[2.2] [Video] The Iron Reave - 100k DPS Crit Duel Wield Block Iron Reflex Reaver

Having alot of fun with the build so far @ 77, doing maps is great with really nice clear speed. I just seem to have alot of trouble with the big map bosses (the ones that have their own room). Would you have any tips on how to tackle these encounters?

thanks!
"
PhillyB wrote:
Having alot of fun with the build so far @ 77, doing maps is great with really nice clear speed. I just seem to have alot of trouble with the big map bosses (the ones that have their own room). Would you have any tips on how to tackle these encounters?

thanks!

Some bosses are just plain stupid for Melee imho. (Temple Piety beeing the worst offender imho)

If the bosses deal mostly elemental damage, change your Granite Flask for a fitting Ele Resit Flask.

Avoid attacks with whirling blades and keep up your fortify while evading.

For bosses with big AoE Spam attacks that can´t be evaded by player skill its mostly a HP and DPS check.

Go straight in with Atziri Flask up for maximum DPS, attack as long as your flasks allow for then whirl away to refill flasks. (Mobs or just Portal)

If you have any specific Boss in mind i can make a video of the boss kill if i have the map and its a boss that i think i can do well, so feel free to ask.
Current Builds:
All in one Thread until i make new Guides
poeurl.com/c4vT
Hi,

i am playing this build as a Ranger with a sword and not claw with those two weapons:
Spoiler
Using Deaths Hand, so i can switch out assasins mark as you said. i choosed to use "Graceful Assault" in the passive tree to get onslaught as well to get high evasion rating and attackspeed
Passive Tree:

i am currently lvl 82. Do you have any advice for my passive tree i could put the next passive points in? or some advice what i could change?

Rest of my Gear:
Spoiler

ty
pls cut the shitty Sirusboss out of the game
"
Anabasis37 wrote:
Hi,

i am playing this build as a Ranger with a sword and not claw with those two weapons:
Spoiler
Using Deaths Hand, so i can switch out assasins mark as you said. i choosed to use "Graceful Assault" in the passive tree to get onslaught as well to get high evasion rating and attackspeed

This build also is with swords, not with claws...

But thx for pointing out the Gracefull assault Cluster! Did not notice this until now, looks really great!

For your tree and next points:

First switch the Frenzy Duration nodes over to the other side and get Cloth&Chain.

Its a really big boost to your Armour with Iron Reflexes!

Get Blade Barrier, its 7% Block Chance for only 3 Points and you get a little damage on top.

Then Revenge of the hunted for more Life, Armour and some Damage.

That would be enough points for lvl 91.

For your Gear: Pleas switch the carnage heart for a amulet with Critchance, crit multi and physical damage. Even one without life will boost your life as the -25% Life from carnage heart is a terrible downside.

I also don´t see any accuracy on your gear, don´t know your stats but you should check your chance to hit and get some more accuracy if it´s to low.

Further upgrades would be to get Diamond Rings to boost your Critrate.

Btw: Your sword looks great, but that troll Cold damage roll really brings tears to my eyes^^
Its still better then mine but man what a best this could be with a flat physical roll =)
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Aug 4, 2015, 7:24:50 AM
To again rehash. Buying a single good weapon, or TWO is better than an intentionally mediocre sword and a 20 exalt stat stick. If you are in the new leagues, and instead think it's worth 30 times the price of your DPS weapon for a weapon you will never use again, then please go ahead.

I'm just trying to help out the new players here. If you are going to invest Exalts, do it in something useful, not a freaking Death's Hand.

Aim for a 1 handed with 350 PDPS and crit.
Last edited by CorranHorn on Aug 4, 2015, 9:55:23 AM
"
CorranHorn wrote:
To again rehash. Buying a single good weapon, or TWO is better than an intentionally mediocre sword and a 20 exalt stat stick.

I'm just trying to help out the new players here. If you are going to invest Exalts, do it in something useful, not a freaking Death's Hand.

If you play Standard and a Death´s hand is 20ex its not worth it for sure, your mainhand weapon is more important.

