking i think around 40-45% xp to ding and i had 31 77 maps. Now i have dinged and i still have 13 left. That means i have lost a total of 18 77 maps in this process. I naturally didn't just run 18 maps, unless you think that will get you half a level on 95.

Now what did i gain? I have linked only the higher maps in the spoiler:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Number of 78 maps: 15
Number of 79 maps: 1
Number of 80 maps: 2

In total: 18

That is the same number of 77 maps that i had lost.

I keep having people say it's bullshit, how i'm wrong or that maps don't drop. Either i am just extremely lucky in several hundred maps straight... or they just don't know how to roll maps, and don't do things such as rolling 3 magic packs on all strongboxes, have too weak builds that can't handle corrupted random maps etc.

I keep saying droprates are fine and i keep having no problems, in fact my map pool has never been as enormous as it is now in 2.0. I'm not cherry picking results either, everyday i evidence to myself that i have no issues running maps.

Many an alteration, vaal and chaos orb has been consumed today, and i buy those regularly, but in total far less value than than i earned. Here a picture of some of the surplus stuff from today.

Spoiler

On top of that i also gained a good bit of fragments from corrupted bosses, leading to atziri sets and more exalts from those drops.

Here(link) i am trying to describe roughly how i roll maps.

UPDATED:

I Believe end map balance is right and that you can run 76, 77 and 78 maps most of the time, but to get it rolling you really need a map pool - to help players get that and to protect them from rng fluctuations i got some suggestions plus some general suggestions gathered from this thread.

Zana dailies increased 1 level. I believe dailies are set too low, but before they were too good.
Zana maps sold increased 1 level. Running constant 75-76+ maps is easy as hell, it won't hurt anyone if people can buy 75 maps here at level 8.
Reduce Zana Rep required for her levels. To grant faster access to dailies and map purchases which can help players get a map pool.
Improve map drops from exiles and rares. I don't need to eleborate, rarely happens, champions all the way, some balance between them would be nice.
Further increase drop rates in 74 maps and below. A good healthy boost to help people build map base. The real endgame is in 76+, it won't hurt end mapping as you do not want to run 74 maps if you are optimizing.
Improve some higher-end map tilesets like springs and volcano. Some of them are just plain tiny, others have really bad monster density.
There could maybe be room to increase drop rates a little bit overall There is a little room for improvement, but be careful because a big boost would break the system.

Here is another suggestion to consider, from ScrotieMcB:
2 maps of same base vendor to map of +1 level (instead of needing 3 of same).
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 11, 2015, 11:26:11 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
They are absolutely NOT okay.

Content should be GATED by difficulty NOT RNG, Watch everyone quote this post.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
You mean.. watch all those that don't know how to roll maps spew the same nonsense?

A lot of which are the ones who you could find doing blue 78's in public before 2.0.. others roll decent rares but don't really math it out and don't think too much about strongboxes.

Looking forward.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 3, 2015, 3:17:54 AM
"
"

"
"

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Last edited by Fire_Kid on Aug 3, 2015, 3:23:33 AM
They still can't boost map drop rates to your levels, because you don't optimize map rolling people. Then those who know better can do higher maps than before = even faster 100.

The only way you can feel satisfied in the way you want without suffcient map rolling skills, is that they boost the rates so high that you can still failroll and get to more or less maintain the highest maps.

Maybe they could boost them 5-10% but then ill be doing 77-78 all day i think, and among those even dips into 80+ = much easier than before.

Last edited by Crackmonster on Aug 3, 2015, 3:30:32 AM
You didn't really present any useful information, other than a brag post.

What average and minimum quantity did you roll? How many maps bricked?

And if you gained that much loot from today, I'd say you used RMT. Cause... You've made 15 regrets, over 100 fuses, etc etc and apparently in a day. Bullcrap.
I did present useful information, here's a bit more.

Decent roll.. I'd say its some packsize + at least around 60 additional quant from just the affixes, or 30% packsize and some quant.. A very good roll would be around 30% packsize and some 70-100% quant. As a general guideline. Also magic packs are always good and count for some packsize.
"

@OP: do you really chalk all the complaint threads and bad map drops many people are having to them not knowing how to chisel and alch maps? You're getting lucky. That's great, but it simply doesn't reflect on how well the mapping system is actually working for most players.

Personally, I spent a lot of time doing exactly what you describe in your original post - chiseling, alching, and chaosing to get good rolls. Yet I had a lot of trouble maintaining 76 maps. Now I just chisel and trans/alt, because those yellow maps were sometimes rippy and I wasn't getting any reward for the risk I was taking. Ironically, I've been having more luck with that - less quantity is giving me more map drops. Does that mean secretly lower iiq increases map drops? No (although that would be funny), it just means I'm having a good streak. Because a single person's experience does not a statistical trend make.

I've still only seen two level 79s, and they dropped when I was partying. Unsurprisingly, the enraged boar boss 1-shot me in the Village Ruin (my friend's idea to fight the bosses, not mine), so the exp I got from them was wasted anyway. Never seen any maps higher than that, and I've been running plenty since 2.0.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Aug 3, 2015, 3:44:52 AM
i always laugh when people that happened to be lucky claim that there is 'skill' involved, the same people rage when they cannot complete Infernal Set from lottery boxes

when will people stop pretending that random involves skill?

you were lucky, some were not. and seeing how rng works in 'phases' (ever dropped 8 chaos in a map? or several maps one by one? and then had a dry streak for hours? that btw looks like a faulty coding..) you might not experience the same lucky run for days now. or you just might. it is random, no-skill involved process

btw - it makes NO mathematical sense to run maps in any particular order, each map has its own potential that is not affected by such 'strategies' as 'run XX first, then YY second etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info