Gambling?

Does anyone else want a gambling feature similar to D2 (and D3 I guess...)?

Aka you get a currency for something (like Atziri, unique maps etc) that you can turn in and gamble different slots of gear? With a small % chance for a unique?

Or perhaps a PvP gambling feature to make PvP a little better. Tournaments like races sponsored by GGG that have prizes at the end and players can bet on who they think will win.

Just throwing some ideas out there for some gambling features, as if POE didn't have enough RNG :D
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
What... like div cards?
Currency already can be used to 'gamble' with to a certain extent
Chance orb does exactly that, doesn't it ?
The vendors have unidentified blues you can buy, and the masters have unidentified blues and yellows, plus sometimes even uniques once they reach L8...

That's gambling.
"
Cyzax wrote:
The vendors have unidentified blues you can buy, and the masters have unidentified blues and yellows...

That's gambling.

No that is not gambling! We all know their items are only max. itemlevel 59 so there is no way to get a top tier item from them.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
Ellerean wrote:
Does anyone else want a gambling feature similar to D2 (and D3 I guess...)?

Aka you get a currency for something (like Atziri, unique maps etc) that you can turn in and gamble different slots of gear? With a small % chance for a unique?

Or perhaps a PvP gambling feature to make PvP a little better. Tournaments like races sponsored by GGG that have prizes at the end and players can bet on who they think will win.

Just throwing some ideas out there for some gambling features, as if POE didn't have enough RNG :D

i am pretty sure every time you use an orb it is gambling
The entire game is a gamble.
Name ONE thing involving loot that doesn't revolve around RNG. I highly doubt there is. Drops are random of course, purchases are random, even crafting is random. Yup enjoy that +1 mana mod on a high level item that you wasted a whole exalt for while GGG coders laugh in your face. There are no baselines to the amount of bull RNG can deliver. It's not like other games where if you get a high level item, at least there's a baseline to how bad RNG can screw you. If you can't get +100 HP on a craft at least the game will give you +50, but nope apparently that's too "softcore" for this game.
you mean like the entire game lol? chance orbs?
S L O W E R
"
666lol666 wrote:
No that is not gambling! We all know their items are only max. itemlevel 59 so there is no way to get a top tier item from them.

You pay the ticket and have a chance of winning... How is that not gambling?

The vendors/masters are the low-end gambling, where chance orbs are the high-end ones.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info