Game keeps crashing. I get exceptions

So I started playing about a week back. Act 1 I crashed a couple of times but no biggy. Now act 2 I can't go more then 2-3 zones and it crashes. It's only in between zones while loading. I just crashed now, error is

Exception

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code 8 Offset 1769996288 Size:15693495

I click ok,

Exception

"Metadata/Characters/StrDexInt/StrDexInt.ao": Unable to MapvViewOfFile in Mapchunk. Offset and size same numbers as above"

Click Ok through 2 similiar messages then get

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.

Runtime Error!

Program : C:\Program File....

This application has requested a runtime to terminate it an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information.

Then it closes.

Help?

Are you running 32-bit Windows or have less than 4GB of memory?
"
Nick_mi wrote:
So I started playing about a week back. Act 1 I crashed a couple of times but no biggy. Now act 2 I can't go more then 2-3 zones and it crashes. It's only in between zones while loading. I just crashed now, error is

Exception

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code 8 Offset 1769996288 Size:15693495

I click ok,

Exception

"Metadata/Characters/StrDexInt/StrDexInt.ao": Unable to MapvViewOfFile in Mapchunk. Offset and size same numbers as above"

Click Ok through 2 similiar messages then get

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.

Runtime Error!

Program : C:\Program File....

This application has requested a runtime to terminate it an unusual way.
Please contact the applications support team for more information.

Then it closes.

Help?

You should read this. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/554733
I get the same "Exception" errors and the same Visual C++ errors.

Since the 2.0.0i hotfix, I can't play the game for more than 2 minutes before it crashes. It is not a temperature issue, the game doesn't even run long enough to heat my system.
The same with me, becuse patch was forced to stop playing game - windows freezes after each game crash & force me to restart PC.

I love POE, but play became impossible...
Deactivating EVGA Precision X solved the problem for me. It's latest version is incompatible with PoE.
Sorry for the lack of response. Family emergency happened :(. I have 2mb of ram, and I don't believe I have EVGA Precision X? I did upload my video drivers manually, and I think that helped SLIGHTLY but I'm not sure.
Bump. I'm up to level 30, but this is infuriating. It's about to make me quit :(
Maybe try re-installing the VC redistributables?

e.g. from PoE installation folder /_CommonRedist/vcredist/2010

32bit = install vcredist_x86.exe
64bit = install both

So I did that? Though I couldn't find it in my install folder, I searched that file and found it. but it was last used in 2011 and it seems it installed a 2008 version? When I went to play I thought it fixed it, I made it through about 8 loading screens or so but then I crashed. again. (Normally I make it from 2-5 load screens before a crash)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info