Tormented Sadist?

What? No!

I killed that spirit before Torment was even released!

Why do you haunt me spirit? WHY?

Spoiler
The Sadist and the Conspirator were our two test spirits, which we used to flesh out the Torment mechanics.

The Sadist had a lightning theme that was eventually re-used for the Storm Cultist, and the Conspirator was meant to have a buffing aura of some kind. We liked the flavour of the Conspirator a lot, but we could never fully agree on what would be a good mechanic set for it.

They were disabled from appearing once we started getting a few of the spirits you see on the final roster up and running, but never actually deleted.

This isn't the first time one of those have come back to haunt me though - on the very first day of Torment I spotted a conspirator while levelling in Riverways.

I quickly got in touch with the people at the office, and we discovered that the commit to disable them hadn't been included in the live version of the patch.

We fixed it quickly, and just kind of hoped nobody else noticed. Statistically, I can't have been the only one who encountered one that day though.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
Anseth wrote:
Thanks a lot for the answer Dan, but why did the spirit decide to come back now?

Good question. I'll find out tomorrow, but until then I'm assuming revenge.

"
Along the lines of never implemented game elements.

Have you guys ever considered releasing a one month league of just unused content? I'm sure there's a lot of broken things laying around in the databases waiting to rip players a new one.

The problem here is that unused content is generally broken, unfun, half-implemented or all of the above, otherwise it'd have been used the first time around. It might be interesting to show some of this stuff, but I don't think it'd be an interesting one-month league.

We do have an unused prototype mechanic for the league that became Tempest lying around which needs a bit of exploring though. I think it's got potential. Just not potential that fit in Tempest.

Overall I'd prefer to revisit those ideas in new forms, to fit what we're currently doing where possible.

"
Kreaper_669 wrote:
or one hour invasion bosses everywhere lol

We have the stats to do it, but do we dare?
Gameplay & Level Design
"
Serleth wrote:
"
Dan_GGG wrote:
We have the stats to do it, but do we dare?

Do you dare to get free pizza delivered if you follow up and make this happen?

You don't have to bribe me with free Pizza to do this.

...but it helps :)

EDIT: Oh no, I just saw this thread after getting home and I realised I didn't delete those spirits for good. Someone remind me on Monday or I'll never be rid of them!
Gameplay & Level Design
Last edited by Dan_GGG on Jul 31, 2015, 7:12:09 AM
You guys asked for it:

"
GGG_Neon wrote:
Version 2.0.2

Tempest Content & Balance:
  • Added 1 new Tempest Suffix: of Incursion - Adds 10 Invasion Bosses.
Gameplay & Level Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info