Graphical option crash

Anytime i try to change resolution or change fullscreen to windowed i get "failed resetting direct3d device objects"

Changing settings in config file has same result. I updated my dx, verified file on steam, tried to delete config file, running dx setup from poe folder...nothing helps.

Only way i managed to get into stable windowed mode is by pressing alt+enter, but then window size changes to 800x600 or somethings small like that, trying to resize it crashes with same error.

specs:

gtx770, fx8350, win7

Update: Managed to get 1600x900 windowed screen using ingame options, anything higher then that crashes the game

Update2: Friend with radeon card has same issue.
Last edited by Phlexx on Jul 29, 2015, 10:00:02 AM
Do you run multiple monitors?

If so, try setting the monitor to the other device in the video options.
No i dont, also in settings poe recognizes my card correctly.
This happens to me as well, but i have found the cause - i have in my drivers some tweaks for Direct3d through external app (in my case RadeonPRO).

Are you running any override settings in your drivers? Or using tools like RivaTuner or other driver settings manager with app profiles? I would suggest to check first those.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
I have GeForce experience and Nvidia control panel, but they dont have PoE listed at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info