Help with static strike build

I'm trying to make my first build without looking too much at guides. I wanted to make a crit build as I never played that, and I didn't really want to play what everyone is playing. Cyclone, Reave and Ice Crash. So I ended up making a Shadow Crit Dagger Static Strike.

My main concern is leech. With Physical to lightning gem I cant leech from physical. I also lack some life regen to support Blood Rage.

I am also unsure about what uniques to use. Realisticly I have about 7 Exalted to spend right now. I want to try out Bringer of Rain. If that is not viable, then maybe a Belly of the Beast or Carcass Jack with Rat's Nest.

Is there any other uniques that can cover the life regen I'm missing? missing 0.4% regen to sustain Blood Rage at the moment.

Here is the passive tree I had planned. I'm not sure if it's optimal or not, but at a first glance it looks ok.

Build:
Crit Dagger Static Strike

If anyone is experienced at melee or perhaps with this skill, then I would really appreciate some help making this work. Oh and yes, it is for Tempest Lague.

I should probably add:
The idea behind the build is getting as much block as possible, probably using Lieoneye's Remorse shield. Then use a Stone of Lazhwar for some added spell block. The dream is getting an Aegis Aurora, but that's not a realistic goal for me right now as it is more expensive than Shav's and Lightning Coil.

Last edited by Zerucos on Aug 2, 2015, 12:20:04 AM
If you're going pure lightning, my suggestion is to use dual Doryani's Catalysts. They offer up a massive amount of increased damage, so much that you can pretty much completely ignore offense anywhere else and dedicate the rest of your passive tree, aura slots, and gear slots to defenses.

Maybe use Three Dragons for some freeze. That's pretty defensive too. I had a three-dragons freeze build in Torment that got around a 25% chance to freeze and used Herald of Lightning + proliferation to freeze the screen, and Herald of Ice + Pyre (also Herald of Ash but that may be difficult these days) to shock packs.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Thanks for that tip. I never considered using Three Dragons. It is something I will test out for sure!
I'm still undecided. What would bring me the most defensive bonuses? Bringer of Rain, or a Belly of the Beast setup? It is so hard to tell for me, and I would like to know before making a big purchase.

Thanks for the help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info