Phantasmagoria Map

So I just ran the new Phantasmagoria map, and I have to say, I'm not impressed. While I like the tileset personally, I found the mob density to be next to nothing. Granted that I did not have pack size on the map, even if I did the packs would have still been horribly thin. There would literally be one small pack spread out pretty far from the next pack, with only those little zombie pods in between. Maybe I just had bad pack size rng, but it was bad enough that I don't think I'll waste time running that map anymore. I had some pretty decent mods on the map (monster life, damage, extra damage as fire) with around 120% item quantity and I got 2 69 maps off of it. I pretty much face rolled through the map until I got to the boss room. I had no idea what was lying in wait for me.

Man that Revenant hits like a f*cking truck. For me as melee, it was a pretty difficult challenge. The boss loves to run around, constantly respawning dead minions and blasting your face off with those projectiles. I got the boss to around half life, ran out of flasks, tried to log out and died before I could click to main menu. I guess I should have alt f4'd. I had plenty of portals left, but decided to call it quits on that, as 10% xp at lv 86 takes too long to make up when high level maps simply aren't dropping for me. Not worth the risk. (Oh and the boss was corrupted, not sure if that actually makes a difference in damage output.)

So I really think this map could use some better pack size/less distance in between packs. And even with the extra damage mods, the map was pretty easy until the boss, it was literally like hitting a brick wall at full speed. Maybe the boss should have a separate room like some other maps to warn you of whats coming? Just an idea.

Anyways, I think if I get any more of these drop, I'll just vendor them to the next tier up. Not worth running.
Last edited by ElChivoDiablo on Aug 1, 2015, 6:27:40 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Volcano's worst in terms of density.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
more complains about mob density.
+1 i agree.

i hope ggg will find a solution to this.

volcano, quarry and now phantasmagoria map are just empty maps.
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ Another day in path of plenty.
Totally agree, ran it this morning and thought the same thing, the map mob density is terrible :(
♠RaGoN♦

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info