[2.2] The Fireborn - Oro's Sacrifice Multipurpose Full Fire Marauder

Hi this is a build i have made using Oro's Sacrifice. It can use multiple skills such as cyclone, sweep, ice crash, flicker strike and other's, for this guide I will be showing mostly cyclone as that is the skill I prefer and feel is most useful. I have used this build in both hardcore and standard league's.

Here is a video I recorded of an Atziri run so you can have something to gauge the damage against other build's with similiar video's. Link:https://youtu.be/tYDhyOdZ5LQ

For people unfamiliar with Oro's Sacrifice or Fireborn Jewel I have posted my current one's below

Skill Tree's

I first made this build as a templar but a marauder is the ideal class especially if attempting on hardcore. There are 2 versions depending on if u have a level 3 enlighten or not.

Build 3 Hybrid Evasion/Armour With Life Leech in Tree

Ascendancy's

Marauder

Juggernaut - Unstoppable - Unrelenting
Berserker - Crave The Slaughter - Rite of Rain - Pain Reaver
Chieftan - Hinekor, Death's Fury - Ramako, Sun's Light

Templar

Duelist

Champion - Fortitude - Inspirational
Slayer - Endless Hunger - Headsman

Gearing Information

Aura's

With a level 2 enlighten you will be able to run Grace, Arctic Armour and Anger if you have specced in to the Sovereignty and Champion of the cause cluster's and not require an alpha's howl.
With an Alpha's Howl you will be able to run all three aura's without a level 2 enlighten or Champion of the Cause node.
With an Alpha's Howl, Level 3 Enlighten and Conquerer's Efficiency Jewel you will be able to drop the Sovereignty node and just have Champion of the cause whilst reserving exactly 100% of your mana. This will require blood magic for all skils.
Iron Reflexes is not required if you want hybrid Evasion/Armour.

Body Armour

I currently use a lighting coil for obvious reason's such as high mitigation with easy chroming of colour's i need generally
Standard league player's can jump straight in to a Tabula Rasa and still have reasonable defenses until a better chest option is obtained.
A hardcore character will require a rare chest to make maintaining resist's easier which will make other item's more available. The extra armour is another bonus and you can wear either a pure strength or strength/dexterity chest without much hassle. Being able to master craft or obtain an item with dexterity/intelligence is a very helpful option early on.
End game chest option's are very open, Kaom's Heart, Lightning Coil, Carcass Jack, Belly of the beast or a Rare 5/6L Chest are some of the easy choices with this build.
When using a Rare chest I linked Flicker Strike with fortify/Endurance Charge on Melee Stun and Stun gem.

Jewelry

All jewelry should have a 30+ weapon elemental roll in end game if possible.
Aim for Weapon Elemental Damage over flat Fire Damage or decent roll's of both
A cheap belt option for extra tankiness is the Dyadian Dawn Heavy Belt, it has good defenses and .6% life leech against chilled enemies. This is only effective while Arctic Armour is running.

Boots

I currently use an average pair of rare boots just to maintain resists/life/armour/stat's so I don't have many drama's in higher content.
Ideal corruption will alway's be +1 Frenzy Charges for your boot's.
Blood Dance Boots and Darkray Vector's are both possibilities that can have good synergy with this build, especially when corrupted with +1 Frenzy Charge.

Gloves

These are the gloves I wear which are not perfect but decent enough for high level content.
I would look for gloves with 1 good resist and top life as a start with either an extra resist or attack speed as craftable option's.
my perfect gloves for DPS would have top LIFE/FIRE DMG (with another ele dmamage prefix) with 2 top resists and attack speed for suffix.
There are not many good unique glove option's currently but you can use aurseize or sadima's touch without much hassle for lower content.

Helmet

Alpha's Howl is the best option if you want to maintain 3 aura's.
There arn't any desirable corruption's and almost any roll will do.
Devoto's Devotion Unique helmet for speed farming is very good if you give up an aura like arctic armour

Jewels

I currently run 5 jewels in total, 2 Unique and 3 rare.
You will need The Fireborn Jewel and Conqueror's Efficiency jewel for the final version of this build. Other unique jewel's for vaal soul's etc can be used where needed also.
My current rare jewel's are not very good but I will list some of the best suited mod's in my opinion. Aim for life % and 2 damage mod's or life/dmg/ and a resist or stat point you might require.
Best Rare jewel mod's
Fire Damage (has highest % damage so is first choice), Area Damage, Melee Damage, Increased Damage, Attack Speed/Attack Speed with Swords or Two Hand Melee Weapon's, and lastly Life %
As for corrupted jewel's the only desirable mod really is "(3 to 7)% increased Endurance, Frenzy and Power Charge Duration"

End Game Requirements Are:
Oro's Sacrifice Infernal Sword
Alpha's Howl Sinner Tricorne
Level 3 Enlighten Gem
5 Link chest or weapon recommended
Fireborn Jewel

Conqueror's Efficiency Jewel

Below is a screenshot of how the fireborn jewel interacts with the tree and it's placement.

