Does anybody Yolo EX their Jewels?

I've got some ok 3 mod jewels, but so far no 4 mod ones. They almost never drop, and when they do they never have 4 good mods on them.

Wondering if anybody throws an EX at their best jewels to see if they can get lucky?

Anything stand out as worth it?
I don't think they can drop with 4 mods.

If you ever see 4 stats on there it's likely one of the combo mods like "of burning" which gives both chance to ignite as well as ignite duration. Two lines for a single suffix.

I'd be interested if people have been exalting jewels. Personally I haven't seen anything but I feel like Jewels are one of the ultimate endgame items right now just because you can get 2-4 slots in most passive trees and they're really efficient to grab for level 85+ characters.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
ive been exalting jewels. Not sure if its worth it all together, I think Ive been making more money rolling jewels than Ive spent but Im not sure exalting them that often is wise all the same. Its very miss, with occasional hit.

These are ones Im using

and I have this...

which turned out to be same affixes as the middle one. Cant remember which of the 2 I exalted but I got Loh on one of them. The other 2 jewels were exalted from 3 props. Been buying divines on warbands to use on these when it ends.

I've Exalted two jewels. The first isn't really worth talking about (I got a dex mod), but the second is beautiful:

Eagle Solace Viridian Jewel (it's in my tree right now so I don't have a link unless you're logged in and check out my Scion)
-12% increased physical weapon damage while dual wielding
-5% increased attack speed
-6% increased attack speed with one handed melee weapons
-11% increased melee damage

I Exalted one of the speed mods, don't remember which one. I'm not going to Divine. The speed rolls are as high as they can go, and that's good enough for me.

I used a single Divine on one jewel with low rolls, and it was worth it:

Dusk Joy Viridian Jewel
-4% increased attack speed
-18% increased evasion rating
-7% increased maximum life
-12% increased melee damage
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
One of the reasons why I'm so tempted to try is because of the "asking price" of some of the jewels that I'm interested in.

I found two sellers who have jewels that I want, basically exactly like the ones I already have, just with the extra 4th useful mod.

They both want 15+ EX for them !!! And I've seen several other good 4 mod jewels going for that as well. Not sure if it's just asking price and nobody pays that, or if they actually sell for that...

So why not just take the ones I currently have on my Ranger which I love:

And see if I can't get a 4th useful mod? dunno... I'm not rich, so an EX isn't nothin' to me
I think I'd only do that if the 3 existing mods were max value.

I yolo exalted one of my jewel which already had 3 good mods for my build and I was really happy with the result. It was soon after the 2.0 launch.
I doubt I'll do the same again ; there's a lot more jewels in poe.trade now and I'm pretty sure anybody can find most kind of jewels for 1ex or less. Yolo exalting simply doesn't worth it right now.
Jewels have just 2 suffix and 2 prefix with very limited variety. Why someone would use exalt on them when you can easily bling 4 useful mods with chaos orbs?

I crafted phys+area damage on crimson jewel followed by a high armour roll with regal and then roll increase damage with exalt sold it for 14 exalt. i guess it was a real good cyclone jewel
what up cuzz
I haven't used an exalt on one yet, but was tempted to so on this one. Do you think it's worth exalting for my Ice Crash Scion using Hegemony's Era?

edit: Ok I've just read the full page, so you advice against exalting... I'm going to check poe.trade to see if I can find a better one for 1ex.
Last edited by Grahf23 on Jul 31, 2015, 11:33:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info