[2.0.0] The Bloodlusting Marauder - Disfavour/BoR Cyclone (Video Added)

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first cyclone build, ever!

So, for this guide, im not gonna do the usual deep-in-detail skill tree where i explain where to go, and when, because this build isn't beginner friendly, due to the gear requirements (yeah, this build is kinda expensive, nothing like shavs expensive, just, pricey... like gas these days)

So, lets begin!

How does this build work?
So, in this build, we will be using 2 main unique items that are fairly costly, mostly because one piece im using is legacy and its costly, but those who are gonna buy the cheapest variants of each gear piece, it might cost approximately 15-17 exalts, which isnt too bad.

This build relies on 2 different skills, Leap slam, and cyclone... I know, i know, im using a build that almost everyone is using now because cyclone + fortify = 360 spin to win!

Leap slam will usually be the first step when it comes to damage,

As you can see, i got Leap Slam, Curse on hit, Vulnerability, and Blood Magic, as well as the gems in the item itself (Blind, Melee Physical damage and faster attacks. This build works so well with this setup purely because when you Leap Slam into a pack, or a rare, or a unique boss, they bleed, which enables the support gem
to come into affect, which will be linked to cyclone (will discuss cyclone links later) And also, you curse on hit Vulnerability, which increases physical damage given to cursed enemies by 20%+ and increases damage over time on those affected by Vulnerability, but thats a very minor feature, because you'll be cycloning them nasty mobs down anyway. Now, with bloodlust, and bleed, AND VULNERABILITY, you do a significant amount of damage, with vulnerability alone, you do heaps, but with bloodlust, on a bleeding target, thats cursed with vulnerability, its mayhem... hence the name ;)

Now, for cyclone, a fairly simple setup. You will be linking the following gems into your Disfavour (i 5linked my disfavour, tried 6ling so many time, gave up on the 5th 5l.)

Cyclone, Fortify, Bloodlust, Melee Physical Damage and Blood Magic (for a 6l, added fire or faster attacks.)

Now, Atziri's Disfavour is by far my favourite unique 2h axe, and i will most definitely not be leaving this axe, ever!

Now, the reason i put cyclone into this, instead of Bringer of Rain, is because the +2 support gems helped with all of my support gems, Blood Magic (whether or not you have a lvl 21 like me, or a level 1) will help relieve some life use while using cyclone, and the rest (bloodlust, fortify and melee physical damage) generally increase the damage, and since Leap Slam is only used as a buff/debuff on enemies (buff on you of course) damage on cyclone is just added bonuses!

Fortify is a new skill in 2.0 and it is extremely helpful when it comes to mitigating some physical damage, if you cyclone into a pack, every hit resets the fortify buff, so, the longer you cyclone and hit targets, the longer it stays up!

Now, for a bit of math... im terrible at explaining math in Path of Exile, so please, bear with me...

Bloodlust (at level 20) gives 59% more damage on bleeding targets, now, we already confirmed that vulnerability causes both physical damage increase (21% for me because low intelligence) and DoT with bleeding, which is meh, but most of all, you can bleed targets you leapslam on. so... thats what.. 80% increased damage on monsters you leapslam on? Thats a crapload of increased damage, don't forget, you're also adding damage from fortify and melee physical damage AND nodes in the skill tree. So, Leapslamming is vital for bosses if you want some quick and satisfying kills...

TL;DR = Leapslam into builds, causes vuln and bleeding, then cyclone, bloodlust will cause alot of damage, yada yada stop being lazy when it comes to reading.

Skill Tree (109 points = Level 90)
Click Me

Realistically, this is what the tree would look like if all of your additional attributes came from gear. With me, i struggled with things like Dexterity and Intelligence, so, this is my custom tree (yours may differ, because, attributes on gear, and stuff.)

Click Me, but please be gentle

So, getting dexterity and intelligence is a bit of a goal when it comes to building this well, build. So, best of luck!

Gear (yours may differ)

I only use the chestplate purely for cosmetic reasons (i love the Journeyman chestplate <3)

As you can see, standard stuff for a cycloner, i do have a legacy meginords, a non-legacy is fine also. Links look a bit messy on my boots, thats only because i only run herald of ash and determination... too broke to afford an Enlighten lvl 3 gem :(

Offensive/Defensive Sheet

Offensive

The Actual Offensive... (For context, please comment below and i will reply)

Defensive

Additional skill links you probably want to know

CWDT Setup (totally not dead) = CWDT, Vulnerability, Increased Area of Effect

And, these arent linked, but the Auras are = Determination, Herald of Ash

I also have a portal gem and Warlords Mark for well, leech and endurance charges.

Flasks are pretty simple, 3 life flasks of whatever you need, one granite flask, and one Quicksilver flask

EG

Bandits are pretty simple, Help Oak, Help Kraytin (bridge guy) and kill them all (in the order of: Normal Cruel, and Merciless)

That sort of concludes this build guide

Video guide - Boop The Snoot (not the actual name of the guide)

Please, if you have questions, pm me, or comment below, i will check this forums every couple of hours, so please, dont hesitate to talk to me... really, i have no friends :/

Farewell, thank you for reading my build guide!

Until next time ;)
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last edited by Slayer_Tip on Aug 6, 2015, 1:11:02 PM
I may just run this at the end of Warbands when I have spare currency lying around. Always wanted a disfavour build.

Solid (snake) guide.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Serleth wrote:
I may just run this at the end of Warbands when I have spare currency lying around. Always wanted a disfavour build.

Solid (snake) guide.

