*-*[2.2 PHC] Dual Wield Molten Claw Striker -T15 Twin Tank -225K Shotgun - 78%/78% block -Budget*-*

Hello, Great build. I'm lv 65 at the moment and breezing through. Bosses aren't really a problem with the LGOH mechanism.
Wouldn't Fork be better instead of physical projectile damage or WED ? In theory you can double the number of projectiles.
Has anyone tried an Iron Reflexes version ?
Last edited by nougatt on Aug 28, 2015, 1:07:07 PM
"
nougatt wrote:
Hello, Great build. I'm lv 65 at the moment and breezing through. Bosses aren't really a problem with the LGOH mechanism.
Wouldn't Fork be better instead of physical projectile damage or WED ? In theory you can double the number of projectiles.
Has any tried an Iron Reflexes version ?

I always thought Molten Strike's projectiles can only Explode.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I am a new player. My first character was a summoner that I got to level 70 then I tried the duelist and liked the play style of Molten Strike a lot so found the guide MortalKombat3 had and that got me started. I am currently level 70 with the duelist.

I think this guide is very well laid out and easier to follow then most I have found. I especially like that you put the gem slot colors listed I can print it out and shop with it. I was wondering if you would add that to the rest of the gear it saves a lot of time for us new people who do not know the gem colors.

I have read all the post and it seems the build has evolved somewhat so I wanted to ask:

1. If I go Arctic Armour (which I like and used leveling) what do I drop?

2. How are frenzy charges generated? I am guessing it is from Blood Rage and Poachers Mark. I am currently using Blood Dance boots to get my frenzy charges so I am holding off on finding Atziri's steps for now.

3. Which of the passive trees do you now recommend since I had seen the posts by Catharsis that you seemed to endorse so I want to follow the current recommended tree.

4. Looking at Catharsis gear he posted he has three CWDT setups which I like the idea of but was wondering about the helm setup, why would you link Hatred in the CWDT?
My fork idea doesn't seem to work even though the support gem is taken into account. Bug ? In theory it could have tripled the number of projectiles and not doubled liked I previously wrote.

I'm trying out Iron reflexes with Daresso's Defiance armor and things are working out nicely, but I'm only lv 68 at the moment. At least I don't have any huge damage spikes anymore when dealing with monster packs.

To answer CDFINLEY :

1/If you take arctic armor, then you will remove Herald of Ash. That is also the option I took.

2/You are correct in your guess.

3/Can't answer for you but I'm going for Catharsis tree except for Acrobatics since I took Iron reflexes.

4/Hatred is there because it just needs a slot, it isn't linked with the CWDT setup, it is indepedant.

Last edited by nougatt on Aug 30, 2015, 5:40:44 AM
"
nougatt wrote:
Has anyone tried an Iron Reflexes version ?

Thanks! Molten Strike Projectiles cannot chain , pierce, or fork unfortunately. I sent someone who was asking about an iron reflexes hardcore version a passive tree. this is what i had come up with, also told him to use a belly of the beast instead of queen of the forest. otherwise same items.

"
CDFINLEY wrote:
I am a new player. My first character was a summoner that I got to level 70 then I tried the duelist and liked the play style of Molten Strike a lot so found the guide MortalKombat3 had and that got me started. I am currently level 70 with the duelist.

I think this guide is very well laid out and easier to follow then most I have found. I especially like that you put the gem slot colors listed I can print it out and shop with it. I was wondering if you would add that to the rest of the gear it saves a lot of time for us new people who do not know the gem colors.

I have read all the post and it seems the build has evolved somewhat so I wanted to ask:

1. If I go Arctic Armour (which I like and used leveling) what do I drop?

2. How are frenzy charges generated? I am guessing it is from Blood Rage and Poachers Mark. I am currently using Blood Dance boots to get my frenzy charges so I am holding off on finding Atziri's steps for now.

3. Which of the passive trees do you now recommend since I had seen the posts by Catharsis that you seemed to endorse so I want to follow the current recommended tree.

4. Looking at Catharsis gear he posted he has three CWDT setups which I like the idea of but was wondering about the helm setup, why would you link Hatred in the CWDT?

Thanks for following the guide, I updated the gem colors for the rest of the gear for you.

The build has evolved from a passive tree perspective and herald of ash vs. arctic armor, as for the gear i have not updated my gear in almost a month. (Im hoarding currency so i can buy a 6L lightning coil, Gemimini claw of at least ~300 pDPS, and an end game rustic sash all at once).

To answer your questions:
1. Drop herald of ash

2. Blood Rage and Poachers Mark. I would drop the blood dance ASAP they are not needed for frenzy charges and the life regen is not necessary either. The life + spell dodge + very high evasion from atziri's step (needed for Queen of the forest movement speed) are invaluable.

3. I recommend the 'end game optized tree'. Updated the guide to have one passive tree only.

4. Hatred is not affected by CWDT. I would recommend the gems i posted in the guide.

- As for my own updates ive gotten from level 92-93 with only one death (Bameth, Shifting Darkness beyond boss vaal detonated dead on me in a -13% max resist map it literally one shot me 10 times over).
- I uploaded a level 81 vulnerability + extra damage map to the guide.
- RNG gods blessed me. found an interesting claw on the ground:

The claw is not budget but i was thinking about how the passive tree could easily be changed to utilize this. Would replace +flat pDPS gloves/jewellery with +flat eDPS gloves/jewellery. Would replace gems and use Molten strike + Multistrike + WED + Faster Attacks. Would use Wrath instead of Hatred. Something like this passive tree would be interesting. I won't switch for now but its something to think about:

Last edited by link1313 on Aug 30, 2015, 3:54:47 PM
This build rocks! currently level 61 in tempest league and take the iron reflexes and many life nodes thanks for a great build! :D
"
Sinnerrr wrote:

I'm not the author of this post but I can answer your question. The damage shown only takes into account the direct melee damage and not the projectile damage. But don't worry it is taken into account.
"
nougatt wrote:
"
Sinnerrr wrote:

I'm not the author of this post but I can answer your question. The damage shown only takes into account the direct melee damage and not the projectile damage. But don't worry it is taken into account.

Thanks mate :)
What would you priotitize, attack speed or phys damage? I'm trying to find a good jewel

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info