Bandit Reward's/Levelling Info

I used flame totem to level with since it is easy to use and doesn't require much gear. It also suit's the end game build since I will be allocating some of the fire/elemental nodes for flame totem anyway. Simply go for ancestral bond and you won't need any other totem node's just whatever elemental node's will suit your transition later on. Avoid taking the melee node's in the duelist area until the very end when you are ready to transition build's and have the fireborn jewel.
Another option is to use normal physical melee but this will require a little more gear and and not be as safe as flame totem. It won't require much respeccing either so whatever suit's your play style is fine. Grab the easy Physical damage node's within 3 or 4 point's of the main build such as the Butchery node at Marauder starting area.
For both build's I would plan to switch at around level 70-75 for standard and possibly a bit later for HC (75-80)
Bandit Information

Hardcore
Normal - Help Oak (+LIFE), Kill Alira and Kraityn
Cruel - Kill all and take skill point
Merciless - Help Oak (+1 Endurance Charge), Killa Alira and Kraityn
Killing all 3 for the skill point is also viable if you want more flexiblity.

Standard
Normal - Kill All and take skill point (Helping Oak is viable if you want more life)
Cruel - Kill all and take skill point
Merciless - Help Kraityn (+1 Frenzy Charges), Kill Alira and Oak
Helping Oak or killing all 3 are both viable depending on your need's

My Gear

Here is a full setup of my current gear and link's. I use item rarity for easier maps and conc effect for harder content (some small thing's like curses etc I change up every so often)

This is My Weapon Swap for movement speed and tankiness if needed for checking dangerous room's and opening boxes.
Spoiler

General Offensive/Defensive Stat's

8.1k life with Kaom’s Heart
6.7k life with rare chest

Armour - 11926 (54% Reduction) with Grace
437.2 Life Regen p/s

78% reduction with 6 Endurance Charges
534.4 life Regen p/s with 6 Endurance Charges

Armour with unmodified granite - 18646
65% reduction - unmodified granite no charges
89%reduction with 6 charges - unmodified granite

OFFENSES (These number's are based off a monster with 0% fire res and are estimate's only)
These number's are with Herald of Ash and Anger with the 6 link setup of:
Concentrated Effect - Blood Magic - Life Leech - Weapon Elemental Damage and Fire Penetration along with Cyclone

23663.5 - Tooltip
32k - With Fire Penetration

30205.7 - Tooltip with 4 Frenzy Charges
41k - With Fire Penetration

33578.2 - Tooltip with 4 Frenzy Charges and Blood Rage
45.5k - With Fire Penetration

The number below are if i choose to run faster attacks instead of life leech as my 6th link

29785 - Tooltip
40.5k - With Fire Penetration

37056.9 - Tooltip with 4 Frenzy Charges
50.3k - With Fire Penetration

40526.6 - Tooltip with 4 Frenzy Charges and Blood Rage
55.1k - With Fire Penetration
IGN - @Smokntumbleweed ~ Streaming @ twitch.tv/smokintumbleweed
Ignite Vortex Build Guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1735563
Brain Rattler 100% Fire Build Guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1757390
My Loot Filter located @ bit.ly/poefilter
Last edited by SmokinTumbleWeed on Mar 13, 2016, 3:55:36 PM
Last bumped on Mar 24, 2017, 3:54:54 AM
you get the 2h phys in the duelist area but oros has no phys man
Read fireborn gem.
Hey I have updated the general build information section with a screenshot showing how fireborn convert's the physical/weapon node's to benefit me as pure fire.
"
Eww wrote:
you get the 2h phys in the duelist area but oros has no phys man

Ignite Vortex Build Guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1735563
Brain Rattler 100% Fire Build Guide - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1757390
nice build
1)
have you tried the new emberwake ring with this build (+the taming for insane dps boost due to ignite stacks)? you hit and ignite a lot so it would seem to benefit this build?

2)
secondly, have you tried a dual curse setup with flammability + elemental weakness? it would seem to be an insane dps increase.

3)
thirdly, why do you use blood rage? the 4% life regen you loose is a lot, especially with high health! shouldn't oros by itself provide enough ignitions (maybe combined with emberwake) to always keep you at maximum charges?

