Windows 10 broke POE

Just did an absolutely clean install of Windows 10, and installed POE through steam. Upon trying to enter any area besides the towns, I get errors typically composed of "Unable to load resource..." Anyone else get this problem or know how to fix it? I've already verified the cache, there is nothing missing from the game.
Last edited by jdotjdot7 on Jul 30, 2015, 11:11:20 AM
Last bumped on Dec 27, 2017, 7:35:23 AM
Please post the complete and accurate error message.

When seeking support, detailed and accurate information is usually required for assistance.
nvidia just came out with a driver for win10...not sure about amd tho
There are about 10 errors and each is different depending on which zone I am loading into. As I stated earlier, it is unable to load "map resources."
Screenshot and post the errors then if you don't want to type them all out correctly, and can't get the details from the Windows Event/Error logs.

The full actual error is important.
this is not a reply but a add to the first post. i just did a windows 10 update as well and now i can not play Poe at all. it crashes before it even gets loaded. i uninstalled Poe completely and re-installed thru steam and it still crashes. i don't get a error just a box saying path of exile has crashed and reporting to Microsoft. this is the only game i play and now i can't . can someone help me. I will admit i know very little about the running's of this game. but i do know i love playing it even if i do play badly. OK so here are my specifics. i currently have a acer lap top. has nivda graphic drivers. installed windows ten could not play Poe would crash before loading ever happened. tried to remove drivers and re install , to no affect. i need my Poe more than i need windows ten right now. my solution? i uninstalled windows ten. my result i am playing Poe. i am happy. will figure out windows ten at a later time.
Last edited by FlamesWithinIce on Aug 7, 2015, 4:32:00 AM
Need more information! More error details, check event viewer, check PoE logs etc.

BTW Windows 10 didnt break PoE on my PC, so title should be more like: "My specific Win 10 setup broke PoE".
Last edited by Startkabels on Aug 4, 2015, 6:15:43 AM
cant take screenshots for any wird reason...so i made it with my phone, i hope it helps, i have preaty often Client crashes..

Last edited by d3ck3r on Jan 19, 2016, 11:35:21 AM
"
d3ck3r wrote:
cant take screenshots for any wird reason...so i made it with my phone, i hope it helps, i have preaty often Client crashes..

First, you should create your own thread for issues as stated in the "Rules" sticky post.

Second, that error is Audio related. Have you attempted to use the -swa parameter on your launch options or shortcut target?

Don't reply here. Try my suggestion. If it works, great. If not, post your own thread.
I'm having the same exact error as well. Has there been a fix?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info