Endgame Unique scamming in Tempest

"
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
So, if I were to sell a Shav's (don't have one, but if I had) for 20 fusings, I would be scamming because that price is too low?
I really don't get it.

Nothing wrong with that, but here's the scam:
You take that Shav's and put it on a character on a second account. Probably one you don't actually play. Then you have that guy list it at 20 fuses and have him stay online continuously. You get plenty of interested buyers at that price but you ignore them all.

Now you find another shav's seller with a realistic price and offer him 20 fuses because "look, this guy is selling for that!" Once in a while you might get it, or you might get a seller to back off his price based on the artificially low priced Shav's you have listed with no intentions to sell.

So it only works if the guy you're typing to somehow have his head up his own ass and doesn't think it's a bit sketchy?
Sounds fair to me.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
"
Derpey wrote:

So it only works if the guy you're typing to somehow have his head up his own ass and doesn't think it's a bit sketchy?
Sounds fair to me.

Yes, pretty much all scammers prey on the uninformed. Can't really scam a guy who knows what's going on can you?
Its been going on forever but its getting so popular that most unqiue maps and div cards are being price manipulated, and some of these new bernie madoffs are so dumb/lazy they dont even make dummy accounts. Had a guy offer me half my buyout on a 5L kingsguard saying its listed for that, i looked it up and the guy selling it was the guy trying to buy mine, mentioned it and never heard from him again.
This is simply a side effect of stealing and scamming not being outlawed in PoE and game lacks a real trading system. The uninformed usually bites it especially for those who came from other games (eg wow) where blizzard recovers lost items to hacks/exploit/scam back to the victim.

A lot of players nowadays has never been "scammed' because a lot of game companies out there made it impossible by banning scammer and force restore items to the victim EVEN after the scam has gone thru. When they come to PoE they tend to be careless, and then often they get ripped the shit off.

I was told GGG doesn't outlaw and scam/stealing/hacking and doesn't help the victims completely due to their lack of men power to do a larger scale investigation and if they helped 1 player they will have to help the others. So they decided to not help anyone.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jul 30, 2015, 10:26:30 PM
Yeah but it's not like every single person is putting up their shavs for 20 fusings.. It doesn't take much even for the uninformed to go mmm 20 fusings but here we have 30 of them listed for 15 ex...

Responsibility lies within my friends.

The age old saying if it's too good to be true..

Personally I don't have a huge huge understanding of currency conversion or how to price items correctly. I generally use chaos orbs as my staple which is probably wrong and probably why I have maybe 10 ex on warbands and maybe 50 ex on standard.

"
"
Peterlerock wrote:
In A barter economy, there is nothing wrong with such tricks.
It's not nice, but why should everybody have to be nice?

I'm pretty sure you have quite a bad childhood and I feel sorry for that.

Love,
Bunny

I'm pretty sure you managed to make a baseless and possibly offensive assumption and demonstrate a holier-than-though attitude combined with insufficient understanding.

Love,
Hunny

Ontopic: this thread in a nutshell - people complaining about other people being people
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Jul 31, 2015, 1:37:56 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
slowpoke.png

This has been going on forever.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
The original post is deleted, but I assume it is about sellers pricing items very low and then not selling them, thereby encouraging others to price lower. They then buy those items to flip.

I got scammed by market manipulation into selling stuff too cheap, before I realized what was happening. I think a post on this now and then will make new players aware of what is happening, and therefore be able to make better decisions on pricing.

So every now and then if there is a post on types of scams, it helps get the information out there, and reduces the scammers profits.

Last edited by Suni on Jul 31, 2015, 2:41:16 AM
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
So, if I were to sell a Shav's (don't have one, but if I had) for 20 fusings, I would be scamming because that price is too low?
I really don't get it.

No, its more like you have a shavs. And you think they are worth 20 exalts. So you list your own shavs on poe.trade for 20 fusings. And wait for people who want to sell theirs to check the prices of other shavs, see yours for 20 fusings. And then set their own to sell for 20 fusings.

Thats the point where you swoop in and buy up all the other shavs listed for 20 fusings. And if someone wants to buy yours for 20 fusings, you tell them to F off. Then you simply relist all shavs but one or two for the price that they are actually worth (20 exalts).

This is pretty much the most rampant scamming/flipping tactic used nowdays.
"buyout prices"? if there is no duty to sell it tells you nothing.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info