Haha that MGS referance :D

Thanks for the approval :P appreciate it heaps :D

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
I am doing a similar build as well. I love Disfavour. I actually specc'd into blood magic though and it is working quite well. My life regen is high enough that my skills are free. the huge bonus being a massive life pool. I currently do not run any auras and due to the mechanics of this build I do not feel like it is weak without them. Now that I am comfortable with it I am debatting maybe trying to run 1 or 2 but I don't feel it needs it. I am only 77 and I have easily been running 75-77 maps without issue. act 4 was cake walk. I am loving this buikld
"
XxLabanxX wrote:
I am doing a similar build as well. I love Disfavour. I actually specc'd into blood magic though and it is working quite well. My life regen is high enough that my skills are free. the huge bonus being a massive life pool. I currently do not run any auras and due to the mechanics of this build I do not feel like it is weak without them. Now that I am comfortable with it I am debatting maybe trying to run 1 or 2 but I don't feel it needs it. I am only 77 and I have easily been running 75-77 maps without issue. act 4 was cake walk. I am loving this buikld

Disfavour for president?! :D Glad you're enjoying your build man :) i guess the only downside to using blood magic node is the auras... thats why i only use 2 skills, leapslam and cyclone :P 2 blood magic gems, and its fun :3

But yeah, thanks for commenting :D

"
Disfavour for president?! :D Glad you're enjoying your build man :) i guess the only downside to using blood magic node is the auras... thats why i only use 2 skills, leapslam and cyclone :P 2 blood magic gems, and its fun :3

But yeah, thanks for commenting :D

Yeah it was a tossup for me so I figured I would try it. The buff they gave it seemed perfect for melee builds and I do not regret it. As I said my build is the same principal and I use the same 6L setup but the gear is fairly different. Main thing is I use Daresso's Defiance as my chest over a BoR setup. The constant Endurance charge build up is awesome for surviability and is also a great & easy way to fill up for Immortal Call procs. The extra Dodge & Onslaught is just a bonus. I use a high life helmet with resists. I have thought about maybe trying abyssus but we will see. I won't go that route unless I feel my damage is slacking. I want the toon to feel safe and I have enough extreme dps toons that I don't need to min/max damage. As long as the mobs are dying fast enough I don't really care that I could finish a map a min or 2 faster.
sounds good :)

Video has been added :) Them rips doe, o well ;)

Ripping in a Plateau Map is probably not the best promotion for a Guide. ;)

A couple things:

1. Your skilltree has a closed loop, meaning a wasted skillpoint.
You can remove either the +10 str between 2h damage and +1 max fire or the +10 int above marauder start (right next to "By the Blade").

2. I'm also not a big fan of taking both marauder starts.
There must be something more meaningful to do with the skillpoints saved by taking the life node between "Born to Fight" and "Heart of the Warrior" and removing one of the two starts.
I'd personally remove the 4 damage nodes and take two additional endurance charges.
But that's just personal taste, I guess.

3. Overall, you don't seem to be tanky enough.
Maybe MAX YOUR RESISTS. ;)
Your amulet slot seems to be a weird choice. Maybe you find the two missing resists there.

4. Your armor skillpoints are all wasted atm, your gear does not provide enough flat armor for them to have significant impact.
I dare question the choice of BoR. What does it really do for your build?

5. Wearing a twohanded axe, flat phys on gear like meginords isn't the best choice. I'd rather use a rare rustic sash with RESISTS.

6. Your DpS looks quite low, even though you have massive amounts of damage in the skilltree.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Sep 3, 2015, 6:13:36 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Ripping in a Plateau Map is probably not the best promotion for a Guide. ;)

A couple things:

1. Your skilltree has a closed loop, meaning a wasted skillpoint.
You can remove either the +10 str between 2h damage and +1 max fire or the +10 int above marauder start (right next to "By the Blade").

2. I'm also not a big fan of taking both marauder starts.
There must be something more meaningful to do with the skillpoints saved by taking the life node between "Born to Fight" and "Heart of the Warrior" and removing one of the two starts.
I'd personally remove the 4 damage nodes and take two additional endurance charges.
But that's just personal taste, I guess.

3. Overall, you don't seem to be tanky enough.
Maybe MAX YOUR RESISTS. ;)
Your amulet slot seems to be a weird choice. Maybe you find the two missing resists there.

4. Your armor skillpoints are all wasted atm, your gear does not provide enough flat armor for them to have significant impact.
I dare question the choice of BoR. What does it really do for your build?

5. Wearing a twohanded axe, flat phys on gear like meginords isn't the best choice. I'd rather use a rare rustic sash with RESISTS.

6. Your DpS looks quite low, even though you have massive amounts of damage in the skilltree.

Dat Plateau rip was fun :( Anyway, ill try to reply to each of those.

1, woops, i always tend to do that... i usually forget to save my tree properly in the offline planner :P Ill fix that up now, thanks for pointing that out!

2, Eh, i like taking the marauder starters... i see no issue with it

3, my resistances sucked, i know :P My amulet was the only non-crit amulet i had (such a shame, i know :P)

4, That is true, but i figured getting armour nodes wont hurt since some of my pieces are armour based... and it does increase survivability a bit, which, i dont really mind.

5, Didn't have anything with res... this was my first ever 2.0 build, and i did a huge 500+ ex giveaway before 2.0 to celebrate act 4 and stuff, so, yeah... gathering gear is still something for me :)

6, The DPS ignores bloodlust, and bloodlust is a huge thing with this tree, if you read the guide :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info