GGG, any plans to fix fake dual wielding?

"
whitified wrote:
Which is why i suggest: WARNING: EXTREMELY UNPOPULAR OPINION
removing the 20% more physical attack damage and 15% attack speed if you cannot alternate weapons, or use both weapons, for any specific attack.

It's popular over here, I suggested the same a few times. Remove offensive bonus if you don't actually use both weapons and keep the block chance.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 30, 2015, 5:58:18 AM
I'm with you on this, OP!
It just feels wrong.
IGN: Scordalia_
I hereby place a permanent moratorium on the phrase "Huge slap in the face".
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
I agree with op.

I dont mind people using the mechanics as they are currently, but the dw bonuses should not be in effect if you don't in fact dw.
Well, i must say im a little surprise i wasn't flamed into oblivion yet!

Its nice to know there are people who feel the same way about weird mechanics (instead of just going flavour of the month and flaming anyone who suggests otherwise)

Now we just need a yellow post... come on GGG
"
sidtherat wrote:

Cyclone
Blood magic gem
Fake dual wielding

none of these things are in any way broken or in need of a fix. cyclone has been over nerfed, its outclassed by other melee skills now like reave. Even the old cyclone wasnt as good as reave is now before they took of the initial pulse, lowered its aoe and gave it a minimum distance.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Jul 30, 2015, 11:32:48 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
whitified wrote:
removing the 20% more physical attack damage and 15% attack speed if you cannot alternate weapons, or use both weapons, for any specific attack.

It's popular over here, I suggested the same a few times. Remove offensive bonus if you don't actually use both weapons and keep the block chance.

why? youre giving up a shield to do it. Its just 1 less way to play the game if u nerf it, one more interesting thing destroyed because.... yeah theres no real reason. Its not overpowered, theyre not even great builds for the most, just a budget thing that produces somewhat adequate characters that are far outclassed by proper shield versions.
Probably half of all character ideas I've come up with while playing this game has included some kind of 'fake' dual wielding.

There are many unique items and some skill tree nodes that help enable this also, so it appears that GGG is clearly aware and actually likes that it's an available option. Essentially, there's nothing to 'fix'.

OP, don't hate on melee options. There's very little left as there is!
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
whitified wrote:

why? youre giving up a shield to do it. Its just 1 less way to play the game if u nerf it, one more interesting thing destroyed because.... yeah theres no real reason. Its not overpowered, theyre not even great builds for the most, just a budget thing that produces somewhat adequate characters that are far outclassed by proper shield versions.

It's a personal thing this time, if something makes no sense, the reasons for it must be really good to overcome the awesome power of dry logic.

Similar situation to spell totem having 'less damage' and trap support having 'more trap damage', I know why it was made that way, the reasoning is good and I consider it justified, but it makes zero sense and there's no helping it.

And I consider the argument behind trap-totem thing better than the diversity one which is about the only thing going for fake DW. Especially because it's very flimsy, removing fake DW wouldn't disable DW Reave or whatever as a build, it will just be more expensive.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 30, 2015, 12:06:12 PM
if you actually fight dual wielding with 2 different types of weapon in real life how do you fight? If you have say a really short sword and a long sword, or a sword + dagger, do you alternate hits with them constantly? I feel like youd use your longer bladed weapon for the majority of attacking with the other to block with and take occasional very close stabs. Taking alternating hits with each weapon continuously doesnt seem like it would be THE go to way to fight with 2 weapons, might happen in some situations but theres absolutely situations where the second weapon is going to have a utility type roll. As an attempt to model something real I feel like its a legit thing no?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info