[2.0] Bringer of Entropy ! 47k dps+ | 4K life+ | 50% eva chance | 60% block for Attacks & Spells !

BRINGER OF ENTROPY v2.0

I) Introduction

Hi everybody,

I have finally decided to post my current version of Wings of Entropy build designed for the new Awakening patch.
The build can be made without being too expensive for players, and it's really reliable for end-game content, even if i haven't tried Atziri with it yet. EDIT : It's completely possible to do atziri runs with this char, i've tried, and now i know ! Video at the end to proove it !

I'll try to bring the most interesting informations about this build, and uptade it as soon as possible. Enjoy.

II) Let's talk about numbers

Spoiler

To survive in Wraeclast, we will need to find a lot of tricks that will help us to always stay alive.
My character is currently at lvl 88. This build has a huge defense system, and also deals a really great amount of dps, making you able to fight against the strongest creatures safely !
These are my current stats :

Attack :

-Cleave : 47000 dps AoE with herald of ashes + 3 frenzy charges from blood rage (1 more now, since i have found boots with +1 max frenzy charge !)
-Lightning strike : 59000 dps AoE, same thing, with Herald + 3 frenzy, it allows me to stay far vs dangerous bosses
-We have from tree a small chance to get onslaught. If it happens, it's +25% extra attack/cast/movement speed for 2 second. It's also give me +2% extra evasion (and that's why you can see death rush on my build).

Defense :

-4000 Life (And i'm using Ming's Heart which reduces my life by 15% !)
-250 life regen/sec
-0.6% life leech + 1.2% additionnal from Blood rage with Cast when damage taken.
-160 ES (also reduced by 15% by Ming's !)
-11% estimated physical dmg reduction
-50% chances to evade attacks
-60% chances to block attacks AND spells
-Fortify that triggers when the character hits (which reduces incoming damages from hits by 20%)
-Endurance charges gained with "Endurance charges on melee stun" gem
where each endurance charge brings 4% reduced physical dmg taken & 4% additionnal elemental resistances
-Immortal call on Cast when damage taken, it makes me invicible against physical damages for a short duration
-10% chances to blind monsters with Bringer of Rain, reducing their chance to hit us
-10% chances to gain a endurance charge on block with Bringer of Rain
-Resistances :
>76 on fire
>76 on cold
>75 on lightning
>75 on chaos (not required for you !)
-30% chances to avoid stun

III) The gear needed

Spoiler

The main items needed are :

Wings of Entropy, a 2 handed axe => legacy if possible for the 10% chances to block, not really expensive, 1ex maybe for legacy ? No 6L required, and not even 5L also, because bringer of rain is doing all the hard work !
The Bringer of Rain, a nightmare bascinet => the only expensive piece of this build, 2nd legacy prefered because of the 15% block chances, can be found for 3/4ex i think
Stone of Lazhwar, a lapis amulet => for the 50% chances to block spell. without corruption, this can be found for 1 to 5 chaos.
If you have a corrupted version, it's even better (2/3/4% chances to block OR +1 to all maximum resistances is a really good choice too !)
Rainbowstrides, boots => with 25% chances to block spells required. 20c to 1ex maybe
1 Atziri's Promise flask, this grants extra physical, elemental, chaos dmg and 2% life leech on use +35% chaos res, a must have ! Can be found for 1chaos.

The rest of the equipement is based on life and resistances.
Important : you'll have to find a way to grab some mana leech, the best way to get it is from gauntlets or rings, but it can also be found on a unique belt like Wurm's Molt.
A good choose can be to use Slitherpinch for gloves, really nice for this build, give life leech and mana leech at the same time + attack speed and extra dex !

IV) The gems

Spoiler

The main attack :

The main attack is Cleave, for AoE dps and so big life leech.
Also, static strike and molten strike can be chosen, it's up to your preferences.

If you search for an full offensive build :
BoR + Cleave + Added fire damage or Physical to lightning + Multistrike + Weapon Elemental damage.
Concentrated effect works well also, it's actually the gem that add the most of the damages, but it also greatly reduce the AoE, and so the amount of creature you can hit at the same time, so i'm not a huge fan.

If you search for a balanced option (the setup i use, with fortify & added fire) :
BoR + Cleave + Fortify or Endurance charge on melee stun + Multistrike + Added fire damage or Weapon elemental damage

And if you search the most defensive setup :
BoR + Cleave + Multistrike + Fortify + Endurance charge on melee stun

If you have a 6L WoE, you can put a offensive setup on BoR for example, and use the same setup but more defensive this time on the weapon.

On A 6L WoE, if you try offense :
Cleave + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Added fire dmg + Melee physical dmg + Weapon elemental dmg
And for full defense :
Cleave + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Melee physical + Fortify + Endurance charge on Melee stun

The second attack :

If you use Cleave on BoR, you can select another attack on 6L WoE.
I'm playing Lightning strike for reflect physical maps or vs deadly close combat bosses. This way i can stay far. The 6L setup is the same, except the fact you can insert LMP or GMP instead of Weapon elemental dmg.

Advice : To go further, if you have 2 WoE, you can switch from one to another for multiple attack setups !

