Do players play POE after leagues end?

The notion of playing PoE (or any other game) constantly, without pause, is silly. You'll burn out. Even though I take frequent breaks from the game, I always come back, either because a new challenge league has actually inspired me to play, or for race season. Otherwise, PoE is something I can pick up any time.

Speaking of racing, that's another facet of this issue. Aside from the inescapably repetitive nature of racing, it can be a refreshing change of pace, and the prizes dun hurt, either. I was skeptical when the first void League formats were implemented (after all, who wants to play, only to forfeit all their loot?), but are now some of my favorites. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:

Speaking of racing, that's another facet of this issue. Aside from the inescapably repetitive nature of racing, it can be a refreshing change of pace, and the prizes dun hurt, either. I was skeptical when the first void League formats were implemented (after all, who wants to play, only to forfeit all their loot?), but are now some of my favorites. =^[.]^=

I felt the same way. The descents are now my faves too ^_^. Also, you're already at 125 pts this season?! Holy shit, GZ man!!!
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Only play the temporary leagues. Minimum 1 week leagues for my taste :)
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:

I felt the same way. The descents are now my faves too ^_^. Also, you're already at 125 pts this season?! Holy shit, GZ man!!!

What can I say? Spottikitteh lurves racing! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
most poe players are in standard league.
they play temp leagues and always come back to standard.
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ Another day in path of plenty.
Never played standard, never will. The rhythm of temp leagues is perfect for me, I reach 85-90lvl with few characters/builds, and at this point I am already bored with the game. At this point I'll focus on other stuff and then come back for new temp leagues.
Last edited by Smerte on Jul 29, 2015, 6:48:35 PM
It's a great time/place to try wild ideas between leagues. I'll often use an old respec character to explore key-nodes that I might not be able to reach in regular league play.

Playing in the sandbox is the thing I've always loved most about PoE. :)
I only play Standard.

On a few occasions I've seen something in a temp League that looked interesting. In those cases I would level a character to 40 or 50 or 60 to check it out. But I have no interest in spending dedicated time in a temp League.

Standard is always busy. And anything good in a temp League will get added to Standard after the temp League ends.

Level Masters in a temp League? Uh.. NO.
Last edited by Qiox on Jul 29, 2015, 7:43:19 PM
"
Qiox wrote:

Level Masters in a temp League? Uh.. NO.

Even though I only play temp leagues, I gotta agree with u on that one.

Leveling masters to 7/8 again is painful and slow.
Standard is always full of players. I love playing in Standard; I feel I have the most flexibility there to create the builds I want to play. Since I only get to play a handful of hours per week, its also the only way I can build any sort of wealth. Everything but the most cherished unique or gg rares are dirt cheap, so I can usually afford gear to experiment with.

When a new league starts, I usually play the SC league for a few weeks, if only to see if I can pick up a few decent items to sell before everybody levels so high they don't ant any of the crap I want to sell. Before too long I get bored and want to revisit my toy in standard, and I always end up back there before too long. I've already given up on Warbands. Having to re-level masters is a real pain.
- here's my sig

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info