Removed thornflesh?

Am I the only one who remembers reflect being game-breakingly strong? Then it got nerfed and now I don't even realize a monster has reflect.

Thornflesh isn't that strong either, requires just a tiny bit of brain power (if your dps is high) to kill without dying.

TDLR: STOP MAKING GAME EASIER
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Am I the only one who remembers reflect being game-breakingly strong? Then it got nerfed and now I don't even realize a monster has reflect.

Thornflesh isn't that strong either, requires just a tiny bit of brain power (if your dps is high) to kill without dying.

Very well worded and backed up argument you have there.

Thornflesh was an offshoot idea that got poorly implemented and 100% emulated original reflect-as-aura on rare mobs. If the original was removed and replaced by different (weaker) alternative, why would you keep its sibling under the same name in the game?

Thornflesh was an issue because at certain damage output levels you could kill yourself while having 0 chance to react to the situation. It is not fair to expect from players to change their skills, supports or deliberately reduce their damage output to deal with one random Bloodline mod. This is a reason why Thronflesh was removed. I fully expect it will come back in reworked form once GGG figures out how to do that.
Stupid mechanic
GGG agreed

End of story.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jul 31, 2015, 9:09:18 AM
Thornflesh sucked big time (same as the old reflect). Good change! ;)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Is there any reflect danger left? Reflect map on huge pack can cause a problem, but with reflect mob mod affecting only the mob itself... seems like other than map mod, reflect does not exist.

I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

I SUPPORT FLASK MACROS
3.13 was the golden age. Down the drain we go.
"
"
Baron01 wrote:
"

Thornflesh was an offshoot idea that got poorly implemented and 100% emulated original reflect-as-aura on rare mobs. If the original was removed and replaced by different (weaker) alternative, why would you keep its sibling under the same name in the game?

Thornflesh was an issue because at certain damage output levels you could kill yourself while having 0 chance to react to the situation. It is not fair to expect from players to change their skills, supports or deliberately reduce their damage output to deal with one random Bloodline mod. This is a reason why Thronflesh was removed. I fully expect it will come back in reworked form once GGG figures out how to do that.

All I really see is "I play bow characters that kill everything with 1 million dps off screen, and thornflesh was the only thing preventing me from winning the game with a few right clicks from the portal"

Yep death to bow users.
Regardless of how many life nodes they get thornflesh should destroy them entirely!
Because... reasons... archers have definitely dominated the top 100 for far too long... oh wait..
"
Marxone wrote:
Is there any reflect danger left? Reflect map on huge pack can cause a problem, but with reflect mob mod affecting only the mob itself... seems like other than map mod, reflect does not exist.

To be fair rightfully so having reflect as a map is fine, since you can prepare for it and know that it happens. But even without offscreen reflect you have a ton of enemies that can screw you. Because some enemies only show their auras once they come out of hiding (and there are a lot of enemies that are not visible as such before you trigger them).

This also means that it is a bit easier to go for damage, since before you basically needed Aquity or Vaal Pact at a certain point and you could still oneshot yourself.
"
Baron01 wrote:
"

Yup, I had posted a whine thread a few days ago because I keep killing myself from offscreen Thornflesh - my life/es pool is over 6k, I have plenty of evasion, and my DPS is high but not as good as anyone would have with a Glyph Mark or full crit build. Folks with better gear than me must have been getting totally destroyed by this, which doesn't really make any sense in a game that incentivizes getting good gear!

"
Stupid mechanic
GGG agreed

End of story.

Yup.

We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
Emphasy wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:

To be fair rightfully so having reflect as a map is fine, since you can prepare for it and know that it happens. But even without offscreen reflect you have a ton of enemies that can screw you. Because some enemies only show their auras once they come out of hiding (and there are a lot of enemies that are not visible as such before you trigger them).

This also means that it is a bit easier to go for damage, since before you basically needed Aquity or Vaal Pact at a certain point and you could still oneshot yourself.

Exactly. Instant leech was mandatory to deal with reflect. Either that or Ondar's, which is now gone (and, frankly, never seemed to help me very much in 1.3 either. I guess my accuracy was too high?).

I actually have some instant leech now with Vaal Pact and life leech gems on both my skills (sacrificing a lot of DPS to use them), and it still wasn't enough to stop me from 1-shotting myself from offscreen Thornflesh.

Besides, GGG wanted to stop pushing instant leech so strongly anyway.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Last edited by demon9675 on Jul 31, 2015, 1:03:12 PM
Well I won't miss it much, I prefer mods like Living blood. The game need more mods like that. It can be genuialy challengefull and fun at the same time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info