The auras :

Same thing here, there are offensive and defensive setups :
-For offense : Hatred + Herald of ashes
-For defense : Grace + Herald of ashes (I can reach 50% evasion with Grace !)

The escape solution :

Just simply use Leap Slam & Faster Attacks together, this way you can easily escape flameblast, lightning call, dominus death punch, etc... and if you have already frenzy on you, your jump will be even faster !

The triggered gems :

Cast when damage taken + Temporal chains (all ennemies are slowed, which make lower incoming attacks frequency) + Immortal call (combo with endurance charges from BoR and Endurance charges on melee stun gem + Blood Rage (It grants free frenzy charges on kill that boots our dps, and grant nice extra life leech, the degen is not a problem at all, and also we grab endurance charges to reduce it !)

V) The gear i use

Spoiler

I'm trying the get the best gear as possible, i have made the extreme version with 75% chaos resistance, but if you want to do this build easily, you should avoid to search for the chaos res. Trying to reach 75 in chaos resistance is REALLY HARD, but if you like challenge, try it !
So no real need for Ming's or death rush if you want to make this build.
And if you avoid Ming's, your life's total will be also much higher than mine !

Thing to know : Hyrri's Ire is for cosmetic purpose only, it cannot be used with BoR, but it can be displayed on your character if you use it. Also, if you put gems on the chest, those will get experience from the monsters you kill.

Flasks :

New improvement :

-25% Rainbowstrides with +1 max frenzy charge.

Future improvement :

-I need a 4% Block chance Stone of Lazhwar, to reach 61 % chance to block attacks and spells.

EDIT : I have decided to stop to use temporal chains and also immortal call with cast when dmg taken on this char, since i'm no more using endurance charge on melee stun gem for now.

I think to keep the endurance charges i gain with BoR can be better, and the damage reduction can be even stronger if i use enfeeble with cast.

Also, i can play riposte on the last socket i have, which makes me allow to counter-attack each time i block, which means free attacks at about 15k dps, attacks that grants life and mana leech !

VI) The passive skill tree

VII) Screenshots (with frenzy charges !)

Spoiler

Cleave :

Lightning strike :

Defense :

VIII) Videos

Spoiler

Double Vaal Oversoul :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YNVd9OfUyQ&feature=youtu.be

The Trio :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or2C4lYoEIc&feature=youtu.be

Atziri fight (i like to see the only times i'm in danger are due to my lol way of playing, and even with all my mistakes, it's solid xD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwlH8uGYXv8&feature=youtu.be

The build is easy to create, and it's really fun and effective. The items needed are not so expensive, but the result is here !

I'm aware i'm not the first guy who has made this build already, i'm just trying to show you my vision of it.

All of this is a work in progress, so i'll try to continue it as soon as possible ! If you have any questions, just ask me !

If you want to check my other builds :

BoR Soul Aegis
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1380675
Seeker of Anarchy
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1390730

Last edited by M4X1MU5_300 on Aug 24, 2015, 6:09:24 AM
Awesome build!
bringing back wings of entropy high block!
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
Updated build, new tree added !
Screenshots added !
Upgraded gear, and new gems setup in CWDT !
Hi, i really like the build, do you think you can farm atziri with this setup ?
Last edited by _Betamax_ on Aug 5, 2015, 11:28:52 AM
"
Hi, i really like the build, do you think you can farm atziri with this setup ?

Now it's official : I know it's possible to kill and farm Atziri with this build. I have tried tonight, because i was curious myself, and the build is extremely reliable : Deathless against atziri !

I have just died once, against the trio, but it was only my fault, a lack of skill at this moment. It could be completely avoided.

As a proof, future videos of Atziri runs incoming !
Last edited by M4X1MU5_300 on Aug 5, 2015, 4:33:16 PM
Nice , i think i just found my next build i have just two more question :
- Do you think it is still viable without legacy entropy and BOR ( dont have the currency for that since im playng in warband)
- And how do you lvl up your char until you can equip bor and entropy ?
Looking forward for you videos !
Last edited by _Betamax_ on Aug 5, 2015, 6:25:38 PM
New videos added !

"
Nice , i think i just found my next build i have just two more question :
- Do you think it is still viable without legacy entropy and BOR ( dont have the currency for that since im playng in warband)
- And how do you lvl up your char until you can equip bor and entropy ?
Looking forward for you videos !

I guess i'll have to try the build with a 6% block chance BoR to see if it's still reliable, but for the non-legacy WoE, it should not be a problem at all. For the leveling, 2 ungil's gauche at lvl 20 then 2 prismatic eclipse at lvl 53 i guess.

And this way, those weapons force you to not spend your skills points for attack first but for more defence instead, which is a good thing in fact, because we'll need axes nods and 2 handed nods for WoE in the future, and those 2 weapons are daggers and swords respectively.

EDIT : I have seen something cool. If you take prismatic eclipe at lvl 53, you can begin to focus on attack, since i take the nod "By the blade" at the start of the marauder tree, and this nod also apply for swords !
Last edited by M4X1MU5_300 on Aug 6, 2015, 11:53:08 AM
Nice deathless atziri run!
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info