Poe and cigarettes

So, I have played poe since open beta. I have also had my good friend the cigarette at my side during my entire gaming experience. I am a cancer survivor and decided I needed to part ways with smoking once and for all. Today is day 1 without smokes. Does anyone else find gami.g a trigger for smoking? How did you cope with this? Anyone else in the community trying to quit right now?
Best of luck quitting... it's really really hard. It's the hardest thing you'll ever do. Surviving cancer is easy by comparison.

Take up scuba. You can't smoke underwater.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Aug 2, 2015, 2:19:38 PM
I never understood what smoking is doing for people. can't see any appeal whatsoever
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
LMTR14 wrote:
I never understood what smoking is doing for people. can't see any appeal whatsoever

People who smoke say the same thing about their senses of smell and taste.
I quit smoking February of last year. I was a two pack a day smoker. I started vaping instead. Its better than smoking.
7 months ago I converted to vaping. I am slowly cutting down the strength and managed to also cut down the amount going from 18ml every 2 weeks to 18ml a month to 18ml every 2 months

it is slow but it is working for me. I wish you luck in quiting I hope you find a better way than I have but at least it works for me
Hypnosis works, atleast it did for me and I was a 2 and a half+ pack a day smoker. Walked out of the session like someone flipped a switch, been 9 years without a cig. I even picked one up in anger shortly after the session and it tasted so horrible I don't think I could ever pick smoking back up again.

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I never understood this. Hardcore gamers from my experience either tend to:

A: smoke or eat a lot while gaming
B: forget to eat&drink (may lead to frequent dizziness due to water shortage).

If I just knew why some people are A and some are B... I'm type B. One of my friends is a real A. You can tell by his weight how much he has been gaming lately...
OP -- I know what you mean about the triggering, especially in such a game as this. You have to wield it to your advantage.. Like it's frusterating...but all the clicking you are able to vent the frustration ha.

Personally I smoked half my life so knew it was time.. I cheat occasionally (1 pack vs. 6 months) cause as a smoker, I know theyre good but.. get over the pentacle and the fight is easy. And POE can be your best friend or worse enemy. I owe much to POE for it's support ;D

Goodluck, and also like the above poster suggested ... I never tried vaping but I hear it helps a lot.. and def not as unhealthy since vape has no tar?
it can be clever to find new triggers, triggers for a new life without cigarettes. Even if the price is stoping playing poe/games for other activities/other games.
Last edited by The__Answer on Aug 2, 2015, 4:19:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info