100% Ignite Flame Blast aka. "Screen Burner" - [Videos][Cheap]

Flame Blast "Screen Burner" - 100% Ignite - 220-249% increased Burning Dmg!

Pros & Cons
Spoiler
PROS:
+ 100% to ignite
+ 220-249% increased burning Dmg
+ 23-42% Fire Penetration
+ MoM
+ ULTRA CHEAP (~10chaos!)
+ 3 Jewel Slots

CONS:
- stationary casting
- sometimes kiting is required

Gameplay:
Spoiler
General Gameplay
1. Cast Flametotem
2. Start Casting Flameblast
3. Watch the surving enemies burning to death!
4. Repeat

Strongboxes
1. Cast Flametotem
2. Use Vaal FlameBlast
3. Open Strongbox
4. Lightning Warp out of it
5. Collect

Mechanics:
Spoiler
20-27% Ignite from Gear
95-105% Burning Dmg from Gear
25-49% chance to ignite from Gem
40-59% increased burning Gmg
Total Chance to Ignite 45-86% (+25% from the tree)
Total Increased Burning Dmg 135-164% (+85% from the tree)
Total 23-42% Fire Penetration (including 5% from the Tree)

"Ignite/Burning Gear" (~10c - 45-81% chance to Ignite)
Spoiler

1 chaos

1 chaos

1 chaos

4 chaos

1 chaos (bought it a few weeks back for around 10c - it was the cheapest that time)

Total 8 chaos 20-27% Ignite 95-105% Burning Dmg from Gear
-----------
+ chance to ignite 25-49%
+ increased burning dmg 40-59%

Total Chance to Ignite 45-81%
Total Increased Burning Dmg 135-164% (+85% from the tree)

Gem Setup:
Spoiler

Searing Touch - still playing with 4L myself!
FlameBlast + Chance to Ignite + Faster Casting + Fire Penetration (+ Increased Burning Dmg + Increased/Reduced AoE)

4L - Strongbox killer :)
Vaal FlameBlast + Chance to Ignite + Fire Penetration + Increased Burning Dmg

4L - Dmg Add Ignites enemys for 25% dmg increase
Flame Totem + Faster Casting + Fire Penetration + Minion and Totem Ele Resistance

4L - Movement
Lightning Warp + Faster Casting + Less Duration + Free Gemslot

4L - Auras/Golem
Artic Armor + Clarity + Flame Golem + Minion and Totem Ele Resistance

Jewels
Spoiler
I´m Currenlty using those:
and a rare 10% increased dmg / 15% increased fire dmg / 8% all res

Current Tree - 101 Points - Level 80
Current Gear:
Spoiler

Planned Tree - 106 Points - Level 85

Video:
Chanced Tunnel Map

Gear Improvement:
Since we can reach more than 100% chance to ignite you can swap out some of the items depending on how much over the cap you are. MF is a possibility if you swap out Boots or 1 Ring. You dont have to go for 100% ignite chance but I´m a lazy guy! :D

Thx in advance! Feel Free to comment!

Changelog:
Spoiler

- Small Changes Made to the Gemsetup
- Viable State
- Changed the whole "guide"
- Added Picture
- Formatting
- Appearance
- Added Video
- Added Gear Improvements
Last edited by XRacKS on Sep 18, 2015, 12:29:55 PM
With the Elemental Proliferation nerf the clear speed will be far worse than the previous patch, it can work but wont be as good as it was before
IGN: crazyjake, ,BadAndAngry
"
crazyjake wrote:
With the Elemental Proliferation nerf the clear speed will be far worse than the previous patch, it can work but wont be as good as it was before

thx for the headsup... im aiming for a bigginner build so if its turn out to be viable im fine :)
Currently I have a lv 52 Flame blast templar and it works really well so far.

My overall concept is this:

Use Flameblast as 6 link (chance to ignite, faster casting, fire penetration, increased AOE, 6th I dont know yet, maybe increased burn damage, empower, or reduced mana cost, maybe even concentrated effect if your AOE is big enough) Unfortunatly spell echo does not work, keep this in mind.

