looking for help from an experienced player

Hi,

i´m playing a bow ranger that uses split arrow (Tornado shot) as primary skill
frenzy as single target
(following neversinks build)

a COH with assasins mark and herald of ice

and a 3 link cwdt - ic - ec
(i know i have to use EC manually)

i´m lvl 68 now and just entered act 4 merciless.

it was a good ride till now :)

i´m dying to often!

what should i do?

i just bought the belt for 1 alch (thought that 22% phys is good)

This is my gear:

i have to say that upgading my gear is very hard, because it seems that 1 chaos is the price of everything :) i have a total of 2 chaos :) so i´m poor.

what should i do now? never was so high lvl in poe so i don´t know how to progress.

i need more defence, the dmg is ok... doing 4700 with split arrow unbuffed. and have +100% on close range.

but for defense... i have nearly caped resis but only 2850 evasion.

which gear to upgrade next?

i tried to find a glove (4s 4l with 2green and 2 blue) -> only 1 for 1c
thought of updating the quiver, but i think the one i have is quite good?!?

also, i don´t make any money from trading
here is my shop:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1347340

i know some things are garbage, but not all, and my prices are low i think.
but i only sold a 5l for 1 alch.

any tipps on trading?
Last edited by Cador2 on Jul 29, 2015, 1:35:48 PM
I would get out of act 4 merc! An undergeared and low lvl character has no place there. If you can farm the dried lake that is fine but no reason to go farther. Also, 68-69 maps woild be great experience at that level or even docks in a3. Congrats on reaching this far but I would pull it back a bit.
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Jul 29, 2015, 2:12:49 PM
it's unnecessary to run act 4 past the crystal caves waypoint. get deshret's soul in mines level 2 for your free passive point and then start mapping 68-72s until you get better gear and hit level 80+
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
I thought Dried Lake is now the new Dock and you can grind in there until mid 70's.

TC it really depends on where you get stuck. You should be able to do all the way to the wp without any issue at all. DPS + AOE will basically solve all the issue here. Koam and Daresso can run once and if you die in there often I found that adding more LoH and leech usually does the job for most of my builds in closed beta test. I did die at Daresso fight a few times but that is because I was stubborn and refuse to portal out. Anyway those are definitely do-able and shouldn't feel like a wall.

Entering Belly is a completely different story for me. I have builds that passed everything before that with ease but once into belly I get constant OHKO.

If I were you I would do lake and when bore or got enough maps then start doing chisel maps and slowly build up. Even now at 80 I can clear belly all the way to Piety easily I still found that doing lake run is better than doing belly run and more rewarding somehow.

I'm actually playing a quite similar tornado shot build.
There are some things you should really look into:
- You don't have enough life on your gear! Especially on your Gloves, your right Ring, your Amulet(you don't need Projectile Speed!), your Boots and your Belt. You don't need a rustic sash, the 20% phys is unnecessary since you will do enough dmg. you should get something like

instead to up your life and res for cheap. There should be easy upgrades at max. 1 chaos each for every of your slots!
- 4-link your Helmet (with Vorici for 5 fuses)! It's a pretty decent piece and you can put your single target (Frenzy) in there with some support gems to deal way more damage.
- don't use Blood Rage (yet)! I can understand it feels mandatory for you but it got a lot weaker due to the leech changes. Often it will not be worth the 4% degen/sec for you, especially since you are using Frenzy for Charges anyway. You should instead get the leech passive wheel down your skilltree (near Duelist Area).
- Your bow might be good enough for now, but for Split Arrow/Tornado Shot you will need a good rare bow, since you usually want to stay away from your enemies to not get killed too often.

I consider myself quite experienced in playing Ranger, so if you need ingame help, just whisper me @Kyrell

I hope that helped :)

Edit: typo
IGN: Kyrell
Last edited by Giveitall on Jul 29, 2015, 2:37:40 PM
It is also quite easy to make sone decent currency can usually farm close to an exalt a day by playing a couple hours pick up all rates do your unid chaos recipe if ur looking for more guaranteed currency and exchange currency for exalts like alts and chromes and such for money to upgrade your gear more as needed

Also don't really agree with straying away from the rustic sash its quite cheap to get a decent one with a couple resists and a nice chunk of health the 20%+ phys that u get from them is alot to give up on a phys damage dealer which equates to more damage and more leech with are both also formidable forms of supplemental defense. Just my thoughts. Good luck.
KS...
Last edited by shadvec on Jul 29, 2015, 5:51:39 PM
hi,

thx everyone for the help!

i will start to do some maps and perhaps use the unided chaos recipe.

also changing some of my gear after finding/making some chaos :)

at least a little luck:

Last edited by Cador2 on Jul 30, 2015, 9:06:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info