4)
lastly i still don't get why you use herald of ash. it does not add tootlip dps because you don't deal physical damage and it does not add that much more aoe clear because cyclone hits are small but fast, so the overkill dmg ist small compared to big hitting skills. personally i would rather go for grace + determination for very good phys protection. i.e. ditch alpahs howl for a good rare (life + res) and drop the aura nodes for more passive points.

edit:
to further elaborate point 1:
chance to ignite: 10% (oros), 10% passive tree (all nearby in templar area), 5% (emberwake), 5% (the taming), 49% chance to ignite == 79% chance to ignite. (cyclone + faster attacks + life leech + weapon elemental damage + blood magic + chance to ignite)

i don't know your attack speed, but i would assume you will roughly hit 3 to 4 times a second, i.e. you get approximately 3 ignites per second on a target. with a 4 second burn duration (i.e. no daydian dawn belt!) you will get 12 ignites, i.e. 120% increased damage from the taming which is more than ~70% from two rare rings.
keep in mind that the taming gives 30% and emberwake up to 25% in addition to the ignite bonuses, i.e. the total damage of both unique rings is 175% increased fire damage after 3 seconds ignite rampup.

the downside is that this setup is much more expensive and needs to ramp up (full damage after 3 seconds). however things that boost attack speed like vaal haste would make this more insane.

edit 2:

addendum: the main problem with the setup is that you don't have space for fire penetration, or you have to use blood magic from the passive tree. while this gives you quite a bit of a life boost, you can't use any auras. (on the other hand you could then combine clear mind with crown of eyes for another 60% increased damage, although this is probably not optimal, crown of eyes is a bad item in this build)

the best setup is probably:
cyclone + weapon elemental damage + chance to ignite + life leech + blood magic + fire penetration, i.e. drop faster attacks.

edit 3:
to add to ignite stacks you could add a lvl 1 codt with a low level q20 molten shell with chance to ignite and increased aoe ==> ~100% chance to ignite in a fairly good radius.

edit 4:
my proposed build:

build

all in all the taming + emberwake is probably a bit too expensive for the gains. the damage is probably good enough and you can always add in conc for bosses (instead of chance to ignite with taming/emberwake). also atziri can't be ignited :(
Last edited by tesb on Aug 6, 2015, 1:16:40 AM
sadly the combination of codt + fire nova mine + detonate mines + chance to ingite does not work. you always have to place the mines separately, only the detonate mines gem works with codt. this would have been an awesome ignite stack engine :'(
Hi mate I will answer your question's in bullet form as asked.
1) I haven't tried emberwake because the taming isn't easily obtainable and probably not worth the expense for a slight upgrade in damage, plus i would lose 2 rare rings with alot of defenses built in with good damage for a reasonable price

2)I haven't bothered with dual curse because I've never felt a lack of DPS, but a single curse flammability is very effective if that was your choice of curse

3) I use blood rage in the video just for more attack speed/dps, if I played hardcore it probably would be replaced by vaal haste (Which is also an option for warbands obviously, I sometime use vaal cyclone for clearing low content and fun)
4) Herald of Ash is just a pure DPS option, running arctic armour is probably more effective and better all round
Question from tesb

"
tesb wrote:
1)
have you tried the new emberwake ring with this build (+the taming for insane dps boost due to ignite stacks)? you hit and ignite a lot so it would seem to benefit this build?

2)
secondly, have you tried a dual curse setup with flammability + elemental weakness? it would seem to be an insane dps increase.

3)
thirdly, why do you use blood rage? the 4% life regen you loose is a lot, especially with high health! shouldn't oros by itself provide enough ignitions (maybe combined with emberwake) to always keep you at maximum charges?

4)
lastly i still don't get why you use herald of ash. it does not add tootlip dps because you don't deal physical damage and it does not add that much more aoe clear because cyclone hits are small but fast, so the overkill dmg ist small compared to big hitting skills. personally i would rather go for grace + determination for very good phys protection. i.e. ditch alpahs howl for a good rare (life + res) and drop the aura nodes for more passive points.
Last edited by SmokinTumbleWeed on Dec 7, 2015, 6:48:36 AM
I have 2 questions.

What do you think about Lava lash 50% increased fire damage for 3 points.

My second question is what about removing Sovereignty and Purity of flesh for the Celestial judgement/punishment wheel. In a build that is not planning on being able to acquire a Alpha's howl to run grace/anger and AA.

Edit. You can also suggest a Cloak of flame as a cheap Coil Alternative.
Last edited by Sorro on Sep 25, 2015, 5:24:18 PM
Nice build bro. Currently trying to link this bastard

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info