Have some questions for my Pyre+Glacial Hammer+Ice Crash build

So far it has been a rock solid build. I leap slam into groups, ice crash, and then glacial hammer any tougher enemies without too much problems.

Right now i am working on getting better life/resist gear due to my use of required uniques(Marohi, Kingsguard, and Pyre). However considering my passives will i be able to hit 4k or 5k life with good gear? Or do i need to rethink a bit of my passive tree to accomplish this?

Here is my gear :

And my passive tree :
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEBBg4Jlgn2DF8NzRT2GS4aPhynHM4hNCftKS4rUC3SMfs0jjkOOuE8LT0PPfxBP1BHUeZTpVcNWGNZ818_Z5toZXKpfLh82X_jggeDX4PMhjuMz5HOlIeWbJd5m1iexZ8-rKqvp7Qvtz677cQVxFjE9sauxtjSIdR81I_Yvdl837LkUeoY7w7xrPIv8kHyRfOb9kj3Mv4K_lQ=

My build focuses on fire/phys damage/RT(so i dont have to worry about accuracy) with fast end charge generation. With the constant generation i can proc immortal call every 3 seconds for a 500 heal on top of my regen/hp and resists. So far defensively i don't really die much at all. It works well.

But i am really worried about later content. I know i need a lot more hp to survive and capped resists. I am currently sitting at 2.5 k hp which i know isn't enough.

As i mentioned though i am working on getting better gear so the amulet, gloves, boots,ring, and belt will be replaced as soon as possible(which is why i didn't link the ring and amulet, they are that bad lol).

I also intend to 5 link both the Marohi and the Kingsguard as soon as possible. My luck on gear and linking has just been terrible so yeah lol Doing what i can.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Also currently sitting at 7.8k dps for glacial hammer and 3.8k for ice crash.
Last edited by Steelgrey666 on Jul 29, 2015, 10:53:05 AM
"
Steelgrey666 wrote:
I know i need a lot more hp to survive and capped resists. I am currently sitting at 2.5 k hp which i know isn't enough.

With the gear you have, this should be higher anyways. I don't think Kingsguard is worth using for your build with your slow attack speed meaning slow charge generation. You would be better suited using Enduring Cry for charges in most cases.

Are you having issues with mana? I don't see much mana leech or tree support for mana (usually blood magic support is the best path in the first place for melee)

Lastly as a word of support, I don't think it makes sense to use Glacial Hammer with Pyre since you remove its main perk, freeze and chill.

I revised your tree to assume removal of Pyre and that IC will be used for AOE, GC for single.

TREE
"
conqMax wrote:
"
Steelgrey666 wrote:
I know i need a lot more hp to survive and capped resists. I am currently sitting at 2.5 k hp which i know isn't enough.

With the gear you have, this should be higher anyways. I don't think Kingsguard is worth using for your build with your slow attack speed meaning slow charge generation. You would be better suited using Enduring Cry for charges in most cases.

Are you having issues with mana? I don't see much mana leech or tree support for mana (usually blood magic support is the best path in the first place for melee)

Lastly as a word of support, I don't think it makes sense to use Glacial Hammer with Pyre since you remove its main perk, freeze and chill.

I revised your tree to assume removal of Pyre and that IC will be used for AOE, GC for single.

TREE

Actually I get very fast charge generation due to end charge on stun and I already use enduring cry. So I have both running so my end generation is a non issue. I have no issues getting all 5 of charges between each 3 seconds before IC goes off again.

And sorry Pyre is part of my build i have zero intention of removing it. It would defeat the purpose of the whole build.

Also with glacial hammer converted to fire it does indeed ignite and do pretty solid fire damage.The reason for its use is to take advantage of Pyre in order to give me a single attack based on fire. Sure I have molten strike as an option but I rather not use it.

Thank you for your input regardless. I just need advice to help with getting my hp up.
"
Steelgrey666 wrote:
"
conqMax wrote:
"
Steelgrey666 wrote:

TREE

Actually I get very fast charge generation due to end charge on stun and I already use enduring cry. So I have both running so my end generation is a non issue. I have no issues getting all 5 of charges between each 3 seconds before IC goes off again.

And sorry Pyre is part of my build i have zero intention of removing it. It would defeat the purpose of the whole build.

Also with glacial hammer converted to fire it does indeed ignite and do pretty solid fire damage.The reason for its use is to take advantage of Pyre in order to give me a single attack based on fire. Sure I have molten strike as an option but I rather not use it.

Thank you for your input regardless. I just need advice to help with getting my hp up.

Review the tree, then. It's still a solid direction regardless of what attack you plan on using. GC's main benefit is the freeze, you're hurting your damage with trying to use RT + ignite(pyre), though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info