*-*[2.2 PHC] Dual Wield Molten Claw Striker -T15 Twin Tank -225K Shotgun - 78%/78% block -Budget*-*

Thanks for replying my question :)
Much appreciated.

This build is so beginner friendly. spent like 5C in total
Currently lv 72 without death. completed merciless act 4 @ Lv 70 facetank.

Tremendous build!

However, waiting molten fireballs to fall is not so fun :(

Last edited by Lu_snake on Apr 14, 2016, 8:58:50 PM
Looks like a nice build. i'm curious, is it possible to do Atziri with this build?
"
FxRebel wrote:
Looks like a nice build. i'm curious, is it possible to do Atziri with this build?

Yes it's no problem I've done hardcore atziri a couple times. All the bosses have large hit boxes so it's easy to shotgun damage them quickly. You whirling blade faster than any other build so avoiding flameblasts or vaal smashes is easy.

Just bring granite/basalt flasks with anti bleed for the trio and try to fight them one at a time (ranged first, dual striker second, bleed guy third) and be careful of the physical/chaos degeneration ground because fortify does not reduce that damage and it can't be blocked.
Last edited by link1313 on Apr 15, 2016, 5:43:14 PM
So, what I wonder is why choose claws instead of going with a shield?

Wouldn't a shield make the block chance easier to achieve?
"
sprig333 wrote:
So, what I wonder is why choose claws instead of going with a shield?

Wouldn't a shield make the block chance easier to achieve?

Oh, I see, I didn't know that you get 10% MORE attack speed and 20% MORE physical attack damage while dual wielding!
Just got to level 54 on hardcore perandus and this is a good build. Got 60% block chance with the two fortresses (68% if you include the 8 percent from painforged) and am just rolling through the Cruel content.

The one thing I probably shouldn't have done but did was to head down to get the "forces of nature" passive to get the 6% elemental resistance penetration, since so much of our damage is elemental (fire from molten strike and cold from hatred).

I do wonder what the difference might be going claw + shield instead. You wouldn't need near as many things to max out block, so you could invest in heartseeker and assassinate (or other good DPS nodes).

Why did you avoid the critical nodes, by the way? A lot of nodes are for +life of course, which definitely makes sense, but it does seem like the first bits of investment in critical would reap larger rewards than and additional investment in attack speed or increased damage.

For example, the build has something like 418% increased physical damage. Adding another 10% physical damage is sort of like 10/518 more damage (which is like 2% more)

The build has only 60% increased critical strike chance and no increased crit multiplier.

With a 6.3% crit on the claws that's a 10.08% crit chance, which is pseudo 5.04% more damage for the criticals (not counting anything complicated like accuracy).

If you took the 2 nodes for assassination, you would get +50% crit chance and +45% crit mult, so you'd end up with 13.23 crit chance with 195 modifier, so something like 12.57% more damage from critical strikes (1.1257/1.0504 = 1.07 so ~ 7% more damage from those two nodes) Add in heartseeker's 3 nodes as well for another +50% chance and +40% multiplier and you're up to 38.49% more damage from critical strikes (1.3849/1.0504 = 1.32, so something like 32% more damage from those 5 nodes alone).

I'm not sure of the exact math, but I am doubting that the claw nodes towards soul raker or the ambidexterity nodes are competitive with these for more damage per point (damage isn't everything of course and attack speed does feed the life engine). It also opens up the options on DPS gear/gems since you really need to get the higher crit multiplier it seems before adding crit chance helps out. Maybe the twin terrors circle would even make sense at that point (although eventually, each additional investment in crit loses some of its potency comparatively to the attack speed and phys damage).
Sorry I won't be able to do a lot of calculations im on a mobile:

Your absolutely right about the damage boost from assassination and heart seeker. I respeced out of soul raker and the four passive points leading to it in order to get the crit nodes. In total it was negative 75% increased physical damage (and some life/mana leech) for +100% crit chance / +85% crit multiplier. My dps with no charges went from 24,000.1 to 25,077.0 or 4.5%. I don think the loss of the mana leech will be a factor most comes from the +2 mana gained on hit
Thanks again that was a good find.

I wouldn't suggest sacrificing attack speed nodes even if it lowers DPS in comparison to crit because it directly affects your life gained on hit per second and that is where this build really shines (i.e. Don't have to use health potions while fighting tier 15 kaom where a static strike `unstoppable` build on this forum needs to spam two health pots when hit because it can't leech quick enough...not ripping another build apart just pointing out).

As for using a shield you lose out on the bonus attack speed from dual wielding (life gained on hit per second importance) and more importantly you lose out on 25% chance to gain an endurance charge on kill with offhand weapon. These endurance charges are great with CWDT + immortal call. If we weren't hitting max block I would agree with you in that a shield would be better.

The 6% elemental penetration node is a great idea!! Penetration is king for increasing DPS. Would be worth testing with a physical to lightning gem to get the full value from it and full value from weapon elemental damage support gem. I'll do the math when I get home.
Last edited by link1313 on Apr 20, 2016, 11:23:36 AM
Hi! can u make a final tree on 100 lvl plz? (sorry my bad english) now i lvl 73 awesome build! only 3 or 5 death ))) ty 4 this build
Тупо Гей
Last edited by RussianArcMage on Apr 20, 2016, 11:36:04 PM
Hi! can u say about some MF gear for this build? Thx and sorry my bad english)
Тупо Гей
Last edited by RussianArcMage on Apr 25, 2016, 10:06:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info