Challenge = Forced to play warband ?

I love the challenges every leagues but this time I just don't get it. I am the kind of person who play only HC and never felt so much forced into playing SC to complete the challenges.

Usually it just a matter of making a character and experiencing the new stuff but this time it is way more grindy.
We are required to identify 9 uniques that drops only of warband members and kill 8 different warbands that appears only in maps with absolutely no way to tell when we have a chance to see them because it changes too often.
In comparison, Tempest challenges can be cleared in less than 2 days and only requires 6 uniques that have no drop restriction.

So if one wants to compete for the challenge completion, his only choice is to play Warband full time.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The website is nembibi.com/warbands.

I think. Something like that.
Reminds me of the Torment challenges where I spent a week getting all the bloodlines and then spent the remaining almost 3 months trying to RNG spirits.

I didn't succeed.
"
This is not new. All of the challenges have "forced" you to play the other league, if you want to complete 8/8.

They did but they did not require you to spend much time on them. The dedication needed to play Warband is much greater than any other challenge have I seen before ( didn't play Torment/Bloodlines and Rampage/Beyond )
Last edited by Thotor on Jul 31, 2015, 5:12:04 PM
If you are a HC only player you can never have more then 4 or maybe 5 complete if your lucky by the end of the season - and you will have to work much harder to get your smaller number... I personally have never gotten more then 3 in a season.

If you are a SC player, then you are being challenged to try HC and not die for a little while and you can get all 8 no problememo.

Because of this imbalance I consider these challenges BULLSHIT. The numbers mean NOTHING in reflection of the players skill. (well, the first palyers to get all 8, that takes skill and persistence, I'll grant that at least) I still try and complete as many as I can just so my account does not look like a noob, but only grudgingly.

So, GGG I have a question for you: Are you 'challenging' me to play softcore? Because that's what it sure sounds like. LOL hahaha... NO! stop it. Its never gonna happen.

Challenges should be separate for each league - make them a different color or something? Unless they signify what league they were completed in, they are meaningless and should not be forced on us.

Credit where its due: The red and blue armor sets from the one month challenge was a good approach, thanks for that.
Warbands is so boring it's like the same as playing default league. They don't bring anything to the game, just a bunch of mobs that fight together, really GGG? They don't even blend in well with the Awakening theme. What it looks like that GGG was running out of time to create a good league and created this garbage in like 1 day.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Reminds me of the Torment challenges where I spent a week getting all the bloodlines and then spent the remaining almost 3 months trying to RNG spirits.

I didn't succeed.

I just played in Torment got 3 characters to 85 and still was missing ghosts.
I need a signature to look legit
"
Credit where its due: The red and blue armor sets from the one month challenge was a good approach, thanks for that.

Agree. One of the best things they ever did.

+1 on the 1-month challenge for the Seraph Armor set. I think, challenges-wise, that's probably the most-liked thing GGG's done in the eyes of the entire playerbase.

And while I can definitely see the point of "forcing HC/SC to try the other league," there is a MAJOR point in the disparity of how long it'd take to do either.

The list of Tempests should be pretty easy to clear when one bothers to get around to it. The list of Warbands? I've been plugging at them for MANY hours so far; I'm mostly through and just needing luck for the chaos generals, (only took >100 4-star zones to find the OTHER bosses) but worse yet is getting all the drop-restricted uniques. I've gotten lucky enough to get a Redblade Banner... No whiff of anything else... And conferring with others? It's pretty clear that I actually edged on the LUCKIER side of RNG there.

So yes, I can definitely see validity of the complaints if it would take only 20-40 hours to finish all the Tempest challenges, but hundreds of hours to finish Warbands.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info