Elemental Damage on Bows

When trying to craft a Phys damage Harbinger, I'm sure everybody's noticed how many times they get T1 elemental damage mods (lightning, cold, fire)

So the question is, are there any builds that would use a bow with high elemental damage? Say triple elemental damage rolls + Crit chance + Attack speed?

Not windripper, I mean HARBINGER. Seems such a waste to just re-ALT evertime I see a dual T1...

Wrath + Anger + Double herald's + one of those bows?

Or are those mods totally f'ing useless and annoying when crafting?
Last edited by VixTrader on Jul 30, 2015, 5:38:52 AM
The way you scale elemental damage with a weapon is through attack speed and crit. So for a weapon you will use with an elemental build you want as much attack speed, crit and elemental rolls if you can. Low attack speed weapon even with t1 elemental get out performed by any high attack speed weapon with the same dps (so with lower elemental rolls) because you get most of your elemental damage from auras and gear.

Windripper has all those stats, high attack speed, high crit but low elemental rolls. Still it makes it one of the best endgame option.
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Jul 30, 2015, 5:56:36 AM
It's possible, but I guess a spine bow would be better, you aren't losing much crit chance and it's faster.

It's no wonder you see a lot of elemental rolls, on a high level weapon you got almost 60% chance to get some amount of elemental damage when you roll a prefix.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 30, 2015, 6:03:20 AM
Ya I realize people use Windripper because it has high crit and attack speed, but the elemental damage isn't that great.

It doesn't seem that hard to get a Harbinger with the following:

T1 Lightning
T1 Fire or Cold
T1 Crit chance

Master Crafted Attack Speed + Missing elemental damage

That wouldn't be as good as Windripper?

seems like such a waste to just let all these T1 Ele damage + T1 crit chance go un-regal'd

Regal a few, might accidentally get something pretty nice...
Last edited by VixTrader on Jul 30, 2015, 7:08:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info