Questions about duel wielding and reave

Good day ladies and gents, recently I build myself a reaver scion with the mind set of using 2 1H swords to obtain the most dps I can. However, I soon find my build is quite inferior comparing to others reave builds whom use the fake dual wielding mechanic. I am quite new to POE as a whole and I would love to obtain some insight regarding why it is better to fake dual wield (Southpaw - one weapon attacks) comparing to normal dual wield (both weapons attack). Thanks!
There are two main reasons to use fake DW.

1. Price, it's cheaper to buy one good weapon than two.

2. You lose nothing, alternating two identical weapons gives you exactly the same dps as when using only one of them and an unused weapon in off hand, all dual-wield bonuses apply in both cases.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 30, 2015, 11:49:54 AM
"
raics wrote:

2. You lose nothing

this.

Situation 1:
Imagine u have 2 identical 1 handed swords (impossible already unless you have mirrored gear)
100dps each

Since u alternate weapons, your total dps is 100 (ignore DW bonuses since both situations you are dual wielding)

Total dps (100+100)/2 = 100dps

Situation 2:
1 100dps weapon + stat stick

Total dps = (100+0)/1 = 100dps PLUS any stats on the stat stick (resists, crit, culling strike etc)

So the best way to dual wield is to not dual wield at all. Bad design at its finest.
Last edited by whitified on Jul 30, 2015, 1:13:06 PM
see the duplicate thread for more info

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info