Stack as much fire/elemental damage as possible, as it scales burn twofold(initial hit and burn damage, which scales from initial hit), therefore a good rare 20% elemental damage szepter is king. Also get both AOE cluster. You want your AOE to expand as fast as possible(=faster casting X AOE) With chance to ignite support gem and some Fire passive skills I think your chance to ignite is sufficient

Ignite is against single target enemies and is useful against reflect as you can scale down your damage

defense: Armor and HP, as templar has best starting point and you probably want HP for the stun resistance, as you have to channel your cast for some time(1-1,5 sec) and insta heal with flasks.
Also you can use a shield and even spend some points on block

Leveling up this character was INCREDIBLE easy, as it oneshots rares and ~3shots act bosses...
However, fire resistance of enemies is a big counter against the burn, therefore fire penetration is extremly important.
Maps where enemies are fire resistant AND curse immune are the biggest pain, however, the initial hit of flame blast will still remain strong as the maximum fire resistance of enemies will be ~40%.

I wonder why people are so crazy about flame blast and elemental proliferation? In my opinion Flame blast and ele prolif have one of the worst synergies of skills in the game... Even before the huge nerf of ele prolif I wonder what good this support gem is on flameblast?

Before the ele prolif nerf I had it on fireball and there it made sense, because you applied huge AOE to a single target spell.
Last edited by ExiledRenor on Jul 30, 2015, 7:15:05 AM
"
ExiledRenor wrote:
Currently I have a lv 52 Flame blast templar and it works really well so far.

My overall concept is this:

Use Flameblast as 6 link (chance to ignite, faster casting, fire penetration, increased AOE, 6th I dont know yet, maybe increased burn damage, empower, or reduced mana cost, maybe even concentrated effect if your AOE is big enough) Unfortunatly spell echo does not work, keep this in mind.

Stack as much fire/elemental damage as possible, as it scales burn twofold(initial hit and burn damage, which scales from initial hit), therefore a good rare 20% elemental damage szepter is king. Also get both AOE cluster. You want your AOE to expand as fast as possible(=faster casting X AOE) With chance to ignite support gem and some Fire passive skills I think your chance to ignite is sufficient

Ignite is against single target enemies and is useful against reflect as you can scale down your damage

defense: Armor and HP, as templar has best starting point and you probably want HP for the stun resistance, as you have to channel your cast for some time(1-1,5 sec) and insta heal with flasks.
Also you can use a shield and even spend some points on block

Leveling up this character was INCREDIBLE easy, as it oneshots rares and ~3shots act bosses...
However, fire resistance of enemies is a big counter against the burn, therefore fire penetration is extremly important.
Maps where enemies are fire resistant AND curse immune are the biggest pain, however, the initial hit of flame blast will still remain strong as the maximum fire resistance of enemies will be ~40%.

I wonder why people are so crazy about flame blast and elemental proliferation? In my opinion Flame blast and ele prolif have one of the worst synergies of skills in the game... Even before the huge nerf of ele prolif I wonder what good this support gem is on flameblast?

Before the ele prolif nerf I had it on fireball and there it made sense, because you applied huge AOE to a single target spell.

thx for the tips and the long reply!
ok curse is a must have updating my gem setup accordingly:
im not planning on using a 5-6l because i want an easy and cheap selffound character more for beginner (i like to test concepts) therefor ei try to reach 100% ignite chance in order to ignite all the enemies like pre 2.0.

thx again for your input!
Bump! Rewoked and changed a lot! Have fun guys!

Flameblast is still viable :D
any vidz? :)
"
eternalbeat wrote:
any vidz? :)

i can upload vids in the next few days ;) mb towmorrow or the day after that ^^
would you be willing to add a section for recommendations for upgrades to gear and such?
-update-
video added
gear improvements added

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info