Also as you may have seen i show lot cheaper alternatives to the Death´s hand. I really don´t get why you hate on Death´s hand so hard, guess you are butthurt that you can´t affor one?

And still just no, 2 good weapons are worse than 1 good weapon + statstick, even the "lesser" statsticks like Relentless Fury or Laviangas Wisdom.

"
CorranHorn wrote:

If you are in the new leagues, and instead think it's worth 30 times the price of your DPS weapon for a weapon you will never use again, then please go ahead.

Aim for a 1 handed with 350 PDPS and crit.

You are helping so much!

Search for 350PDPS + 7% Crit 1hand Sword on Warbands

On Standard

On Warbands ther isn´t a SINGLe sword with that stats for sale, on standard the cheapest is 40ex.

Thats DOUBLE of a Death´s hand even with inflatet standard prices.

Oh and again, Standard prices for less DPS then you "recomend to beginners"
http://poe.trade/search/imimikitonosig

Really get your prices right and don´t spit out nonsense.

Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Last edited by ZweihundertMorder on Aug 4, 2015, 10:16:00 AM
"

But thx for pointing out the Gracefull assault Cluster! Did not notice this until now, looks really great!

no problem

ty for your help. i was using carnage heart for levelling and thought i still need the high lifeleech, but i was wrong. so i switched my amulet (need 53 int) and changed the passive tree ab bit.

Amu:
Spoiler

it works with only 0.4% lifeleech

"
I also don´t see any accuracy on your gear, don´t know your stats but you should check your chance to hit and get some more accuracy if it´s to low.

i have accuracy on my gloves
Spoiler
, and yes, i only have a chance to hit 88%.

Ty for your response.

"
CorranHorn wrote:
thats fine, but i got 6 exalts left in my stash and my deaths hand and my sword costs me 6 ex in total. Before that i was using the sword with solid Relentless fury and it was working fine.
pls cut the shitty Sirusboss out of the game
"
"
PhillyB wrote:

thanks!

Some bosses are just plain stupid for Melee imho. (Temple Piety beeing the worst offender imho)

If the bosses deal mostly elemental damage, change your Granite Flask for a fitting Ele Resit Flask.

For bosses with big AoE Spam attacks that can´t be evaded by player skill its mostly a HP and DPS check.

Go straight in with Atziri Flask up for maximum DPS, attack as long as your flasks allow for then whirl away to refill flasks. (Mobs or just Portal)

If you have any specific Boss in mind i can make a video of the boss kill if i have the map and its a boss that i think i can do well, so feel free to ask.

thanks for the reply zwei, it might be more of a gear problem, i still need to find a respectable sword, they are pretty expensive in warbands. I'll def swap in a resist flask when i see that i need it. I was also thinking about maybe running grace over hatred to swap out for bosses?

I was also wondering what you thought about the heartseeker cluster for extra crit.

thanks!
"
PhillyB wrote:
"
"
PhillyB wrote:

thanks!

thanks for the reply zwei, it might be more of a gear problem, i still need to find a respectable sword, they are pretty expensive in warbands. I'll def swap in a resist flask when i see that i need it. I was also thinking about maybe running grace over hatred to swap out for bosses?

I was also wondering what you thought about the heartseeker cluster for extra crit.

thanks!

Grace instead of Hatred is only ok if you are in a Party with someone else running Hatred for you.

Killing bosses isn´t only about AR, you just need the DPS to kill them quick enough.

Heartseeker is a good option for leveling further, honestly there are so many good options left, just counting the ones i´d like to get the most i could level to lvl 105 at least to get all good nodes in range.
(Last Frenzy, Gracefull Assault, Heartseeker, Accuity, Depth Preception,Druidic Rite...)
Current Builds:
poeurl.com/c4vT
Do you feel fragile? i mean taking burst physical damage, bleeding, physical spell damage while wearing abyssus?
sorry if you already answered
Last edited by Bash on Aug 4, 2015, 5:34:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info