GGG, any plans to fix fake dual wielding?

idk im probably gonna get flamed for this opinion considering how popular fake dual wielding is nowadays but are there any plans to fix this?

I can't be the only one who finds it weird as hell that the best way to dual wield now is to hit with one weapon and not hit with the other weapon (eg. reave with sword + stat stick axe) or in other words, the best way to dual wield is to not dual wield at all

Its like a huge slap in the face to all the real dual wielding fans like me who has been attacking with both hands since the beginning of time and now find ourselves handicapping our own dps because we want to, you know, actually dual wield.
Looks like someone doesn't like ZiggyD much.

Honestly all I have to say is grow up and mind your own business. Play how you want, don't force people to play how you think is 'right'.

~Az
"
AnimatedGamer wrote:

Honestly all I have to say is grow up and mind your own business. Play how you want, don't force people to play how you think is 'right'.

~Az

except when it affects my dps

EDIT: on a less cynical note, if someone used your exact same skill, exact same gem setup and gear and exact same passive tree, but managed to scam the system of an extra 5%-10% MORE dps, because they are, you know, actually NOT dual wielding, would you not be unhappy too? :) just saying
Last edited by whitified on Jul 30, 2015, 2:38:09 AM
The game isn't about your DPS, its about playing how you want to play. If you want to play with 2 weapons, have at it. Just because you don't have the currency to support 2 good ones is no ones' fault but yours. If DPS is all you care about, then southpaw it up. If you love wielding 2 swords/daggers/etc, then accept the fact that you need 2 swords/daggers/etc.

Seriously not trying to be overbearingly belittling, but you are basically complaining that you have to support 2 weapons for a DW build, and that's somehow anyone else's problem but yours.

~Az
"
AnimatedGamer wrote:

~Az

Ehmm.... What?

@OP, DW has been pretty shite since always. The fact that my Cyclone DPS gets cut in more than half when I equip a worse weapon (instead of a shield) in my off-hand is actually pretty funny.

I'm a huge fan of DW, but it just doesn't work in PoE, at all. I've been gone for ~1.5 year and DW is still in the exact same spot with no indication of its improval, sadly.
Path of exile is practically FORGED on using mechanics to your benefit. This is like saying pre-2.0 people were cheap for using LMP/GMP to shotgun and do more DPS over actual damage buff support gems. How is that anyone's problem, except yours? Don't like doing lower DPS? Use what is readily available to you. Elsewise, live with the way the game is and let people play how you REFUSE to.

~Az
"
AnimatedGamer wrote:
The game isn't about your DPS, its about playing how you want to play. If you want to play with 2 weapons, have at it. Just because you don't have the currency to support 2 good ones is no ones' fault but yours. If DPS is all you care about, then southpaw it up. If you love wielding 2 swords/daggers/etc, then accept the fact that you need 2 swords/daggers/etc.

Seriously not trying to be overbearingly belittling, but you are basically complaining that you have to support 2 weapons for a DW build, and that's somehow anyone else's problem but yours.

~Az

I understand your point, but i hope you see mine as well. If someone managed to find a way to maximize dps through other means, it would be fine, but dual wielding with a fake weapon just seems to me like its not what GGG intended.

Thats all i'm doing, asking GGG if this is what they intended dual wielding to be. And I cross my fingers that its not :)
I can't imagine any game developer going "AHH YES, we want dual wielding to be about whacking the enemy with just one weapon. Exactly what we wanted."
"
whitified wrote:
"
AnimatedGamer wrote:

~Az

EDIT: on a less cynical note, if someone used your exact same skill, exact same gem setup and gear and exact same passive tree, but managed to scam the system of an extra 5%-10% MORE dps, because they are, you know, actually NOT dual wielding, would you not be unhappy too? :) just saying

The whole point of "fake" dual wielding is cost effectiveness. in order for dual wielding to be good, you have to have TWO, not just one good, high end weapon, which makes the cost of the build sky rocket. Also, by having the "stat stick," far more interesting things are able to happen such as the ability to gain onslaught virtually on kill. The meta has shifted bud, that's how all games work. Evolve, or be left behind.

Edit: You also have to keep in mind that "fake" dual wielding only works with a select few skills. if you try and do it with any other skill than those select few such as reave cleave, and ground slam, you end up hurting your dps horrifically.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
Last edited by Rowanbladex on Jul 30, 2015, 2:47:08 AM
"
tinko92 wrote:
"
AnimatedGamer wrote:

~Az

Ehmm.... What?

@OP, DW has been pretty shite since always. The fact that my Cyclone DPS gets cut in more than half when I equip a worse weapon (instead of a shield) in my off-hand is actually pretty funny.

I'm a huge fan of DW, but it just doesn't work in PoE, at all. I've been gone for ~1.5 year and DW is still in the exact same spot with no indication of its improval, sadly.

He's complaining about Southpaw Reave Ranger, and builds of similar fashion, which take advantage of DW mechanic but force it to only use one weapon. I'm sure you understand this, but you seemed confused. But again, there's nothing wrong with that. Play pretty much any ARPG out there and you will find similar situations where yes, magically in fact, you need 2 good weapons to do good DW DPS. It is not rocket science by any stretch of the imagination.

~Az
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
"
whitified wrote:
"
AnimatedGamer wrote:

~Az

The whole point of "fake" dual wielding is cost effectiveness. in order for dual wielding to be good, you have to have TWO, not just one good, high end weapon, which makes the cost of the build sky rocket. Also, by having the "stat stick," far more interesting things are able to happen such as the ability to gain onslaught virtually on kill. The meta has shifted bud, that's how all games work. Evolve, or be left behind.

Edit: You also have to keep in mind that "fake" dual wielding only works with a select few skills. if you try and to it with any other skill than those select few such as reave cleave, and ground slam, you end up hurting your dps horrifically.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

~Az

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info