*-*[2.2 PHC] Dual Wield Molten Claw Striker -T15 Twin Tank -225K Shotgun - 78%/78% block -Budget*-*

Loving the idea, probably gonna do this build very soon, you seem to have forgotten to factor in the 0.6 Multiplier on MS projectiles in your offensive screenshot.

Few points I have to make about the passive tree:

1. you can save a point by pathing to IG from the bottom rather than the top.

2. Is Iron Grip really needed at all? even assuming 300 strength like you have, that's only 60% extra projectile damage, which for 5 nodes is only 12% per node, that would be average even for a spell build.

3. My proposed level 90 tree, let me know what you think!

P.S. how many times did you die with this character?
IGN: HarroHarbinger
Last edited by Catharsis on Aug 7, 2015, 2:24:55 PM
"
Catharsis wrote:
Loving the idea, probably gonna do this build very soon, you seem to have forgotten to factor in the 0.6 Multiplier on MS projectiles in your offensive screenshot.

Few points I have to make about the passive tree:

1. you can save a point by pathing to IG from the bottom rather than the top.

2. Is Iron Grip really needed at all? even assuming 300 strength like you have, that's only 60% extra projectile damage, which for 5 nodes is only 12% per node, that would be average even for a spell build.

3. My proposed level 90 tree, let me know what you think!

P.S. how many times did you die with this character?

Thanks glad you like idea. Also your a huge help with fixing the guide. Can you post the passive tree link from the main website? (poedb has been down all day i can't see it).

I agree its debatable if iron grip is needed from a damage perspective. Strength does give +1 base life per 2 strength. The bloodless wheel across from it offers 23% increased life. I think its needed from a life perspective.

I've died 91 times.
Last edited by link1313 on Aug 7, 2015, 6:27:34 PM
"
Thanks glad you like idea. Also your a huge help with fixing the guide. Can you post the passive tree link from the main website? (poedb has been down all day i can't see it).

I agree its debatable if iron grip is needed from a damage perspective. Strength does give +1 base life per 2 strength. The bloodless wheel across from it offers 23% increased life. I think its needed from a life perspective.

I've died 91 times.

Here you go http://poeurl.com/zuUlHwU

As far as life goes there are some great life nodes up in the shadow area, so the tree ends up with more life (153%), more frenzy charges and a lot more damage.
Last edited by Catharsis on Aug 8, 2015, 1:18:18 AM
And since I was bored here's a semi crit version of the tree.

http://poeurl.com/zuWln9k

Less block, less evasion, less res and 1 less frenzy charge
More accuracy and crit, life stays the same.

With this tree and dual Sanguis, you end up with 35% base crit chance and +71% multiplier with no charges.
Last edited by Catharsis on Aug 8, 2015, 9:28:16 AM
Good job. It is so rare to see a budget melee build that is evasion based.

How do you prevent from getting one-shotted? Is lightining coil required or are enduring charges enough to migrate physical dmg in case critical hit gets through?

How is your life regeneration like? It seems it could be fast with LGOH from multiple molten strike hits.

Have you considered spec into blood magic so you can avoid mana nodes and mana jewels?
"
liutianmu wrote:

How do you prevent from getting one-shotted? Is lightining coil required or are enduring charges enough to migrate physical dmg in case critical hit gets through?

How is your life regeneration like? It seems it could be fast with LGOH from multiple molten strike hits.

Have you considered spec into blood magic so you can avoid mana nodes and mana jewels?

I'm not the OP but I'm currently lvl 81 with this build and I believe I can answer.

I run AA + 4 endo charges + iron skin Granite which is about 55% phys mitigation, enough not to get 1 shotted if you ask me, I haven't died at all in the last 10 levels, running up to rare 73's for the last 3, my last death was doing Merc malachi at 71.

LGOH from claws is absolutely sick, I have 10 APS x 8 Hits x 62 Life on hit, that's 5000 life on hit if all the balls hit, feels like having bino's crit regen on hit instead of on kill.

My tree doesn't go to the left side of duelist at all so blood magic ain't an option, and I wouldn't anyway because sacking hatred and AA ain't worth a few passives, you could also replace one sanguis with a rare gemini, that would solve any mana issues, although you'd still wanna grab a couple of mana notables to sustain whirling blades + int.

Final tree: http://poeurl.com/zvizT2X

Gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by Catharsis on Aug 12, 2015, 4:47:37 AM
"
Catharsis wrote:
"
liutianmu wrote:

I'm not the OP but I'm currently lvl 81 with this build and I believe I can answer.

I run AA + 4 endo charges + iron skin Granite which is about 55% phys mitigation, enough not to get 1 shotted if you ask me, I haven't died at all in the last 10 levels, running up to rare 73's for the last 3, my last death was doing Merc malachi at 71.

LGOH from claws is absolutely sick, I have 10 APS x 8 Hits x 62 Life on hit, that's 5000 life on hit if all the balls hit, feels like having bino's crit regen on hit instead of on kill.

My tree doesn't go to the left side of duelist at all so blood magic ain't an option, and I wouldn't anyway because sacking hatred and AA ain't worth a few passives, you could also replace one sanguis with a rare gemini, that would solve any mana issues, although you'd still wanna grab a couple of mana notables to sustain whirling blades + int.

Final tree: http://poeurl.com/zvizT2X

Gear:
Spoiler

Good answer. I like your tree too, frees up the need to get strength on gear. It may be more difficult to get to the juiciest nodes which are in the shadow area before level 85 (i.e. the tree stretches further) but once you do nodes like sleight of hand, coordination, and quickness crush nodes like fencing or quickstep.

I have a couple questions;
how do you like arctic armor compared to herald of ash?

are you ok running without revelry for mana sustain?

"
link1313 wrote:
I have a couple questions;
how do you like arctic armor compared to herald of ash?

are you ok running without revelry for mana sustain?

AA feels great as an extra layer of defense, I'm already at 37k tooltip with charges/flask so the extra 7% damage from HoA feels redundant compared to 13/13 mitigation.

Mana is fine, even on curse immune maps it very rarely feels like an issue, I keep a mana pot on me for the ocassional drain, but I mostly just use it to be able to spam WB for long distances.
Hi, i make the build and its very nice, but i made some changes in the passive tree, i gained a bit more wealth and gained life, and the way i made i have a bit more dmg and the gear abit cheap to buy.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAAF4DhwSxBS0ILglYCpsNjQ48EdUS4RRxFHUYkRmOG60hYCP2LlMwcTB8Mn417zfUOJY53TpCOlI67UCgQzFEnkd-Sn1LeExgTP9Nkk4qUUdTu1eXW69c-V4TXotgQWFSY3BkWmVNbmlxsHTtdct2rHjreu982X11gUGCB4O9hNmGYId2jX2Nv5AKktCVZpuNo4qkwq_rtxe747yfvTa-p7_VwYvEosjwz37Tb9N-0_zUI9X42Xzawdun3ajjn-Sx5ojqGOpi7T_tg-4O707v4_cy-Ov8S_zF_ro=?accountName=unisc&characterName=Dimm_Ferraz

@link1313 can you share your leveling tree pls , i need it :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info